Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6529 6530 [6531] 6532 6533 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449646 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97950 on: October 13, 2015, 09:20:59 pm »

Oh dear. The midnight horses been visiting you?
I believe she meant "This is a nightmare!" re: dysfunctional parent relationship she was dealing with. :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #97951 on: October 13, 2015, 09:24:32 pm »

there's no way I'm getting you frozen boozecream over the Atlantic without it thawing.

It's that god damn Ocean, again.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #97952 on: October 13, 2015, 09:54:49 pm »

I haven't heard from my girlfriend in a few weeks.

I hope she's OK.
I'm becoming increasingly worried about this. It's coming up on 3 weeks since I last heard from her, and she seemed... pretty depressed last time we conversed.

I'm probably overthinking it, and she's probably fine; she's taken significantly longer breaks from the internet before. But I really miss her, and I can't help but worry over whether she's OK or not. :(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97953 on: October 13, 2015, 10:02:07 pm »

Call her?
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #97954 on: October 13, 2015, 10:04:42 pm »

Don't have her number. Which would be kind of awkward anyway for various reasons I'll keep to myself.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97955 on: October 13, 2015, 10:22:09 pm »

Oh how I hate this existence.
I don't want to die, but I don't want to live, either. Why is there no third option?!
What would a third option even be? You're either alive and conscious or dead and not alive/conscious. To be any kind of conscious or aware is to be alive, ie, not being dead.

Even assuming afterlife is a thing, you'd be "alive" by being conscious/aware of being in the afterlife, you just wouldn't be alive in the sense of your current physical existence.
I guess the closest we come is escapism... books, stories, films, art, and music that allow us to imagine something better.
Hopefully someday soon my mind is in a place where I can (learn to?) create such things for use by myself and others.

Oh how I hate this existence.
I don't want to die, but I don't want to live, either. Why is there no third option?!
The third option is to change your existence, I think. Alcohol is one mechanism you've embraced for altering your mind, but perhaps there are non-chemical strategies that might help? I dunno what, specifically, just trying to be helpful (possibly failing, in which case feel free to call me out on it).
Yeah... well, as I said above, immersing oneself in an enjoyable work of fiction certainly helps.
The problem is you can't stay there forever, and then you have a comedown the same as a drug. Maybe I just need to start reading more again.

That said, booze and psychedelics are pretty damn awesome, I won't argue with that. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97956 on: October 14, 2015, 02:03:34 am »

If you need a chance than make one yourself. Waiting like that usuallly never works out, and the longer you wait the harder and weirder it gets, trust me, I know from loads of expirience :V
If you don't want to do it online, and you talk to her occassionally, why not just ask her to hang out, could be anything, heck let her bring friends, you bring yours too, make it less awkward for everybody when there's a bunch of people. Then after a couple of hangouts you tell her how you feel (if you still feel that way then), it will be much easier because you'd have probably gotten a bit closer at that point. Just don't wait too long to do it tho, lest you slide into the 'friendzone'
I would, and I've been doubting whether to asking her out, just tell her, or both. I just don't really have any idea of what to do, though. I just can't really think offer anything.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #97957 on: October 14, 2015, 02:51:39 am »

I've been noticing myself taking more and more subtle steps toward intimacy with a girl I know. This is bad because as I've said before in other late night rants about this, she's otherwise engaged and happy in that relationship.
I've been struggling with repressing my feelings enough in order to maintain my friendship with her for around 9 months now, and looking back at some things I did before that time - for instance pretty much the first thing I did after my 4-hour long black belt karate grading was go see her at our work under the guise of getting food from there, even though I could barely think at the time, much less stand up or walk - the feels were probably also developing before then, but I didn't quite consciously realize it yet. Which given that I didn't want to realize it makes sense that it could stew for that long before coming to the surface of my mind.

And now my birthday is coming up in but a few days and alcohol's going to be involved because she's wanted to get me drunk ever since she found out how old I was and a small condensed corner of my mind is terrified that a confession will leak out. I cannot have that happen. I will not fuck up the best thing I currently have in my life in order to reach for that which I should not reach for and will never attain.

I honestly never thought all that emotional abuse I suffered earlier in my childhood that taught me how to repress my feelings so they don't show or affect me too much would be useful, but it's worked so far. Figures this situation would come about just as I'm unlearning a lot of those restrictions.

I suppose I'll just need to really focus on keeping it to myself - I've given myself little reminders and such to look at over the course of the evening - because this has the potential to explode into a fucked-up situation if my feelings end up slipping beyond me, which brings me back to the beginning of this disjointed rant - I can feel in my gut that I'm getting closer and closer to confessing, and I can't stop myself from going down that path.

Fucking emotions, man.

TL;DR I'm becoming too smooth for myself to stop myself making hints of insinuations of possibilities of advances towards someone I really shouldn't
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 03:11:30 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97958 on: October 14, 2015, 07:05:39 am »

Fucking emotions indeed.

Because iron-will and self-control are the pinnacles of humanity until feelings shit all over them.

Good luck. Maybe pretend to drink more?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #97959 on: October 14, 2015, 07:17:45 am »

The wiki that hosted most of the images in my avatar is GONE.
REPLACED WITH THIS.
Now I have to use elements...AGAIN!
Rubidium has RETURNED!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97960 on: October 14, 2015, 07:25:57 am »

Why not just take the images you want and then host them in an actual image hosting website so you can actualy have some control over them? :v

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97961 on: October 14, 2015, 11:20:10 am »

Why not just take the images you want and then host them in an actual image hosting website so you can actualy have some control over them? :v
This.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97962 on: October 14, 2015, 11:29:27 am »

Fucking emotions indeed.

Because iron-will and self-control are the pinnacles of humanity until feelings shit all over them.

This sounds like good advice.
And if you're going to be in a situation where your inhibitions will be weaker, plan ahead.  Maybe think of some dumb things you can do, harmless dumb stuff you won't deeply regret later. 

I've narrowly avoided many an embarrassing drunk confession by laughing my ass off to dumb Youtube videos.  Or even like, getting super into some music and "dancing".  Embarrassing, since I'm normally really reserved, but not stuff I actually regret.  Feels great too.

But also yeah moderation in drinking is obviously a good strategy.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #97963 on: October 14, 2015, 11:48:56 am »

Kittens chewed the wire off my nice head phones. Damn fuzzbeasts again ;-;
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #97964 on: October 14, 2015, 12:35:05 pm »

Fucking emotions indeed.

Fucking emotions indeed.

This sounds like good advice.
And if you're going to be in a situation where your inhibitions will be weaker, plan ahead.  Maybe think of some dumb things you can do, harmless dumb stuff you won't deeply regret later. 

I've narrowly avoided many an embarrassing drunk confession by laughing my ass off to dumb Youtube videos.  Or even like, getting super into some music and "dancing".  Embarrassing, since I'm normally really reserved, but not stuff I actually regret.  Feels great too.

But also yeah moderation in drinking is obviously a good strategy.
Hmm. That'll actually work; I can plan stuff based on the quirks I've established that I have to my social group and act out in ways borne out by those without drawing attention to my real issues!
It'll probably need some mental preperation beforehand to fully function, but I do have the day before booked off so I'll have time to gird myself as it were.
Thank you both!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 6529 6530 [6531] 6532 6533 ... 8167