Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6605 6606 [6607] 6608 6609 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443503 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99090 on: November 22, 2015, 05:38:35 am »

Yes, but it'll leak a bit.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99091 on: November 22, 2015, 07:53:56 am »

'Tis a slab. The only thing it'd be leaking is cans or bottles.
Also getting your name engraved on carboard is kinda ignomious.
Although... Maybe... Poignant somehow? Your headstone would decompose faster than your corpse... I guess depending on whether there're any thirsty teens in the area.

I mean I've always been a publican soul, so if someone leaves a case on my grave you can go ahead and share it with me.

Heh. Was gonna post sad stuff and now I'm rather contented. Thanks, I guess.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99092 on: November 22, 2015, 11:58:57 am »

I was just typing out a long, well-worded post involving the many difficulties in my path as I attempt to get to sleep tonight, only to groggily hit some unknown button/shortcut on my laptop and lose the whole thing. Not even sure what happened- usually if the page reloads or whatever I still keep what I was typing.

So, basically: my housemate's cat is a little shit for sneaking into my room and waking me up, my housemates are a bunch of noisy arseholes, my digestive system decided to jump on the 'keep Yoink awake' bandwagon and insist on a full discharge of the bowels (I was tempted to call it an arsehole, too, for pun's sake, but this is a serious matter), I really need to find the motivation to fix my sleeping patterns, and it looks like today is going to be decidedly unpleasant unless I call off work.
Shite.

Edit: I could go a slab right now. Preferably a non-haunted one.

Editedit: Oh great, now my eye is hurting and keeping me awake. It's 4AM/5AM.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:05:06 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99093 on: November 22, 2015, 01:47:55 pm »

bluh

i messaged my crush on facebook and it felt pretty awkward but i have no real idea if it was (it probably was)
now i feel like i've fucked everything up forever even though i probably haven't.

E:
Also, the messages I sent a bit later haven't been seen. Nooot entirely sure if that's ignoring me or... x.x
God damnit.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 03:34:35 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #99094 on: November 22, 2015, 04:09:38 pm »

I am on hour 20 of being awake. Yesterday I slept for 13 hours (from 4AM to 5PM) and woke up with a pounding headache, so I decided that doing the absolute opposite today would be better. At least I think I'll probably fixed, if I at least make it to 7pm today.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #99095 on: November 22, 2015, 05:05:18 pm »

The numb insanity of industrial London.

Two Blighters gangmen executed a woman on a streetcorner in broad daylight, for no clear reason.  Two members of the rival gang attacked and killed them.  As soon as the last blighter hit the ground his killer said "I found a body, what should I do?  Somebody should take care of that," as if the human being she murdered were a dirty diaper she found lying on the sidewalk.  Everyone else walks along, unaware or intentionally ignoring it.

Still, this new AC is really good.  They've finally come to grips with the new way they do combat and the optimization is great.  The more granular free-running also feels smoother.
Shoes...

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99096 on: November 22, 2015, 05:13:23 pm »

I've finished AC 2 and AC 2 Brotherhood and I don't think I could stand to play through another one.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99097 on: November 22, 2015, 05:16:32 pm »

I've finished AC 2 and AC 2 Brotherhood and I don't think I could stand to play through another one.
For what it's worth, 3 is worse in basically every way from what I've seen in an hour and a bit of playing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #99098 on: November 22, 2015, 05:20:38 pm »

bluh

i messaged my crush on facebook and it felt pretty awkward but i have no real idea if it was (it probably was)
now i feel like i've fucked everything up forever even though i probably haven't.

E:
Also, the messages I sent a bit later haven't been seen. Nooot entirely sure if that's ignoring me or... x.x
God damnit.

CHILL
THE
FUCK
OUT

Even if it is awkward, who the fuck cares, you're teens, you're supposed to be awkward because you're still supposedly learning this shit. And consider other options your more rational side of the mind already suggested. It might not be awkward and you're probably fussing over nothing, and you're doing it again because she might be too busy to check her messages every five minutes or something. Seriously, some people don't respond immediately, maybe one day she will, but until then, chill the fuck out, you got this.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #99099 on: November 22, 2015, 05:25:07 pm »

bluh

E:
God damnit.

CHILL
THE
FUCK
OUT

Even if it is awkward, who the fuck cares, you're teens, you're supposed to be awkward because you're still supposedly learning this shit. And consider other options your more rational side of the mind already suggested. It might not be awkward and you're probably fussing over nothing, and you're doing it again because she might be too busy to check her messages every five minutes or something. Seriously, some people don't respond immediately, maybe one day she will, but until then, chill the fuck out, you got this.

More to the point, not being chilled is a massive negative from her point of view. She doesn't want to see you jumped up, sweating and clutching your phone :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99100 on: November 22, 2015, 05:55:22 pm »

Thanks. I needed somebody to reaffirm that my dumb thoughts are just that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #99101 on: November 22, 2015, 06:03:17 pm »

Keep in mind that we won't always be there to do that for you. Gotta learn to weed them out yourself, the sooner the better. Break these things down and take them on from multiple angles. It's funny how silly they become once you actually confront them properly instead of just feeding the boogey man in your head.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99102 on: November 22, 2015, 06:05:38 pm »

Keep in mind that we won't always be there to do that for you. Gotta learn to weed them out yourself, the sooner the better. Break these things down and take them on from multiple angles. It's funny how silly they become once you actually confront them properly instead of just feeding the boogey man in your head.
++ to this.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #99103 on: November 22, 2015, 06:07:31 pm »

I simply ignore them, if I can. I don't deconstruct them, I simply realise what I'm thinking about and think of something else if at all possible, which it tends to be.

Also, in me sads: Third week of essays in a row, the week devoted to research and the weekend to the essay. Kill me now. I'm a few paragraphs from finished - though I have a fourth and fifth waiting in the wings - but it feels like a few pages.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #99104 on: November 22, 2015, 06:15:28 pm »

It's the 20th and I still haven't had time to write a word for NaNoWriMo this year.
Pages: 1 ... 6605 6606 [6607] 6608 6609 ... 8167