Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6594 6595 [6596] 6597 6598 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9436982 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98925 on: November 15, 2015, 10:57:44 pm »

Bronchitis really, really sucks when your aluminum house has no insulation and its snowing. :C
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #98926 on: November 15, 2015, 11:04:19 pm »

Bronchitis really, really sucks when your aluminum house has no insulation and its snowing. :C
You have an aluminum house?
Rubidium has RETURNED!

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98927 on: November 15, 2015, 11:55:59 pm »

I have a big problem and i don't know how to handle it.

I'm absolutely smitten by this girl. Like head over heels, can't stop talking about her, can't stop thinking about her, and the problem is, not only she has a boyfriend and says she's not ready for a relationship, but she (probably unknowingly) teases me by saying she's going to break up with him, she likes me a lot, she's sexually attracted to me (and she says she's a "grey asexual", and she says it means that she doesnt but also admits that when she does, it has to do with bonds and closeness, and she says this is the weirdest thing she's felt. She also kissed me on the cheek when I shared with her the one thing about myself I absolutely hated about myself pre-rehab because of what I did. AND SHE STILL CARES ABOUT ME.

And the problem is this: I'm scared. And I'm scared of many things. I'm scared because there is another guy she tells me about (who, even though he's taken as well, is known to cheat and admits he's a slut) and he is not only good at sex (im a virgin if you guys didn't already know) but he's got so much charisma that I look like a loser around him and she usually ignored me to go hug him and talk to him.

She has been trying to get me out of my comfort zone with women for about a month now, and I've been falling for her only the past couple weeks. And the worst part is it gets worse with how much I care and grow closer to her. And now I'm at this point where I'm scared to talk to her because I don't want want to annoy her, I don't want to say certain things because she might think I'm a loser, and somehow, Facebook makes me look more and more like I stalk her because I keep appearing in her Facebook posts that are things like "which of your friends can't live without you?" Or "which friend is most like you?" And so on. I'm scared that I'm going to scare her off if I be too overbearing and I'm scared I'm going to lose her he moment she's ready for a relationship to a guy who just wants to fuck everyone.

She's absolutely beautiful, she listened to the darkest things I have done in my life and still cares about me, she hugs me almost all the time, she sometimes pets my head (a lot of times is when I get upset), she cuddles with me sometimes, and SHES THE FIRST WOMAN TO EVER SAY TO ME SHES SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO ME. When she said that, plus the kiss on my cheek for when I told her my heaviest inventory (aka a thing I did that I would've taken to my grave because I'm so guilty and ashamed of it) I was in one of the best moods of my life yesterday because of that. I had a shitty day but I still had a fantastic mood. That's died down now, mostly because I had another shitty day and she (although I know she's busy) didn't really text me and when I asked how her day was, she said it was difficult and she didn't want to talk about it. This scared me because I know she's got a lot of things on her plate right now (which is one of the reasons why she says she's not ready for a relationship) but she's usually very open to me.

And this scares me too because my head goes to "it involves me" or "it involves something that might hurt me" and not "something bad happened to her" which is what it SHOULD be. And this is why I think I'm not ready for a relationship either. I was told in rehab to avoid relationships until at least a year after you get out, and this happens almost EXACTLY after a year since I went in. And I'm scared I'm going to be told to not talk to her. And I'm even scared if they tell me to ask her out right away.

I had this feeling in my chest like my heart felt like it opened up when I had a deep heart to heart talk with my now-sponsor, and that was when he said he is my brother because of the bond we shared. And I had this feeling with this girl and I don't want to lose her. I know it will tear me apart if she keeps doing what she does (the cuddling, the hugging, the petting, etc.) and I don't ask her out, but (and I told her this) I would rather relapse and get kicked out of rehab for choosing to stay and (at the very least) be her friend than never talk to her again and lose this friendship and this bond we have.

I know I'm kind of gushing, but she does have flaws, and I'm not blind to them. She has some very strange kinks that I'm not used to, she's very sick (she had hypothermia and was considered dead for 16 minutes (this makes her badass in my eyes), she also may or may not have cancer in her ovaries, which may or may not be he cause of why she's had a month long period, and she has a lot of deficiencies) and she has been abused and gets scared to touch (unlike my ex, she's gotten past it and doesn't let it effect her as best as she can). And that last thing is another thing: she must've been strangled by her ex or something when he took advantage of her, because she gets scared when someone touches her neck... AND SHE LETS ME, NOT ONLY TOUCH IT, BUT TO STROKE HER NECK LIKE YOU PET A CAT (which I think is one of her kinks). That level of trust, to me, has literally drawn me closer to her because it shows she trusts me not to hurt her, when, countless times (and even proved by others), that I used to hurt people (pre-rehab, I haven't hurt anyone yet that I know of). She does hit me or crush my hand or claw me when I tickle her sometimes, but she doesn't react as violently towards me as she does others.

And I have this horribly deep crush on her, head over heels smitten for her, and I have NOT A SINGLE CLUE what to do...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98928 on: November 16, 2015, 12:00:56 am »

Uh. I have no experience in the matter, but my advice would be twofold:
1. Keep calm
2. Carry on
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #98929 on: November 16, 2015, 04:36:26 am »

OW - a smooth talker to the last.

My advice is simply to tell her that. Though in a less...concentrated form. Say you like her, and ask if she feels she can ever reciprocate meaningfully.

Of course, my track record with women isn't the best, so take with a sea full of salt.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #98930 on: November 16, 2015, 06:10:42 am »

I'm looking at three or four hours of sleep total from this/last night, since my brain won't shut up and it's decided to make itself the feverish administrator of the college music department's imaginary files and it won't stop spinning and whirring if I don't give it something to bite into, since sleep isn't good enough for it.

This is going to be a long, long monday.

Good luck. I know how you feel, I just sucked up a chem final on five hours of sleep.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98931 on: November 16, 2015, 07:53:45 am »

@highmax
dude kiss the girl
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98932 on: November 16, 2015, 09:52:10 am »

This is actually a rage here.

So, I started work on the Christmas pudding yesterday. It's all mixed up and everything.

The bowl for the steaming that's supposed to be done today has gone missing. Where to? My brother's room. This is a large bowl, mind you. Why is it in his room? Because the greedy fuck NEEDS A FUCKING HUGE BOWL for all his fucking cereal since he eats it about a fifth of a damn box at a time. As a result, no steaming today, I can't do it until Friday, in fact, because I'm at college and NOBODY else is home those days.

I swear the mixture had better keep, because if it doesn't I am NOT doing the pudding again and he and his greedy arse can deal with a store-bought pudding. Which he has said on numerous occasions he hates the taste of. Thankfully, that's just him.

Cant you buy second big bowl for yourself to avoid such situations in the future?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98933 on: November 16, 2015, 11:34:04 am »

And you dont have brotherproof place to have one bowl hidden?

Damn, i managed to make ufo move with game maker, but I cant make it shoot missiles ;-;7

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98934 on: November 16, 2015, 11:42:16 am »

Reading this thread frequently makes me glad I was raised as an only child.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98935 on: November 16, 2015, 11:52:03 am »

dunno

i have a brother and hes ok

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #98936 on: November 16, 2015, 11:53:36 am »

I have five brothers and a sister.

Childhood was... Interesting.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98937 on: November 16, 2015, 11:55:53 am »

@highmax28
Well, I think that you should think more of her, and less of you. You are thinking of her, as an (lovable) object, not as a person.
Just try to get out of your head one second, and think of the situation.

What would you say to a friend who would live the same situation ?

I don't think you should try to kiss her unless you are sure (and you don't seem). But I think you should tell her that you have some feelings. Be honest. Honesty is often a good thing, especially when feeling matters.

In my opinion, there are two possible situations.

If she is "playing" with you (even if not conscient of what she is doing to you). It's something I did. When you are young, you sometimes don't realize that people can have feelings for you, because your empathy is not fully developped. Perhaps she is just happy to be "herself" with you, without seeing what she is doing ? After all, you are also lying to her, trying to hide your feelings. Considering what you said, it's very possible that she is considering you as a very good friend. If you tell her and that's she doesn't love you, it doesn't mean your friendship will be over. I had a very good friend I loved, and who didn't love me, and we stay friends for years. It wasn't very healthy for me, but it lasted quite a long time.
If she is not playing, then it's all good.

However, telling the truth can be very hard. Remember you can't loose anything. If you are real friend, she won't abandon you because you love her.

And, also, try not to be too invasive. Just be honest.

Also, stop asking her proofs of friendship of things like that, or stalking shit. It's absolutely bad. Remember that she is a real person, not only your object of desire & love. You can very well screw (even if it would be good in first place) the situation because you are becoming too invasive and stalking.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #98938 on: November 16, 2015, 12:06:15 pm »

Bleah. Feeling emotionally drained today. "Feeling down", I guess.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #98939 on: November 16, 2015, 12:36:31 pm »

Saddy birthday :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 6594 6595 [6596] 6597 6598 ... 8167