Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6523 6524 [6525] 6526 6527 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9450253 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97860 on: October 11, 2015, 12:16:34 am »

I especially wish English had words for gender-nonspecific third person.  Language shapes thought, after all.  Gender shouldn't matter so much, that it needs to be included in every fricken pronoun.

It's still better than French or Spanish

Yeah, in French EVERY SINGLE FUCKING NOUN has a gender. Which is annoying both because that's fucking stupid and because I have to memorize them all.

English's got "They" and also names though. Anyone who dislikes "They" as a proper singular third person pronoun deserves a semi-solid pillow bopping for being silly. Plus it seems more respectful/formal, like with "Vous" in French.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #97861 on: October 11, 2015, 04:28:11 am »

The pronoun thing again.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97862 on: October 11, 2015, 04:53:54 am »

I especially wish English had words for gender-nonspecific third person.  Language shapes thought, after all.  Gender shouldn't matter so much, that it needs to be included in every fricken pronoun.

It's still better than French or Spanish

Yeah, in French EVERY SINGLE FUCKING NOUN has a gender. Which is annoying both because that's fucking stupid and because I have to memorize them all.

English's got "They" and also names though. Anyone who dislikes "They" as a proper singular third person pronoun deserves a semi-solid pillow bopping for being silly. Plus it seems more respectful/formal, like with "Vous" in French.
i dont learn the french genders much anymore, it's mostly guesswork to me. i rely on my feeling for the language being much greater than it actually is.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97863 on: October 11, 2015, 07:18:16 am »

I don't understand why it's impossible to get a 20 point buy without two odd numbered stats. (Pathfinder)
It baffles my mind. You only get 5 stat-ups in the game, so you'll be stuck with one odd stat! I'm trying to plan for the long game and I just... argh.

Playing Blood Bowl. Come up against this asshole player. Can't win, so he's fouling all of my units all game.
He doesn't get any good hits, I make a touchdown right before the last whistle. He gets a 'free round' before game end, and during so he gives a serious concussion to one unit and kills another, far more expensive, one.

I don't really even care about the units, I might make the cash up eventually. But I don't like the idea that he's laughing his ass off on the other side of the computer screen.
I hate it when assholes win. It goes against my sense of cosmic justice or something.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 09:59:22 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #97864 on: October 11, 2015, 11:17:31 am »

Humid environment spawns molds.
So much molds that despite cleaning the area, I'm coughing very badly!
Coughing badly enough that I'm coughing blood (due to the continuous force)

That doesn't help given me being busy busy busy over the weekend with unstable internet hopping on and off (continuous and connected, but somehow 'unable' to load, then 'half load' then... >_>)
Just glad I was able to download the videos needed for school project report [and glad-er that I was able to contact friends \o/]

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #97865 on: October 11, 2015, 11:39:35 am »

Get a dehumidifier those can be really helpful. Tho depending on the weather I'm not sure how much use a single one would be X)
Also I know the crappy internet pain, been dealing with it for a couple of days now, it's stupidly unstable, probably due to the low signal strength, to the point that lowering my phone from screen height to table top height makes it lose connection.

Also also, finally posting here, heh, only took me three days, had the tab open the whole time but I just couldn't bring myself to write, or do much of anything else. Even now I really don't feel like writing the million little shitty things that bring me down, or the several big ones, so I'll just say stuff, stuff has made me sad for the past three days.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97866 on: October 11, 2015, 03:46:48 pm »

Yesterday I started work at 12PM.
Yesterday I ended work at 10PM.
Today I started work at 5AM.
Right now I'm on my 30 minute break. I started it at 4:40PM.
I'm probably going to work until 10PM.
Tomorrow I'm scheduled to work at 5AM.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97867 on: October 11, 2015, 04:13:52 pm »

Sent my crush a text, she replies, I send something and... Nothing. Doubts. :(

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #97868 on: October 11, 2015, 04:16:42 pm »

There are a vast amount of reasons for why someone won't respond to a text. As someone who has ignored the odd one for one reason or another related to things I was doing, I speak from experience.

If she consistently ignores you, then you get worried.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #97869 on: October 11, 2015, 04:31:02 pm »

Indeed, don't fret over not getting an immediate response and don't go down that path of thinking what if, only trouble lies there. Instead, send the text and go do something else until you get a response. Keep your mind busy so it doesn't use its bullshit tactics to fuck you over.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97870 on: October 11, 2015, 04:55:40 pm »

I know I shouldn't be worrying but it's been several hours and blegh.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #97871 on: October 11, 2015, 04:56:23 pm »

I haven't heard from my girlfriend in a few weeks.

I hope she's OK.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97872 on: October 11, 2015, 08:00:03 pm »

I haven't heard from my girlfriend in a few weeks.

I hope she's OK.
See, this is when you might want to start worrying a little.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97873 on: October 11, 2015, 08:57:04 pm »

Not sure about where you are, but in the UK I believe it's illegal to give someone shifts that give them less than 6 hours of 'downtime' between them.
That's probably doing something to OHSA in the US, but I have no clue what the actual law is.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #97874 on: October 11, 2015, 10:18:08 pm »

Not sure about where you are, but in the UK I believe it's illegal to give someone shifts that give them less than 6 hours of 'downtime' between them.
According to this https://www.gov.uk/night-working-hours/hours-and-limits the limits are even more strict.

In fact, IIRC, all these worktime laws over Europe obey an EU directive. Which among other things guarantees getting a decent rest between shifts, and even forbade 24 hour shifts.

Of course, countries go to different extents in enforcing this. And physicians -and specially resident physicians- get abused in this regard pretty much everywhere (although luckily there's a trend for this to improve)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 6523 6524 [6525] 6526 6527 ... 8167