Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6560 6561 [6562] 6563 6564 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448230 times)

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98415 on: October 31, 2015, 03:28:38 am »

It is made of egg and nog.

EDIT: When the nog goes to your noggin you may feel like starting a riot.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 03:53:56 am by SirQuiamus »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #98416 on: October 31, 2015, 05:51:27 am »

That article is everything wrong with Wikipedia.
Love, scriver~

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98417 on: October 31, 2015, 09:11:39 am »

I'm waiting for my bank card to be mailed. I've been waiting a week and it isn't here and this is a mild bother.
If it helps, I'm waiting on a PS4. Perks of working for a video game store. Problem is, that hasn't arrived either.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98418 on: October 31, 2015, 09:29:11 am »

So I ran out of time to sew most of my costume. Ended up being a half-assed tunic and leather skirt. (Plus good helmet, sword, cloak and belt to cover it up)
Still turned out alright.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98419 on: October 31, 2015, 11:20:15 am »

Why are you making eggnog before Hallowe'en?
Because it is delicious, and because America's runaway consumerism makes it available all fall and winter in prepared form and conveniently-sized cartons. So at least it has some benefits.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98420 on: October 31, 2015, 12:56:51 pm »

So I saw a spider on a wall next to me.
So I slapped it with my book.
I slapped it kinda gently so I didn´t kill it instantly.
What happened next that all of the spider´s legs went crazy and started having some sort of muscle seizure.

I saw the legs moving up and down and his whole body ,glued to the wall by its own body liquids, shaking.
Slowly I seen the movement decreasing, and finally the movement stopped after forty seconds.

What I imagine what was going on in his body was that his muscles or brain ran out of oxygen as it desperately tried to run away... but it couldn´t.   

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98421 on: October 31, 2015, 01:16:28 pm »

I don't like making insects suffer for very long so I try to make sure my first hit is as disruptive as possible. I find trade paperbacks have the heft for a properly clean slam while also retaining the mobility to ensure the insect has no time to escape.

This all goes out the window if the target is lone hornet as I found out the hard way. A trade paperback does not have the heft to break their very rigid exoskeletons, and so you should really go with a hardcover. The slam itself will sometimes not be enough for the hornet so you have to hit it hard enough to trap it, and then press the book into the surface until it pops.
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #98422 on: October 31, 2015, 01:19:28 pm »

This is why I used to use a tiny crossbow and darts with broad, weighted heads. If I'm going to kill something, I'm going to do it quickly and efficiently - and I can't bear the thought of crushing a bug with a book. It'd leave a smear.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98423 on: October 31, 2015, 01:34:03 pm »

I visited my grandfather's grave today.
Black lives matter.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #98424 on: October 31, 2015, 01:39:45 pm »

My horror movie marathon plans for today were disrupted by my parents suddenly deciding to make me do a bunch of pointless yardwork. I wish we lived in the desert or something, then I wouldn't have this problem.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98425 on: October 31, 2015, 01:43:12 pm »

I pop most bugs betwixt my fingers- always the head, and with as violent a motion as possible.
Wasps and Hornets I don't. The latter are Huntsman-grade nonthreatening (except, I guess, to huntsmen). The former need to die or get smoked before I'm even willing to get in arm's reach.

Point being, there's very few insects I'll kill on a whim. Flies aren't my problem, spiders are usually huntsmen or long-legs (harmless and harmless), ants I'll kill, if they're after the sugar, or leave if they're pre-emoting a flood (noted by them Not going after the sugar).

Guess I'm a bleeding heart.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98426 on: October 31, 2015, 01:44:32 pm »

For what it's worth, there is a good chance the spider was dead and you were witnessing postmortem muscle contractions. Or whatever you call random activation of the hydraulic system that extends their legs.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #98427 on: October 31, 2015, 01:47:44 pm »

This wouldn't be a problem if we could learn to build houses that were actually properly sealed off from the outside
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98428 on: October 31, 2015, 01:59:14 pm »

we know how to do that

but what good is a house without doors or windows

you can keep your absolutely safe capsule thanks

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98429 on: October 31, 2015, 02:11:34 pm »

The hermetically sealed capsule house idea sound great, until you look at how allergies, asthma and leukemia work. Excessive cleanliness is literally killing your kids. But some people are still of the mind that it's e.g. dust and pollen etc which causes asthma, so they further purify the child's surroundings and filter all particles from the air. Basically the problem is that kids don't get enough immune boosts early on so when they do get exposed to irritants their body doesn't know how to respond. This is largely a modern disease.

Also related, the advice that you should avoid peanuts for babies. It turns out that for children who's parents who took the advice, they're 6 times more likely to actually get the allergy - 17% chance if you don't have peanuts before age 1, vs 3% chance if you get peanuts early. So science proves the supposed "cure" is actually almost the entire cause.

So don't begrudge germs and insects. They could literally save your kids life.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 02:15:40 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 6560 6561 [6562] 6563 6564 ... 8167