Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6511 6512 [6513] 6514 6515 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453612 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97680 on: October 05, 2015, 09:24:42 pm »

I spent a lot of time today thinking about consciousness and it ending in a semi-asleep state of mind. Maybe it seems really really obvious, but I've just realized I really really don't want to die. Like, I considered that my life would eventually end before with a degree of ambivalence, but I only now fully grasp the horror of not existing.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97681 on: October 05, 2015, 09:28:18 pm »

I keep putting off the painful interpersonal interactions that I kind of need to do in order to not feel like shit. It wouldn't even be that bad but apparently I'd rather just wallow in self-pity than actually fix my problems.
This is really dumb.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #97682 on: October 05, 2015, 10:33:59 pm »

Generally tired of being fucked over by things out of my control.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #97683 on: October 05, 2015, 11:28:44 pm »

Oh hey, welcome back Caroline! Was wondering where you got to. It's good to see you're alright, and hopefully you keep on top of the meatspace stuff.

E: Words are troublesome to arrange correctly.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:30:27 pm by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97684 on: October 05, 2015, 11:34:02 pm »

Same, welcome back!

I'm not good at preparing tea, but...  o-oh, OW made enough authentic Commonwealth tea for everyone, that's good (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #97685 on: October 05, 2015, 11:35:22 pm »

I spent a lot of time today thinking about consciousness and it ending in a semi-asleep state of mind. Maybe it seems really really obvious, but I've just realized I really really don't want to die. Like, I considered that my life would eventually end before with a degree of ambivalence, but I only now fully grasp the horror of not existing.

yes, this is true

the trick is to uh

never let go of that fear

don't let anyone convince you that death is good

live your life like you wanna live forever

because you probably do

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97686 on: October 05, 2015, 11:54:31 pm »

The trick is to get absorbed in projects which distract you.  And entertainment that distracts you.
When those fail, drink
*hic*

Or try to understand that non-existence is absolutely fine.  There's literally nothing uncomfortable about not existing.
Yeah it doesn't work for me either.  *shudder*
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #97687 on: October 06, 2015, 12:00:03 am »

The trick is to realize you'll die too soon anyways so there's no point ending it now.

Says me, anyways. Of course, the issue with this line of thinking is that you realize there's no point not dying either.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #97688 on: October 06, 2015, 12:04:31 am »

Or try to understand that non-existence is absolutely fine.  There's literally nothing uncomfortable about not existing.

pff that's dumb

i mean it's like

it's not non-existence that is bad, it's the fact that i don't get to do anything during it

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97689 on: October 06, 2015, 12:11:20 am »

@Cinder
No point, but a lot of fun to be had.  And interesting things.
For almost 10 years I've been ready to quit life, but I'm hanging on as long as things remain interesting.  Thing is, life is pretty interesting.  Beautiful and terrible as the dawn!

Heh, particularly with the internet.  Constantly exceeds expectations.  In the most inane(pointless) ways, but it's still such a spectacle!

pff that's dumb

i mean it's like

it's not non-existence that is bad, it's the fact that i don't get to do anything during it
Yeah.
I do want to do something that people remember me for...
Even though that's pointless.  So really, I want to do something that people give me appreciation for doing.  And/or feel good in this life for creating something that'll survive me.
Somethings, even.
She/they

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #97690 on: October 06, 2015, 12:16:41 am »

Like BABBIES!! :D
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #97691 on: October 06, 2015, 12:21:03 am »

Don't fear death. Instead, make the most of your life. It's pretty much inevitable that you're going to die, but you have good while to live. Do something awe-inspiring with your life, and people will remember you for years to come, and you'll never truly 'not exist'. That is why my personal ultimate life goal is to get into history books.

And no, non-existence doesn't hurt either, since you'd not be around to feel it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97692 on: October 06, 2015, 12:23:30 am »

She/they

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #97693 on: October 06, 2015, 12:56:19 am »

Don't fear death. Instead, make the most of your life. It's pretty much inevitable that you're going to die, but you have good while to live. Do something awe-inspiring with your life, and people will remember you for years to come, and you'll never truly 'not exist'. That is why my personal ultimate life goal is to get into history books.

And no, non-existence doesn't hurt either, since you'd not be around to feel it.
Bah! That's a defeatist attitude if I've ever seen one! You should fight death to your last gasp, cursing it as you make your way to your last embrace.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Honestly I've never been able to understand people who are okay with nonexistence. I mean the way that I see it if you look at pretty much any conflict ever, in pretty much every case the winner just comes down to whichever side can survive the longest, i.e. avoid nonexistence for the longest. In that sense you could look at nonexistence as losing, in a way. And additionally there's the fact that no matter how bad things get while you are still alive, they always have the opportunity to get better. On the other hand nonexistence is permanently irreversible.

So to me when people say: "I'm okay with nonexistence" it translates to me as "I'm okay with throwing away any chance I potentially have at winning the 'game'... forever", which just doesn't jive well in my mind :P.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #97694 on: October 06, 2015, 01:08:13 am »

Who cares if I lose, if that loss doesn't mean anything? If I exist for maybe thousands of years longer in the memories and records of future generations, does death truly make me nonexistent? By focusing on life instead of death, I'm hardly giving up.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 6511 6512 [6513] 6514 6515 ... 8167