Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6528 6529 [6530] 6531 6532 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449739 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97935 on: October 13, 2015, 03:04:24 pm »

Because that makes sense, BIOLOGY.
Considering that we still don't know why you get tired and need to sleep in the first place, I'll say that there are a lot of things about sleep that don't make sense. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97936 on: October 13, 2015, 03:06:40 pm »

Because that makes sense, BIOLOGY.
Considering that we still don't know why you get tired and need to sleep in the first place, I'll say that there are a lot of things about sleep that don't make sense. :P
^^^
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97937 on: October 13, 2015, 03:41:42 pm »

Isn't the feeling of tiredness tied to some hormones or something? And the stuff that makes you feel tired takes a while to go away after you wake up, sort of thing?

It's not why we sleep, but it's why you feel tired.

E: oh hey its the sad thread.

Crush things. It's often hard to work up the courage to talk to her, especially if she's not alone. If she's with just other girls I just... Can't. I have no idea of what to do about that. I try to talk to her after school, but I feel awkward waiting too long, and she has to go in the opposite direction of me anyway. I could make a little detour, and I used to sometimes, but she always bikes with a friend and ehh... I don't want to feel like a third wheel.
I do want to tell her, but I need a chance. I do not want to do that in front of anybody else, or over the internet.
Oh, and on top of that I'm having doubts about whether this can work, at all. I could have used this a month ago, maybe, but now it's just...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 04:14:56 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #97938 on: October 13, 2015, 05:47:01 pm »

If you need a chance than make one yourself. Waiting like that usuallly never works out, and the longer you wait the harder and weirder it gets, trust me, I know from loads of expirience :V
If you don't want to do it online, and you talk to her occassionally, why not just ask her to hang out, could be anything, heck let her bring friends, you bring yours too, make it less awkward for everybody when there's a bunch of people. Then after a couple of hangouts you tell her how you feel (if you still feel that way then), it will be much easier because you'd have probably gotten a bit closer at that point. Just don't wait too long to do it tho, lest you slide into the 'friendzone'
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #97939 on: October 13, 2015, 08:01:37 pm »

I have three pages of essay to write, due tomorrow. It's not going to happen while I'm watching my niece and nephew, and after they leave I'll probably be too stressed to think straight.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 08:03:19 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97940 on: October 13, 2015, 08:06:30 pm »

Oh how I hate this existence.
I don't want to die, but I don't want to live, either. Why is there no third option?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #97941 on: October 13, 2015, 08:10:04 pm »

I don't want to die, but I don't want to live, either. Why is there no third option?!
What would a third option even be? You're either alive and conscious or dead and not alive/conscious. To be any kind of conscious or aware is to be alive, ie, not being dead.

Even assuming afterlife is a thing, you'd be "alive" by being conscious/aware of being in the afterlife, you just wouldn't be alive in the sense of your current physical existence.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #97942 on: October 13, 2015, 08:21:49 pm »

The third option is to change your existence, I think. Alcohol is one mechanism you've embraced for altering your mind, but perhaps there are non-chemical strategies that might help? I dunno what, specifically, just trying to be helpful (possibly failing, in which case feel free to call me out on it).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97943 on: October 13, 2015, 08:26:21 pm »

There was a period of time when I fantasized about being undead.  I was most of the way there - barely eating, barely moving, incredibly apathetic.  I felt like if I went just a liiiitle further, I could become a lich and just live in a library reading forever.

I wasn't even particularly sad, just dazed and ambivalent.  People assumed I was high :P  I wasn't, I wonder what even would have happened.  I had a nice suicide all planned out but never really felt the need, figured I'd drift on until things got boring.

Now I, like, care about things and people.  I worry about what I'm (not) accomplishing and who I'm disappointing.  Every time I start to feel content, I start feeling incredibly guilty. 

I find myself trying to relive the zen feeling via alcohol.  Though on some days, particularly grey rainy ones, it comes back on its own (:  Just lying around, relaxing and murdering time.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #97944 on: October 13, 2015, 08:53:16 pm »

People have said my mother and father have a dysfunctional relationship; they do. It's a lovely thing in the sense that Freud would have a field day with it. Guess what I just spent the last few hours dealing with. I'll give you a hint even. It wasn't iced cream, no sir (or ma'am I suppose as the case may be). Indeed, it's rather magical if I do say so myself, the stuff of dreams really, certain dreams that is, rather the ones you'd call nightmares to be honest.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97945 on: October 13, 2015, 09:07:30 pm »

As in rum flavoured ice cream? I think you can get that most places.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #97946 on: October 13, 2015, 09:12:19 pm »

Booze flavoured ice cream is just a cheap cop-out.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97947 on: October 13, 2015, 09:13:39 pm »

Well it's flavoured by putting rum in it. I don't really see any other way you could go about it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97948 on: October 13, 2015, 09:14:07 pm »

I keep my rum in the freezer but it doesn't become ice cream ):
It doesn't even become ice.  Must be defective.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #97949 on: October 13, 2015, 09:16:09 pm »

Well it's flavoured by putting rum in it. I don't really see any other way you could go about it.
Chemistry magic. What I was trying to say is that if you don't get proper alcoholic ice cream you might as well just give up.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6528 6529 [6530] 6531 6532 ... 8167