Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6586 6587 [6588] 6589 6590 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9431712 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98805 on: November 12, 2015, 12:43:57 am »

I'm hoping to wait until all the DLCs come out first before I play Fallout 4, but the hype is really getting to me. Surprisingly, this wasn't a problem when Skyrim came out, but then again I was stuck in Nazi Germany during that time and might have missed some internet chatter.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98806 on: November 12, 2015, 01:00:58 am »

wait

why didn't you tell me you had a time machine
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #98807 on: November 12, 2015, 01:19:12 am »

I'm hoping to wait until all the DLCs come out first before I play Fallout 4, but the hype is really getting to me. Surprisingly, this wasn't a problem when Skyrim came out, but then again I was stuck in Nazi Germany during that time and might have missed some internet chatter.
I heard it's the same shit from Fallout 3 and New Vegas rehashed, it's Skyrim tier causal pandering material, it's buggy, it's clunky, the AI is stupid, the combat is poor, wah wah wah basically it's overrated etc. Complaints like that.

Maybe that helped calm your hype. I can't judge the game myself, I'm not paying any attention to it and haven't played it. Listening to hype is not the thing to do if you want to wait on buying a game.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98808 on: November 12, 2015, 01:28:41 am »

it's Skyrim tier
well suddenly i'm interested
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #98809 on: November 12, 2015, 01:38:30 am »

it's Skyrim tier
well suddenly i'm interested

Skyrim had worse melee mechanics than FNV and it was a newer melee-ce tered game
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98810 on: November 12, 2015, 01:44:57 am »

New Vegas's DLC's were good enough that I'm gonna take them at their word.
I can hope the season pass will cover it.

Edit:
Payday today, looked at my finances. Between rent, food, and that bloody speeding ticket, I don't have enough left for Fallout 4.

Not a big sad, but still a little disappointing.
Oh, wait, sudden gym membership kerfuffle, meaning that I still haven't paid the installment on my speeding ticket which is due before next payday.
Looks like I'm still in the crap.

Edit:Edit: The gym called me back. Turns out I'm $400 in the red, because they'd apparently put down the wrong card details ages ago.
Heh. Haven't been into the place for months, and now the first time I'm going in is to try and talk my way out of obscene debt.

My life recently has been quite entertaining.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 03:14:27 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #98811 on: November 12, 2015, 03:36:00 am »

New Vegas's DLC's were good enough that I'm gonna take them at their word.
I can hope the season pass will cover it.

Just in case you weren't already aware, the people who made NV (Obsidian) have no relation to F4.
Love, scriver~

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #98812 on: November 12, 2015, 04:38:09 am »

I can't legally get any fallout in my country anyway because they don't want to release here for fear of offending people.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #98813 on: November 12, 2015, 04:38:44 am »

Sounds like Asia in a nutshell.

Meh, I don't really expect genius from Bethesda anyways. I just play their games because it is mindless fun, and I like their atmosphere. Skyrim's DLCs were all pretty awful story-wise, but I enjoyed Dragonborn's exotic setting for a while, even though Miraak is a stupid pushover. I'm one of those people who play MUDs and Fallen London.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98814 on: November 12, 2015, 06:00:41 am »

Speaking of mindless fun, I bought Witcher 3 yesterday and my computer can't quite run it acceptably. I'm going to be upgrading once I have some stable income, but who knows how long that would be.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98815 on: November 12, 2015, 06:15:55 am »

I can't legally get any fallout in my country anyway because they don't want to release here for fear of offending people.

Why?

...Is it the Brahmin?
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #98816 on: November 12, 2015, 06:28:44 am »

Is it the Chinese?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #98817 on: November 12, 2015, 06:34:10 am »

...Is it the Brahmin?
Quick Google search confirms. Hindus like their cows as just cows, I guess.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98818 on: November 12, 2015, 06:39:00 am »

I'd think naming it "Brahmin" (traditional priest caste) makes it a bit of a double whammo too.
Love, scriver~

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #98819 on: November 12, 2015, 07:02:52 am »

Meh, I don't really expect genius from Bethesda anyways. I just play their games because it is mindless fun, and I like their atmosphere. Skyrim's DLCs were all pretty awful story-wise, but I enjoyed Dragonborn's exotic setting for a while, even though Miraak is a stupid pushover. I'm one of those people who play MUDs and Fallen London.

To be honest, any gameplay from modern Fallout just looks like a heavily modded Elder Scrolls game, to my mind.

I wish they'd make the isometric 2D Fallout again, but that doesn't sell. Even the indie WRPG-alikes in recent years have only been moderate successes.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 6586 6587 [6588] 6589 6590 ... 8167