Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6548 6549 [6550] 6551 6552 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453778 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98235 on: October 24, 2015, 10:40:32 pm »

And don't worry about the virgin thing, that's super normal and super-underrepresented (because everyone is embarrassed about it).  Depending on what counts as sex I'm either still a virgin or I was at 20.  Plenty of people are like that.
I saw a facebook post a while ago with some kid saying "if you're 14 and haven't lost your virginity you should just kill yourself". It's weird. I don't get why sex is supposed to be so important.

So he's okay with me studying in Canada.
Oh hey that's cool. Hopefully everything goes well for you over there.
@The first half of that:Hormones.

@Caroline:Once again,  good luck with your parents,  and good luck with your college search and all.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #98236 on: October 25, 2015, 12:38:52 am »

I've been trying to remember a word for the better part of the evening but I just can't seem to recall it. It was a specific technical usage of some relatively common word to mean going from thinking about doing something to actually doing it. I seem to be forgetting a lot of words these past few weeks. I hope I don't have some kind of brain damage or brain tumor of someghing like that.

Also, I have a head cold.

EDIT:
I think the word was "execute"/"executive"
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 12:40:27 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98237 on: October 25, 2015, 01:37:27 am »

I was going to quit a dance club I'm in tomorrow, after our big competition today. It is just a lot of stress and people are passive aggressive and I didn't want to deal with it any more.

I really had a great time at the competition, changed my mind, and was totally on board to stay.

Talked to a friend of mine in the club, learn people were blaming the fact that we didn't win on me, due to the fact that I missed one practice this week. (1) That is total B.S., for a plethora of reasons...maybe instead look at the fact that we didn't have a dance fully choreographed until a week before the competition, the fact that we didn't have two practices a week because of laziness and space complications, (2) I danced that #@$! perfectly. (3) We are literally never going to get first. We are a small student organization, competing against legit collegiate teams that receive funding and practice a TON.

So yeah, I thought everything was fine but then it turns out people are talking behind my back and then telling me to my face that I did great. I got back to my room and had a wee bit of a breakdown, which hasn't happened for a _long_ time.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #98238 on: October 25, 2015, 01:41:38 am »

I was going to quit a dance club I'm in tomorrow, after our big competition today. It is just a lot of stress and people are passive aggressive and I didn't want to deal with it any more.

I really had a great time at the competition, changed my mind, and was totally on board to stay.

Talked to a friend of mine in the club, learn people were blaming the fact that we didn't win on me, due to the fact that I missed one practice this week. (1) That is total B.S., for a plethora of reasons...maybe instead look at the fact that we didn't have a dance fully choreographed until a week before the competition, the fact that we didn't have two practices a week because of laziness and space complications, (2) I danced that #@$! perfectly. (3) We are literally never going to get first. We are a small student organization, competing against legit collegiate teams that receive funding and practice a TON.

So yeah, I thought everything was fine but then it turns out people are talking behind my back and then telling me to my face that I did great. I got back to my room and had a wee bit of a breakdown, which hasn't happened for a _long_ time.

You need to stay in and deliberately throw the next competition.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98239 on: October 25, 2015, 01:47:35 am »

You need to stay in and deliberately throw the next competition.
This is literally the only one that happens in this entire part of the country. Most of our other stuff is just performances that aren't judged against other groups doing the same style of dance. And like I would never do that. That's what I don't understand, I go out of my way to be honest with people and nice, but people still have to talk behind each others backs. If you eff up a dance, I will tell you what you can do next time to make it better. I'm not gonna lose my marbles because we didn't beat literal professionals :/
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98240 on: October 25, 2015, 05:19:04 am »

Well, I finished reading my book and the last chapter has left me feeling hollow.
The author is certainly talented at fucking with the reader's emotions. I think I'm going to go curl up and sleep/cry now.

Reading Gone Girl gave me a bit of this.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #98241 on: October 25, 2015, 09:52:04 am »

All you people talking about friends and there's just me over here in the corner... :'(
*much hugs*
Despite distance and time--I'll be there for you. We're here for you. Just shoot a PM [or email]? :)
Pretty busy these weeks (esp. after typhoon happened) but hooray for net connection here.

Despite it being sporadic. I have net! :D

Sads: D-pression ._. Grr episodic memory. x_x
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:03:47 am by Tiruin »

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #98242 on: October 25, 2015, 10:11:55 am »

I am punished for the weekend. Grades came in today.

See, even though right now I am pulling a fucking 4.1 GPA, and have the highest average I've had in my life, I got an 87 in one class which means I am a fuckig failure, and now my chances of getting a scholarship are extremely lowered (fun fact: My parents make waaaaay more money than I thought they did, but they have not one cent saved up for my college, so my best hope is a full scholarship. Also, I totally have to go to an Ivy League because I can), and for their "effort" I can't just flunk it all down because of my stupidity, and I always fuck everything up, and...

Also, my mom is still mad at me for reading instead of taking another AP class.

I really need to take some time to cool off...  :-\
D: im sorry C, i hope they lighten up and everything goes okay, im sorry

i hope everyone feels better, you all deserve to be happy

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98243 on: October 25, 2015, 11:39:12 am »

I am punished for the weekend. Grades came in today.

See, even though right now I am pulling a fucking 4.1 GPA, and have the highest average I've had in my life, I got an 87 in one class which means I am a fuckig failure, and now my chances of getting a scholarship are extremely lowered (fun fact: My parents make waaaaay more money than I thought they did, but they have not one cent saved up for my college, so my best hope is a full scholarship. Also, I totally have to go to an Ivy League because I can), and for their "effort" I can't just flunk it all down because of my stupidity, and I always fuck everything up, and...

Also, my mom is still mad at me for reading instead of taking another AP class.

I really need to take some time to cool off...  :-\

Lived this, I feel your pain. Except my GPA was way lower than yours, and I still ended up with a full scholarship to a great school. Have you taken the SATs, yet? There are a ton of schools with good scholarships if you can get a good SAT score to match your GPA. And honestly it's far better to take one less AP class and get good grades in the ones you are taking instead of adding that much extra work. Not to mention Ivy League applications are pain. (I applied for like 4 due to mostly parental pressure, got into none of them.)

If you need someone...not as emotionally biased to talk to about college applications and stuff you should shoot me a message. There are a lot of scholarship options depending on what you are planning on going into, and your GPA is legit really good.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #98244 on: October 25, 2015, 02:49:14 pm »

I really, really want to cut right now and I'm running out of things to do instead. Ugh.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98245 on: October 25, 2015, 03:07:43 pm »

Jesus. Arx, please don't.

Draw something. Play video-games. Make shitposts. Literally anything other than self-harm.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98246 on: October 25, 2015, 03:33:10 pm »

I really, really want to cut right now and I'm running out of things to do instead. Ugh.
Find a forum game to join that has backstory you need to write.  Write said.  Repeat until urge subsides.
Bonus points for finding something cool to join.
Alternatively, Here's a timesink.  Read all the threads.  When done, refresh.  Read all the threads.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98247 on: October 25, 2015, 03:35:17 pm »

I need to post in more threads until that actually works.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98248 on: October 25, 2015, 03:48:10 pm »

My sad is that I have no idea where mastahcheese went, have no way of getting in touch with him, and he's been gone since mid-may...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #98249 on: October 25, 2015, 03:49:15 pm »

Jesus. Arx, please don't.

Draw something. Play video-games. Make shitposts. Literally anything other than self-harm.
Sing! :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6548 6549 [6550] 6551 6552 ... 8167