Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6520 6521 [6522] 6523 6524 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452496 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97815 on: October 09, 2015, 06:14:18 am »

Tried to see ISS today while doing papers. Looked up when/where it was supposed to be but I didn't get to see it. Not sure if it was just too cloudy out, if I fucked up the timing, or if my eyesight is just THAT bad.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #97816 on: October 09, 2015, 07:06:53 am »

ISS?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #97817 on: October 09, 2015, 07:21:35 am »

International Space Station. You can see it with the naked eye if you look at the right time apparently, and I want to do so, but failed today.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97818 on: October 09, 2015, 07:40:16 am »

Le sigh ... ISS doesn't even exist, there are plenty of videos about it on youtube. Educate yourselves, sheeple! :P

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97819 on: October 09, 2015, 09:50:51 am »

Stupid eftpos, making it so much easier to overspend... I think that last pint was unnecessary. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #97820 on: October 09, 2015, 09:51:36 am »

Le sigh ... ISS doesn't even exist, there are plenty of videos about it on youtube. Educate yourselves, sheeple! :P

This just in: NASA faked ISIS on a sound set to annoy the Russians.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97821 on: October 09, 2015, 10:01:57 am »

i fucked up
shit went down with my best friend, i was humiliated in front of my entire class, and then did a thing i really shouldnt have done

also really didn't want to take the risk with asking my crush out bc of that today, which has been the best chance i've had in a while >.>
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:41:09 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97822 on: October 09, 2015, 03:44:18 pm »

dont worry comrade, everything will be cheeki-breeki, eventually

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #97823 on: October 09, 2015, 04:27:34 pm »

Someone in the family has a PC cooking itself to death because it's full of dust and smoke residue. I offered to clean it with them so they know how to do it themselves, but they wanted to know why I wouldn't just take the PC and do it for them. Every time I suggested a day to go round they refused, and they also refused to suggest a day themselves. I warned them that it was a matter of time and kept offering to help. Now the PC is dead and everyone expects me to sort it out and I got berated for allowing it to get this far.

International Space Station. You can see it with the naked eye if you look at the right time apparently, and I want to do so, but failed today.
Read this as Irrational Space Station. If you want another impressive regular astronomical event to miss Iridium Flares are a good choice. The brighter ones are quite a sight.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97824 on: October 09, 2015, 06:39:54 pm »

I got a job offer recently, which really shouldn't upset me.  It really shouldn't, but it does.

I don't know yet if it will be for more money than I make now, but it's tempting to take even if it's about the same money.  It's relevant to my research area in grad school, which is nice since right now I only do web development.  Web development is nice, but it's not super challenging or exciting.  The job is also funded by the local university, which means it's about as stable as a job can get, short of a tenured professor or full time postal employee.  It's really a good offer.

So, why am I upset?

Because the company I work for, which I've worked for for over 6 years, is going through a bit of a hiccup caused by my direct manager leaving next week.  Our dev team consists of 4 people, which will soon be 3.  The loss of said manager has caused some pretty severe damage to morale in the department, including for me.  So, I'm scared that if I were to leave the company soon, it might cause severe damage to more than just morale.  The loss of the top half of our dev team would be pretty devastating to the company, and our most junior member told me that he'd be immediately and actively seeking a job if I left.

Even worse, I spoke today with the other member of our team, who told me that he would soon be looking for a job himself because of pay issues and the loss of our manager.

So, if I leave, he might leave, and the third and last developer would probably leave soon.  It is conceivable that our entire development team might walk out the door in the next few months for a variety of reasons.  I honestly don't know if the company would be able to recover from that.  It feels like a bit of a jump to say so, but if I leave, it could indirectly result in quite a lot of people losing their jobs or being laid off if the company starts collapsing.

One monkey doesn't run the show, but do the four of us?  Kind of...

I really don't want to have that on my conscience as I try to decide if I want the other job or not.  :(

I also really like this company, and they've been very good to me the entire time I've worked for them.  It feels wrong to possibly just leave them hanging like that.  But then, what happens if the others leave and the company collapses in a few months whether I'm there or not?  If I pass on this job offer I won't be able to go back to it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97825 on: October 09, 2015, 06:58:22 pm »

Yeah, re that last paragraph: If the company is already house-of-cards enough that you leaving would set off a domino-fall of people leaving, it's probably not long for this world.

Check mate.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97826 on: October 09, 2015, 07:00:32 pm »

Yeah, re that last paragraph: If the company is already house-of-cards enough that you leaving would set off a domino-fall of people leaving, it's probably not long for this world.

Check mate.
Yeah...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #97827 on: October 09, 2015, 07:47:57 pm »

Trying to psyche myself up to play multiplayer games but all I'm doing is make myself more anxious aaaah.

Holy shit I can't even think of playing online multiplayer games without feeling awkward and nervous now. My social anxiety leveled up, apparently.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97828 on: October 09, 2015, 09:02:50 pm »

i fucked up
shit went down with my best friend, i was humiliated in front of my entire class, and then did a thing i really shouldnt have done

also really didn't want to take the risk with asking my crush out bc of that today, which has been the best chance i've had in a while >.>
It's okay dude, sounds like you had a shit day.
Everyone has shit days, and everyone does things they really shouldn't sometimes. As for asking your crush out, well, I think the main barrier is in your head. You don't really need a 'perfect moment' or chance to do so... but then, I can completely relate to the feeling.
Anyway, I hope the day immediately following your shit day is far less shit.

In my own sads: last night was great, but I think my anxiety lessened its greatness. Ugh.
I don't think alcohol is working so well as an anti-anxiety measure any more. Perhaps I need actual medication. :-\
Then again, I probably just didn't drink enough.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #97829 on: October 09, 2015, 10:43:50 pm »

So I'm all out of anti-depressants. No refills. It's the weekend so no psychiatrists available to prescribe more.

Withdrawal symptoms are starting to kick in, I think. I'm feeling weeeeeird. Not sad or depressed, I don't think, just weird. I'm not sure I even need meds for depression anymore. If I survive the withdrawal symptoms and I don't become a sadsack again then I guess that's a plus.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 6520 6521 [6522] 6523 6524 ... 8167