Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6579 6580 [6581] 6582 6583 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439278 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98700 on: November 09, 2015, 03:08:57 pm »

Guns?! But this is Australia! We aren't allowed any cool things.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #98701 on: November 09, 2015, 03:22:29 pm »

I finished MGS3.

That... that was beautiful. :'(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98702 on: November 09, 2015, 03:26:06 pm »

There is industrial nail shooting pistol. But if in Australia you  need 25 licenses to even take it in your hand, the  use the sling and stones.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98703 on: November 09, 2015, 05:04:12 pm »

You guys can't have airsoft/bb guns? That's just absurd.

use the sling and stones.

This would probably work.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:16:53 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98704 on: November 09, 2015, 05:25:50 pm »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:01:32 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98705 on: November 09, 2015, 06:01:53 pm »

You guys can't have airsoft/bb guns? That's just absurd.
I looked this up because I was curious and "guns are banned!" is commonly spouted by the wrong for these sorts of things.

According to here, Australia is d in the worlin number of privately owned firearms. Here claims 25th.

They have reasonably similiar gun laws to the UK in that you need a valid reason to own a gun (target shooting, hunting, etc - self defense is not considered valid). Bit more restricted in the semi-auto front, similiar in that you basically can't get automatic, and seems to be more permissable towards handguns (here in the UK you can only possess ones of 'historical interest').
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98706 on: November 09, 2015, 06:02:27 pm »

Just needed to vent, better now
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:17:46 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98707 on: November 09, 2015, 06:04:53 pm »

I finished MGS3.

That... that was beautiful. :'(
I teared up, even though I was "spoiled" on the whole story by Last Days Of Foxhound.  Heck I think I cried when I saw it there.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98708 on: November 09, 2015, 09:26:12 pm »

Are they small enough for a BB gun to kill them? If they're too disgusting/poisonous (?) to handle but big enough to have a hope of hitting, shooting them and collecting them so scavengers don't eat them is how I'd do it.

1. Australia. I'd probably need a license and a very good reason, and 'To shoot cane toads' would probably violate some animal cruelty law or something.

2. They're in a pool. Either I pop them whilst they're still and happy, and get toad brains all through my pool, or I remove them forcibly from the pool, meaning that they're agitated and won't sit around for me to pewpew them.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98709 on: November 09, 2015, 09:30:00 pm »

Isn't one method putting them in a barrel with petrol and a match? I seem to remember a friend I had who stayed in Cairns mentioning that at one point.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98710 on: November 09, 2015, 09:47:43 pm »

Yeah, dettol apparently reacts with their poison in a very horrifying way too.
But remember, I'm trying to find a way of dealing with them which Doesn't alienate my vegetarian housemate.

Also, yeah, some are back again.
I've just taken to texting her every time, and expecting her to free them.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #98711 on: November 09, 2015, 10:03:48 pm »

They have reasonably similiar gun laws to the UK in that you need a valid reason to own a gun (target shooting, hunting, etc - self defense is not considered valid)
Oh nice. So you can have a deadly weapon for purposes of "I just want to shoot it at things" but "I don't want to be horribly murdered" is a no-no? That's fucking retarded on so many levels.

As for my personal sads, I am too hype for Fallout 4 and as a result I cannot sleep. Or pee. Or do anything but fucking stare unblinking at the goddamn clock for fucking midnight to roll around so I can play the game in the most miserable state I can manage.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #98712 on: November 09, 2015, 10:22:15 pm »

They have reasonably similiar gun laws to the UK in that you need a valid reason to own a gun (target shooting, hunting, etc - self defense is not considered valid)
Oh nice. So you can have a deadly weapon for purposes of "I just want to shoot it at things" but "I don't want to be horribly murdered" is a no-no? That's fucking retarded on so many levels.
Must resist urge to drag the thread into gun politics
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #98713 on: November 09, 2015, 10:52:33 pm »

Read about a notorious DF adventurer.

Was wondering what the problem with the character was while reading all the way through it, it seemed quite similar to the kinds of things like merperson farming and Dwarven Day Care... at least until I got to the very end. It made me feel dirty. :-\
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98714 on: November 09, 2015, 11:55:48 pm »

I know I'm a scrub, reposting from reddit, but this made me sad today.

Don't worry about the commentary too much, this was just the only video I could find that showed the whole incident. I have a lot of respect for the professor though. I certainly wouldn't have lasted that long.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 11:58:12 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 6579 6580 [6581] 6582 6583 ... 8167