Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6582 6583 [6584] 6585 6586 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9437216 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98745 on: November 10, 2015, 09:46:47 am »

Helmut Schmidt just died. May he rest in peace - he was the best Chancellor we ever had, and that includes Bismarck :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #98746 on: November 10, 2015, 09:52:47 am »

Let's wait until acid-resistant coral and birds with oil-proof feathers show up.
Oh no wait that would be stupid.
Well, tuskless elephants are already here. It's only a matter of time, really; if we can't or won't get our shit together, nature will try. Whether it will succeed or not is another concern.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #98747 on: November 10, 2015, 01:47:19 pm »

Unfortunately there's a reason almost every species that's ever existed is extinct.  Tuskless elephants and rhinos might come around but we've already established from manmade attempts that poachers just shoot them anyway to save themselves the trouble of tracking useless game.  We've got coywolves and pizzly bears but the majority of threatened species probably won't be able to adapt significantly enough to survive.

I'm sad because I just finished The Silver Spike, the third book in the second Black Company Omnibus.  I was a little disappointed.

Spoiler: Sort of? (click to show/hide)

Shoes...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98748 on: November 10, 2015, 01:51:54 pm »

I have to use graphical analysis software
I dont fucking know how, there is no guide on the school internet bullshit thing, i have no fucking time
FUCK

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #98749 on: November 10, 2015, 02:04:40 pm »

I dont fucking know how, there is no guide on the school internet bullshit thing, i have no fucking time
FUCK
What do you need to do?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #98750 on: November 10, 2015, 02:12:53 pm »

Dell is a poisonous company.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98751 on: November 10, 2015, 02:14:48 pm »

Doesn't surprise me. Unexplained electrical fires were what got me, though, not poison.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98752 on: November 10, 2015, 02:18:23 pm »

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #98753 on: November 10, 2015, 02:23:08 pm »

Doesn't surprise me. Unexplained electrical fires were what got me, though, not poison.

For me, there's the whole lot of problems that I've had with my Alienware 13 (from day 1). I could go on and on about this. Screen problems, performance problems, hardware problems.... you call it, I've have had it.

And right now I'm angry because an advertisement for their Dell Recovery system keeps popping out, reminding me that "unless I update to Dell Recovery Premium" I won't be able to make a backup of Windows 10 but instead will revert to Windows 8 if I make a recovery disk.

This would be a sleazy company policy in itself, but what's far worse is that a quick google search shows that Windows 10 allows you to make a backup of Windows 10.... FOR FREE.

So yeah, Dell is trying to charge their customers for a characteristic they already have for free.

Shit, I hate them so much.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98754 on: November 10, 2015, 03:17:55 pm »

Yep.

Have they literally deflected allegations of bribery, with bribery?
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #98755 on: November 10, 2015, 03:22:14 pm »

Well, my brother's been fairly sick these past few days. Pretty sure that counts as a sad.
I mean, I know he's probably gonna be fine, but I'm still fairly worried all the same, and it's weird seeing him so tired when usually he's energetic and running all over the place.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #98756 on: November 10, 2015, 05:06:16 pm »

I have two tests tomorrow. And apparently the calculus test that I thought was next week is actually this Thursday. So now it's three tests over the next two days.
I could've studied for the calc test this weekend if I had known it was this Thursday but I didn't.  Time to panic and sob hysterically.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98757 on: November 10, 2015, 05:13:25 pm »

FUCK
What do you need to do?
I was using commas instead of periods and getting very stressed out about it. >.>

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98758 on: November 10, 2015, 05:14:00 pm »

I have two tests tomorrow. And apparently the calculus test that I thought was next week is actually this Thursday. So now it's three tests over the next two days.
Ugh.
Meanwhile, calc project dumped on my class, half due tomorrow AFTER a three day weekend that ALL THE OTHER SECTIONS HAD TO WORK ON IT, on the worst possible night for me to have to do a project (clubs, then a dinner I didn't even want to go to but was signed up for because parent), so... Much, much panic.

Let's put it this way.  I wake up at 5:30.  I get home today at 8 or later.
That gives me less than an hour to throw together a two-sided brochure about marginal cost and marginal revenue equations.  That also has to be like a Shark Tank presentation.
To add icing to the suspiciously brown cake, I was the guy left without a partner, and I got stuck with an absentee group member.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 05:17:11 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #98759 on: November 10, 2015, 07:38:16 pm »

My newbox has threads which are unreplied to since last month ._.
* Tiruin has been away due to RL issues. Argh!
Pages: 1 ... 6582 6583 [6584] 6585 6586 ... 8167