Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6544 6545 [6546] 6547 6548 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453723 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98175 on: October 23, 2015, 09:06:07 am »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98176 on: October 23, 2015, 09:10:57 am »

'Salright dude, the main thing is that you had the guts to tell her! :)
And now you don't have to agonize over what her answer might have been. Good job!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #98177 on: October 23, 2015, 10:08:17 am »

Aww, but agreed with Yoink. Now that you know, there's no need or reason to dwell on it, much better than letting it go on for too long which would make it much more painful.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #98178 on: October 23, 2015, 10:45:18 am »

I told her

x.x
the answer is no
Doom! DOOM!!

Oh...no doom? Good, let this be a lesson unto all of you -- asking someone out (or if they want to be "more than friends") and getting turned down does not, in fact, cause spontaneous combustion, irreperable shame, or doomy doom of doom.

Does kinda suck a bit, but hey -- you have about 3 billion other chances out there (double if you're bi!).

Unrelated sad: I am just three days away from far too much cake.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 11:09:52 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98179 on: October 23, 2015, 01:09:28 pm »

That really sucks Miauw ):  My condolences, but you will recover I know it!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:04:24 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #98180 on: October 23, 2015, 01:16:37 pm »

Aww, but agreed with Yoink. Now that you know, there's no need or reason to dwell on it, much better than letting it go on for too long which would make it much more painful.
This.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98181 on: October 23, 2015, 03:37:27 pm »

I could afford the graphics card I really want if I were American, where it's selling for about 320 American dollars, however because our dollar currently sucks balls, it's 420ish up here. 100 dollar bloody difference, stupid Canadian dollar...

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #98182 on: October 23, 2015, 03:42:48 pm »

Can you order it online?

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98183 on: October 23, 2015, 03:49:22 pm »

this is more being greedy than sad, but minecraft has been out for years and i still haven't played it. my friend was kind enough to offer his account for me to borrow, but he forgot all of his passwords and the passwords to the back up stuff. so, bad luck for me.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98184 on: October 23, 2015, 04:02:28 pm »

Can you order it online?
Exchange rate still applies. It's the actual currency exchange that kills it. Usually we're pretty close to on par with the USD. right now we're at an all time low trading in the mid 70 cents to the us dollar.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98185 on: October 23, 2015, 04:04:30 pm »

I am just very, very confused right now.

I left out a lot of details and things went... better than expected. If the answer was going to be no, this has been a pretty good way for it to be no. Better than I thought was possible. (Two years ago something similar ended rather badly and that's sort of affected me since)

So really, it's not entirely a sad, but this post wouldn't feel right anywhere else

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #98186 on: October 23, 2015, 04:07:04 pm »

this is more being greedy than sad, but minecraft has been out for years and i still haven't played it. my friend was kind enough to offer his account for me to borrow, but he forgot all of his passwords and the passwords to the back up stuff. so, bad luck for me.
If there's a pack deal, I could get one for you since I need to buy it for my boyfriend at some point.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98187 on: October 23, 2015, 04:18:39 pm »

If there's a pack deal, I could get one for you since I need to buy it for my boyfriend at some point.
Oh, it's fine. SB just let me borrow his.
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #98188 on: October 23, 2015, 04:59:04 pm »

I am punished for the weekend. Grades came in today.

See, even though right now I am pulling a fucking 4.1 GPA, and have the highest average I've had in my life, I got an 87 in one class which means I am a fuckig failure, and now my chances of getting a scholarship are extremely lowered (fun fact: My parents make waaaaay more money than I thought they did, but they have not one cent saved up for my college, so my best hope is a full scholarship. Also, I totally have to go to an Ivy League because I can), and for their "effort" I can't just flunk it all down because of my stupidity, and I always fuck everything up, and...

Also, my mom is still mad at me for reading instead of taking another AP class.

I really need to take some time to cool off...  :-\
4.1 GPA? And they're pissed at you for not doing good enough?
I've had outbursts of befuddlement before, but whaaa?
Wha?
Why ... why the hell?
What ... er ... look, I'm not even sure here, that's an insanely high grade standard to be getting and from your previous posts it's obviously cost you way more than it's worth with mental stress and such, I don't understand why they consider you a failure because of that. It's like the stereotype of Asian parents punishing their kids if they don't get 100% in everything, only taken seriously.
Like, shit.

Major hugs to you, Caroline. Goddamn.

I mean who the fuck gets mad at their kid for reading instead of taking yet another advanced course? Kids are kids, not achievement robots.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98189 on: October 23, 2015, 05:35:56 pm »

* TheBiggerFish sends Caroline their condolences as regards their parents being outright insane.
Also, consider getting out from under them before going to college, if at all possible, and/or talk to your school counselor(s), it's their job to deal with this kind of stuff.
Or talk to your doctor, or someone that you can trust to help you deal with them.  Your doctor can probably discourse on the negative physical effects of stress for a while.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6544 6545 [6546] 6547 6548 ... 8167