Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6518 6519 [6520] 6521 6522 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452399 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97785 on: October 08, 2015, 04:03:49 pm »

Worldmaster, never be sorry for feeling sad and posting it in a sad thread, that's literally why it exists, as a safe space for people to vent, and maybe get some support.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #97786 on: October 08, 2015, 04:13:54 pm »

stevonnie est purty
Spoiler: You mean this? (click to show/hide)
I see your androgynous cartoon character and raise you this.

Fakeedit: Dammit now I'm perpetuating the creepiness.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97787 on: October 08, 2015, 04:56:34 pm »

Both look pretty gross to me. Yay for being not-creepy in this one specific instance, I guess?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #97788 on: October 08, 2015, 05:00:23 pm »

That's some pretty fucking heavy bullshit.

I don't know how child services works or if its applicable in this case but that cannot be legal so maybe call someone?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97789 on: October 08, 2015, 05:09:06 pm »

stevonnie est purty
Spoiler: You mean this? (click to show/hide)
I see your androgynous cartoon character and raise you this.

Fakeedit: Dammit now I'm perpetuating the creepiness.

Hah, you fools know nothing >:v!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97790 on: October 08, 2015, 05:10:16 pm »

:c

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #97791 on: October 08, 2015, 05:37:42 pm »

fucking kittens. I've made it to the laundromat, but everything in my world still smells and tastes like cat piss and shit. The washers better fucking hurry up and do a good job.

Oh, and when I went in to talk to the admissions office again to get my residency status changed and asked to speak to the dumbass' supervisor because he clearly can't get anything done or pass on a message to his supervisors on his own, his first instinct is to reach under the fucking desk and hit the alarm, calling security into the room. And not even fucking stealthily, just blatantly telling everyone that I'm obviously terrifying when I want to talk to the supervisor. Yeah, after that I was actually a little angry, I guess. Of course, she wasn't there, she's on FUCKING VACATION, hurray, so I get to talk to the vice president of business and finance, who knows absolutely jack shit about what's going on. The supervisor who reviewed my paperwork didn't leave any notes, just that it was rejected, so obviously it's because I didn't provide three separate sources. After explaining to the guy repeatedly, because he just didn't seem to comprehend it, that the dumbass out there rejected every other source I'd provided, he admits that "oh, well, now we know yours is a special case! Most other people can do this because they live in town in legally admissible residential housing with utilities pre-installed instead of in a shed designated as a warehouse out in the middle of nowhere where it costs 5k to install a transformer and 3k more to get a line up to the building! I can totally talk to my coworkers about how we can handle this, just give me until Friday!" I then have to explain to him repeatedly that I can't take a call before 5pm because I have to work, this is clearly a difficult concept to him since all the bureaucratic departments close at 2:30pm on Fridays, it's simply incomprehensible that other people can't have such cozy positions sitting on their asses all day!
Then I mumbled about how the fuck in the desk every time I come in is a lazy bastard on my way out, and of course he overheard that. If the dumbass had just informed his supervisors about the situation on his own, as I had clearly explained it to him twice prior to this, maybe I wouldn't have had to remind his boss that he's a dumbass.
I also noticed the cops following me all the way back to my car.
I'll probably be banned from campus and put on all the watchlists or something.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #97792 on: October 08, 2015, 06:07:21 pm »

That's some pretty fucking heavy bullshit.

I don't know how child services works or if its applicable in this case but that cannot be legal so maybe call someone?
it is bs, yeah, but it's legal as long as he stays in a school (until he's 16 at least, he's 14 now), and like this is georgia i dont think there's much in the way of caring about trans ppl here and idk about the whole shouting and cutting him off from everything and violating his privacy with pretty much literally everything he has thing. his family is just complete bullshit, and i'm doubtful that contacting anybody would do anything but exacerbate the situation. maybe i can get him to talk to a counselor or whoever at school but idk man, it's rough

Worldmaster, never be sorry for feeling sad and posting it in a sad thread, that's literally why it exists, as a safe space for people to vent, and maybe get some support.
thank, people mean a lot to me and so yeah

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97793 on: October 08, 2015, 06:22:35 pm »

No, it's child abuse.
Psychological abuse is still abuse and that kid's parents need to know that.
By the way, how are they currently referring to theirself?  So this doesn't get awkward for me as I agonize over pronouns.  ;)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #97794 on: October 08, 2015, 06:39:23 pm »

Generally speaking unless they're a nonbinary trans* (it's complicated) person I think it's safe to refer to them using the pronouns for the gender they identify as.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97795 on: October 08, 2015, 06:45:16 pm »

Generally speaking unless they're a nonbinary trans* (it's complicated) person I think it's safe to refer to them using the pronouns for the gender they identify as.
That was my question.
Sigtext

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #97796 on: October 08, 2015, 06:53:26 pm »

They're a transmale. So he/him/his.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #97797 on: October 08, 2015, 06:55:24 pm »

No, it's child abuse.
Psychological abuse is still abuse and that kid's parents need to know that.
By the way, how are they currently referring to theirself?  So this doesn't get awkward for me as I agonize over pronouns.  ;)
i dont think his parents strictly give half a shit, they give me a bad feeling and don't really seem to care, and i'm going to try and see if i can get him to talk to someone and tho it'll hurt suggest he concede a bit

the gender neutral self is themself or themselves, at least as far as i use it, and he's a guy so i mean like use he/him/etc, tho he's okay with neutral ones too

ninja'd: they're binary as far as i know, so yeah masculine pronouns

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97798 on: October 08, 2015, 08:04:17 pm »

Thanks for that (:
Not that I've made much progress on figuring myself out, but yeah.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97799 on: October 08, 2015, 09:06:39 pm »

I mean, I spend weeks trying to put our friendship back on track... I kind of realized it was sort of hopeless...

I feel like giving up on everything...
Pages: 1 ... 6518 6519 [6520] 6521 6522 ... 8167