Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6620 6621 [6622] 6623 6624 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439620 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99315 on: November 29, 2015, 06:35:56 pm »

I'm moving in for serious career-related reasons. I already assume that I will have a shark rental. It does not matter for now. I can afford. I hope to be able to keep it around 1000 pounds and live in reasonable comfort

I hope that this will result in opportunities for more long-term projects in the UK.I hope that my earnings would be at least enough to cover that same rental, in this scenario.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #99316 on: November 29, 2015, 07:08:07 pm »

Yeah there's a reason I don't work in London. The increase in my pay would not only be completely cancelled out by the increase in rent, I'm pretty sure I'd actually be earning less net if I wanted to live even close to comparably.

The +£1000 accommodation in most cities north of London are either palaces, or meant to be shared between like 6 people. Accommodation for 1-2 people at that price range tends to only be found in the most expensive place to live in the city I'm in tends to have multiple bathrooms, full gardens, private parking, gated entry, and be described using phrases like "Period Conversion".
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 07:37:14 pm by MorleyDev »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #99317 on: November 29, 2015, 11:33:02 pm »

And now comes the part where I remember all the dumb shit I've done on the forums and still regret. People insist that I'm a nice person to my face most of the time, but to me it seems like whenever I stop bottling things up I transform into an ungrateful piece of shit.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99318 on: November 29, 2015, 11:50:42 pm »

Isn't that why youtube comments were invented? (That's the impression I get whenever I make the mistake of trying to read them, anyways)

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99319 on: November 30, 2015, 12:22:38 am »

~~~
You seem like a nice enough guy from what I've seen, just in a stressful place. And knowing this forum, someone'll definitely tell you if they think you're in the wrong, but, y'know, politely.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99320 on: November 30, 2015, 12:32:37 am »

You're fine, IT. I'd tell you different if you weren't.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #99321 on: November 30, 2015, 04:44:47 am »

It takes a special, nice sort of person to tolerate me. So far you have tolerated me. Ergo, you're a nice person.

Take that for a logical rebuttal.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #99322 on: November 30, 2015, 09:14:06 am »

Yeah there's a reason I don't work in London. The increase in my pay would not only be completely cancelled out by the increase in rent, I'm pretty sure I'd actually be earning less net if I wanted to live even close to comparably.

The +£1000 accommodation in most cities north of London are either palaces, or meant to be shared between like 6 people. Accommodation for 1-2 people at that price range tends to only be found in the most expensive place to live in the city I'm in tends to have multiple bathrooms, full gardens, private parking, gated entry, and be described using phrases like "Period Conversion".

Yeah, I guessed as much. At my current place (in northern Spain) I'm paying around half that for a three bedroom-two bathroom flat.

For now the plan is for three months (strictly speaking it's an external rotation. I'm still employed here in Spain). Something more might or might not arise from this. If it does, I hope that at least I'll be able to cover the rent with whatever I earn.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99323 on: November 30, 2015, 11:10:47 am »

And now comes the part where I remember all the dumb shit I've done on the forums and still regret. People insist that I'm a nice person to my face most of the time, but to me it seems like whenever I stop bottling things up I transform into an ungrateful piece of shit.

I haven't really gone back through your previous posts and I'm unlikely to. It's creepy, and I'd prefer to do the narcissistic option if I had the inclination.

Regardless, as resident "blunt as fuck" forumite, any of the posts I remember from you are usually pretty heated, of maybe angsty? But I can't remember anything ungrateful or shitty off the top of my head.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #99324 on: November 30, 2015, 02:56:20 pm »

Just finished Black Company.  Sad for a lot of reasons.  For one, I've been reading that series for what feels like forever now and now it's over.

Also because holy fuck the last couple books are real spirit breakers. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Overall great series, definitely read it.  Maybe don't read it all in one go like me though.  That's about 3000 pages and some of Glen Cook's narrative devices become too obvious when you see them too much.  Like...

Almost everything that happens happens because characters who should absolutely be killed on sight are left alive until they inevitably escape in the next chapter.  The explanation is Croaker's too soft but...

A general tendency towards anticlimax.  Things are set up only to kind of peter out.  Most important characters die offscreen.  In fact, now that I think of it I can only think of a couple characters that didn't:

What plot isn't driven by Croaker's staunch refusal to cut throats that need cutting is driven by people pulling shenanigans out of their asses at the last second.  Nobody explains what htey're doing until they do it, so almost everything that happens comes out of nowhere.

Likewise, Glen Cook seems to enjoy deceiving you.  A lot of things seem obvious only to turn out to be completely wrong in bizarre ways. 

Still a good series.  I'll probably find something else of his to read now.

Shoes...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99325 on: November 30, 2015, 05:42:02 pm »

Man I think that things might actually go well if I just sort of roll with it and wait this out.

There's two problems, I guess. First being that I'm not entirely sure I have the patience for that. Sort of don't feel like having huge doubts and dumb intrusive thoughts for another half year. And it's also sort of a huge risk since I'm counting on her being in my class for the second half of the year and me not being an awkward third wheel by better friends of her being in that class. Not entirely sure what I would do if either of those things end up not happening.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99326 on: November 30, 2015, 06:36:57 pm »

Miaaaauuuuwwwww.
Taaaalllllkkkkk
Toooooooo
Hhheerrrrrrrr.

Seriously.  It's not doing you any good to bottle up your feelings, and I get the idea that she likes you back.

At the very least, mention it...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #99327 on: November 30, 2015, 11:04:09 pm »

I have a persuasive speech to make, but I chose a topic where I truly do not respect the opposing view, in the sense that I'm fairly sure that the only reason to have the opposing view is to never have thought about the problem in the first place.

This is very bad for me, since I feel like I can't make a convincing argument unless I have their convincing argument.

So, those who disagree: why do y'all want to die? Or, logically equivalent: why do y'all not want to live forever?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99328 on: November 30, 2015, 11:12:43 pm »

That sounds... Surprisingly interesting, at least.

In other news, my religion homework is kind of impossible due to me having no social life and not wanting to reopen wounds from a recent loss in the only decent marriage I know of by asking about it.  Uuuuugh.

==Next post is probably referring to Caroline's post,  future peoples.==
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 11:18:15 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #99329 on: November 30, 2015, 11:16:11 pm »

Religion homework?

...Oh goddammit. My persuasive topic relies on souls not existing and thus no afterlife. I'm essentially arguing against religion. Frick.
Pages: 1 ... 6620 6621 [6622] 6623 6624 ... 8167