Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6533 6534 [6535] 6536 6537 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451879 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #98010 on: October 16, 2015, 06:13:27 pm »

Yeah, Cthulhu posted it yesterday.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #98011 on: October 16, 2015, 08:32:13 pm »

Please don't quote this

I can absolutely relate Caroline. There is a considerable deal of violence and other problems against the GLBT community all over the place. I was terrified to even tell my therapist anything at all about my situation, and that's a confidential situation.

You learn to hide things, but please learn that it is they who have the problem and not you. This is critical.

I was and to some extent still am terrified to do certain completely normal things, things even any straight person might do. It was and is a lack of confidence in who you are internally (though you can't show that to the exterior world) that can really mess up your day.

As for problems of religion and GLBT, that is a rather complicated issue with no good answer. I confess a bias due to my own circumstances (I suffered sexual abuse from clergy as a child; he is in prison), as some disclosure in the name of fairness. That said, I find the level of hypocrisy frightening, and I've gone into those reasons before.

The primary concern for you would, in my opinion, be your own safety. To that end, a level of discretion and hiding any GLBT status is not a bad thing. Also simply try to steer topics to other, less controversial topics. I imagine there has to be a sports team or some local interest shared by many in your area. Some individuals like cars, racing, video games, or some other common thing. Nothing distracts people from ever thinking you are gay, so much as carrying on a normal, non gay conversation will.

Be safe.

Please don't quote this
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #98012 on: October 16, 2015, 08:40:48 pm »

I'm going to go home, take some acetaminophen because I'm sick and my head is pounding, and go to sleep without having done any of my homework or filled out any new job applications for the third night in a row.

Dealing with the consequences of other people's bad decisions is fuuuuun. Extra fun if neither of you have a place to live without the other's help, so both of you are screwed twice as hard by eachother.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #98013 on: October 16, 2015, 10:33:46 pm »

Think I'm having another case of anti-depressant withdrawals. Head hurts, eyes hurt, feeling dizzy and groggy and feverish, etc.

Spoiler: rambling (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #98014 on: October 17, 2015, 12:41:40 am »

Just some little joking and I managed to take a little remark too personally. Welp, there goes my night. I feel terrible but no one would care unless I talked to them about it, but then I'd sound whiny because it's something small. Here's hoping my mood recovers and this can all be forgotten I suppose.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 03:49:28 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #98015 on: October 17, 2015, 03:56:44 am »

Truth be told besides a moment where I slipped into despondency, I did not get as sad as I thought I would from drinking alcoho-

theeeeere it is

yep

that's me for the night I think
Gonna go pointlessly be depressed about stupid shit that'll never turn out in my favour for however long until I pass out

I very much dislike how I'm almost of two minds about this whole thing. On one hand, I desire her very strongly. On the other hand, my rational mind tells me that attempting to make it would cost me very much and also fuck everything over in my life.
Why can't reality just match up with what I want? A rather infantile thought, but one that won't leave the forefront of my mind. It feels petulant.

Mregrgh. I understand why people with personalities like mine become such heavy drinkers, because it loosens their inhibitions sufficiently that they can actually interact with people on a level that they're incapable of opening up to normally. It almost makes me wish I got completely smashed just so I could really say what was on my mind.
But again, that nagging voice in the back of my head just telling me don't do it is stronger. Stronger than most anything after how many years of repression and pain I've fed it. I don't reckon I'll ever really actually open up to anyone. Maybe that's a good thing, I doubt people would like what they saw. Just someone who spends most of their waking moments wanting after someone that's not and will never be attached to them. Not a very impressive inner psyche to have. Doubt I could ever open up to someone like that face-to-face without an excessive amount of alcohol, and I wouldn't be able to talk by that point anyway. Not like you, Internet. Nice faceless Internet. I can just ramble on all fukken day about the internal bullshit I generate and never worry that I'm going to alienate a social connection in my life because I don't interact with anyone on here really anyway and I'm mostly incapable of giving a fuck about most of you because my inner thoughts don't really grasp that you're really people per se so much as conveniently shaped lines of text. Silly inner thoughts, you're never right but form such a large part of my problems.

I evidently become quite rambly when I'm sad like this. I apologize to whoever finds this. I'm going to go regret my capacity to love now. Good night bay12.

Edit again: ah shit my emotional state right now can be summed up by a Calvin Harris song. Yeah I done fucked up something.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 04:30:45 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #98016 on: October 17, 2015, 05:17:21 am »

My fucking sleep schedule was fixed, I was getting back on track, I was getting assignments back in on time, I had job applications turned in. And now none of that is going to come to pass because I've been up all night the past three nights dealing with other people's mistakes. It's 3AM here and I'm wide awake because I was up all night watching other people's children because other people stole from their job and got fired, and I'm not about to let little children be homeless because of their parent's negligence when I've been blessed to narrowly miss that fate several times in my life. I'll be asleep tomorrow instead of following up on applications, and everybody else is going to be up all night too so I'll be holding their baggage when I could be working on my assignments, or developing creative skills, or even just sit around with my thumb up my ass because I'm tired of working and seeing everything I work towards torn down because I'm always the one that nobody cares if I inherit the consequences of their failings.

I've noticed I'm stress eating again. Little willpower exercises don't work if the rest of your life is conspiring against them. Guess I;m just going to be a fat fuck loser. I need to quit this college nonsense, find some shitty retail job and content myself with this tiny foothold in the world instead of doing something meaningful, or even soemthing that doesn't make me wan't to shoot myself every night.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #98017 on: October 17, 2015, 05:27:06 am »

Man, not a good week for Bay12. Hugs to all. :(

I probably should have started antidepressants before exams, and to hell with the side-effects. This entire morning was a dead loss because I couldn't bring myself to do anything, and it's only picking up a little now. Hopefully this afternoon is a little better.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98018 on: October 17, 2015, 07:13:54 am »

Spoiler: crush things, again (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #98019 on: October 17, 2015, 08:20:01 am »

But you don't, that's why you're so damn nervous about it, isn't it. Because you're probably mentally prepared for the no and would most probably shrug and after a couple of days of moping around be perfectly fine.

The far more terrifying prospect is her saying yes, beacuse that's uncharted waters. But worry not, because that's the fun part of it, the exciting and equally terrifying one.

So go freaking talk to her, or text her, or whatever. And don't go in expecting a no, go in confident and sure that you'll get a yes, even if it's kinda fake it'll go a long way. Fake it before you make it and all that jazz.

And if you're questioning the quality of my advice, I'll let you in on a secret, it's the opposite of what I did, and since what I did  never actually worked properly (because it's mostly what you're doing now) it means that the opposit is probably the better path to take.

Also yeah, hugs for all (my sig link is there for a reason after all), my week has been kinda crappy, mostly because my sleep schedule is all kinds of fucked now. Last night I got cought up in Beyond Earth and stayed up until like 4, then when I finally went to sleep a random moth decided it'd be fun to just fly into every single damn thing in my room and be as loud about it as possible, then it rained, then I kept waking up and now I'm pretty sure I'm operating on under 4 hours of sleep, which, considering I have work to is less than ideal.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #98020 on: October 17, 2015, 09:56:17 am »

My inner thoughts don't really grasp that you're really people per se so much as conveniently shaped lines of text. Silly inner thoughts, you're never right but form such a large part of my problems.

Hmmm. Surprisingly, this gave me an existential problem. What if I'm nothing but generated lines of text? I don't think I am, but for all of you that's all I am.

Hmmm.

Probably better if I don't become too aware, then. Might find out I have access to nukes over the internet.

Arx would be first to go. stupid anti-me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98021 on: October 17, 2015, 12:14:14 pm »

This is why meet-ups are a thing. I now know that there are actual people behind at least a few of you Bay12 chatbots :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98022 on: October 17, 2015, 12:52:28 pm »

Hmmm. Surprisingly, this gave me an existential problem. What if I'm nothing but generated lines of text? I don't think I am, but for all of you that's all I am.
The solution to all existential problems: "What difference would it make?"
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #98023 on: October 17, 2015, 02:40:41 pm »

Feeling like crap.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 10:40:40 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98024 on: October 17, 2015, 03:37:08 pm »

But you don't, that's why you're so damn nervous about it, isn't it. Because you're probably mentally prepared for the no and would most probably shrug and after a couple of days of moping around be perfectly fine.

The far more terrifying prospect is her saying yes, beacuse that's uncharted waters. But worry not, because that's the fun part of it, the exciting and equally terrifying one.

So go freaking talk to her, or text her, or whatever. And don't go in expecting a no, go in confident and sure that you'll get a yes, even if it's kinda fake it'll go a long way. Fake it before you make it and all that jazz.

And if you're questioning the quality of my advice, I'll let you in on a secret, it's the opposite of what I did, and since what I did  never actually worked properly (because it's mostly what you're doing now) it means that the opposit is probably the better path to take.
That's actually a very helpful insight. If I don't get a chance to talk to her alone I guess I'll have to make one. Thanks.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 6533 6534 [6535] 6536 6537 ... 8167