Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6612 6613 [6614] 6615 6616 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439330 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99195 on: November 25, 2015, 02:57:27 pm »

Is there a boss above them you can go to and say "Hey, this person is threatening to fire me over an unreasonable demand that in my two years here has never been an issue, what the fuck?"

Usually you don't want to go over your bosses head, but obviously this person is a fuck and if it's a choice between that and losing your income, I'd say toss your boss under the bus since that's what they're doing to you.
This too.
This three. Unless they can point to an incident where you actively failed to respond to a phone call or an incident because you were playing, they don't have reasonable grounds for this.

I used to work weekend tech support when I was on the BATF account, because shit happens, even on a weekend. But it meant a TON of downtime. There were a few instances in which I came in and got zero calls in eight hours. Like you, I would have gone insane just sitting there (or fallen asleep).

My manager had a "no Facebook/gaming/etc" rule during the regular workday, which was a fair rule (and which many people skirted anyways, especially the social media parts). But he didn't give a shit what I did on weekends, as long as I answered the calls when they came in, which I did.

3rd shift work is not like normal work, unless you're in a factory setting. Either your new boss has never dealt with this fact before, or as others have said, they've decided to look for a reason to fire you.

My advice would be to quantify the situation -- take a week and record times at which you receive phone calls (and how long they lasted) and likewise for in-hospital incidents where you're needed. Ask your boss to provide any proof that your job performance has been sub-par. If they can't, and still insist on this policy, then go to their boss.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #99196 on: November 25, 2015, 07:07:37 pm »

It's Thanksgiving tomorrow. Not so much "family has fun and cherishes eachother" as "family puts on a facade so that we can interact the bare minimum, then quickly retreat to our own homes to talk about what every other family member did wrong at the dinner table".
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99197 on: November 25, 2015, 08:36:15 pm »

Ahhh...a passive-aggressive American tradition. If it's any consolation, I'm having Thanksgiving with my ex-wife's family. Awwwwwkward.
I don't have enough of my own family left alive to really have a "family" Thanksgiving.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99198 on: November 25, 2015, 09:21:13 pm »

Ahhh...a passive-aggressive American tradition. If it's any consolation, I'm having Thanksgiving with my ex-wife's family. Awwwwwkward.
I don't have enough of my own family left alive to really have a "family" Thanksgiving.
I would invite you to my haus if I thought I could get away with it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99199 on: November 25, 2015, 09:25:06 pm »

I'm not sure if my extended family is passive-aggressive or not, but their endless teasing pisses me off.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99200 on: November 25, 2015, 10:15:02 pm »

This might be half rage, and it might not even be sadness, but since I've been talking about my shit here, I'm going to explain some things here.

So, my group leader was busy tonight and I couldn't talk to him. So I talked to one of the better alumni in Brentwood, my buddy Dillion, and i just unloaded on him. And he saw an underlying thing that was upsetting me:

My fucking teacher, who I've been scared of taking this girl away from me, is actually breaking the rules of being a teacher and, after he analyzed what I said, he believes he's taking advantage of this girl. He also says he thinks my teacher shouldn't be doing this WHEN HE HAS A FUCKING GIRLFRIEND.

My buddy also told me that I should report him to his boss because what he's doing is wrong on more than a personal level. I don't jno if that's right, but I guarentee if I do this, and the girl I like finds out, she will hate me. She says she will forgive me for one thing, but this might take that and a few other chances.

My group leader will have to give me insight, but if I do this, I have several people who will back me on this and one of my friends could even get pictures of need be.

And the worst part my buddy said? Is the fact she's 18 and vulnerable and he's 26, taken, and is taking advantage of this girl.

Now that I see THIS is one of the real underlying reasons why I'm getting so hostile towards him, I don't even know if I should give him a warning shot or not. And if I rat him out, he'll know it was me because of the hostility I give him
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99201 on: November 25, 2015, 11:53:50 pm »

Highmax: Again, I recommend talking to her about it.
I feel like a broken record, but seriously, you shouldn't be bottling.
And if you think she's being taken advantage of, you might want to show some concern.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99202 on: November 26, 2015, 12:16:41 am »

As a Brit, lol.

In my tired state and with the red line under the lol saying that it's spelled wrong, it looks like a drowning man.

Cannot unsee.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99203 on: November 26, 2015, 12:45:10 am »

If my next payday was just one day earlier I could spend all my money on Black Friday sales today. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99204 on: November 26, 2015, 01:44:42 am »

I would invite you to my haus if I thought I could get away with it.
thanks(giving) bro

It's all good, I'm actually on good terms with the ex and her family (well, other than her sister). Still feels a little weird tho.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #99205 on: November 26, 2015, 01:45:51 am »

I've got no family in reasonable distance, my mom has to close tomorrow, my step-dad will be doing other things, and Cinder is busy with RL stuff. So...Looks like I'll be spending my favorite holiday effectively alone. Yay.

Oh well. At least I have the dogs.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99206 on: November 26, 2015, 02:15:59 am »

It's so hoooooot. Lousy weather. Sod those dickbags who refuse to aggressively counter global warming, this crap is uncomfortable.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99207 on: November 26, 2015, 02:40:21 am »

It's so hoooooot. Lousy weather. Sod those dickbags who refuse to aggressively counter global warming, this crap is uncomfortable.
I'm jealous. Here we have stupid high winds ruining the chance of a nice, hot day.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99208 on: November 26, 2015, 02:44:23 am »

If my next payday was just one day earlier I could spend all my money on Black Friday sales today. :-\

Sales are the trap to lure your capital away from you, comrade Yoiunke.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99209 on: November 26, 2015, 02:44:32 am »

It's freeeeezing here. (Not that that means anything :V)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 6612 6613 [6614] 6615 6616 ... 8167