Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6596 6597 [6598] 6599 6600 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449178 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98955 on: November 17, 2015, 01:45:29 am »

Fuck insomnia. Fuck insomnia forever. 12:30 now, and I still haven't fallen to sleep.
Turn the computer off! Cover all the light sources in your room (including any alarm clocks, tv power lights, etc.)! Your body needs darkness to help it get its clock cycle working right, and exposing yourself to monitor light or other light sources is going to interfere with that hugely.

Seriously, I used to suffer from a mildly serious case of insomnia. Covered all the different light sources in my room, and stopped using my laptop a half hour or so before I planned to go to sleep and bam, problem fixed.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98956 on: November 17, 2015, 01:55:32 am »

@highmax
dude kiss the girl
dude, grab her butt. (Ask first, though.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #98957 on: November 17, 2015, 03:30:13 am »

I have a headache, I'm slightly dizzy, and I'm nauseous. Bleeeh.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98958 on: November 17, 2015, 06:10:27 am »

My irritating shitbag of a housemate is being especially noisy tonight.
A friend of one of my other housemates is over and is encouraging the asshole by making conversation. Dear gods it is unbearable. I retreated from the loungeroom where I was playing Fallout into my room, where his grating voice is very faint. Still annoying me, though- presently I shall equip my headphones and drone it out with some music.

At least this stupid piece of shit is going overseas for a month sometime soon. Hopefully he stays gone.
I blame yet another of my housemates for not wanting to let a stranger rent our remaining room- somehow one of the others considered this intolerable loud-mouthed moron a "friend". Ugh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98959 on: November 17, 2015, 07:30:19 am »

Wife is in surgery again. Hopefully this will be the last time for a long while.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98960 on: November 17, 2015, 07:47:43 am »

Something we should worry about, or a routine procedure?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98961 on: November 17, 2015, 07:52:05 am »

On another insomnia note, I've also been spectaculary failing keeping my normal sleep schedule. I seem to become more energetic as night falls. Maybe its my increased intake of vitamin C. Aditionaly, the increased rate of rolling around in the bed seems to have caused me some persistent cramps in my neck, I can't really turn my head to the right without incurring a small stab of pain that starts at my neck and spreads around my back.

Also, good luck Max, it may not be the simplest thing ever, but you guys found out about it before any more damage could be caused, it'll work out fine.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:54:48 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #98962 on: November 17, 2015, 07:55:34 am »

I think it's related to the previous ops, i.e. kidney stone related. Good luck either way MZ.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98963 on: November 17, 2015, 09:12:55 am »

I think it's related to the previous ops, i.e. kidney stone related. Good luck either way MZ.
Indeed. There are lasers involved, so that's cool. Basically, they're going to go into Wolfeyez' kidney and pew pew the stone to death, ala asteroids. One not minor surgery after this one, and then she's in the clear.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #98964 on: November 17, 2015, 10:37:14 am »

Oh, my dad had that done, tho I think he had his spleen lazored to death or something. IIRC it's a fairly routine procedure so not much to be worried about. Hope it goes according to plan :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #98965 on: November 17, 2015, 12:11:39 pm »

So I'm guessing it was pyelonephritis..
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98966 on: November 17, 2015, 01:05:51 pm »

Frustration, days being rated in function of this, rejection?
Yeah that's pretty much how it goes. You can cut the middle bit shorter though.
Yeah, and if the last rejection is kinda fresh you'll know that it isn't the end of the world, so might as well get it over with now instead of after a whatever amount of time agonizing over it. Best of luck to you though, hope it works out this time :D
Thanks for the advice, but I think that confessing to somebody i've spoken to literally once is not a good idea. really, there's no way that wouldn't be weird. not that getting a crush on somebody ive spoken to once is a good idea, but i dont seem to have much control in the matter >.>

I really want to just post here about my new and somewhat unwilling crush on another girl, but I don't really know what there is to say.  I've posted aboht my previous crush here a lot, and right now this just feels like more of the same. I guess I'm scared of everything going the same way again? Frustration, days being rated in function of this, rejection?
Wanna know an easy solution? Just bee yourself. And stop feeling emotions like love.

Joking aside, I'm trying to say that you shouldn't get too worked up over it. It's not good for your head to be pining for girls constantly. Or at least it wasn't good for my head.
i'm trying to!
i might actually be succeeding, i dont really know for sure. today i didn't, i spent most of today thinking dumb and negative stuff and just played some doom to take my mind off of things.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #98967 on: November 17, 2015, 01:48:37 pm »

And that's what asking girls out is for, to get to know them so you figure out if there's anything to like or not.

So, y'know, ask her out to see if she's someone you actually like.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98968 on: November 17, 2015, 02:05:33 pm »

It never ceases to amaze me that young dudes don't seem to realize that girls their age are *le gasp* regular people just like them. Some girls want to be asked out. Some don't. Some will be interested in you. Some won't. Some want to play video games. Some want to play head games. Just. Talk. To. Her. Like. Any. Other. Person. * shakes the hell out of miauw*

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98969 on: November 17, 2015, 02:17:13 pm »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 6596 6597 [6598] 6599 6600 ... 8167