Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6504 6505 [6506] 6507 6508 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453657 times)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97575 on: September 30, 2015, 01:18:49 pm »

A friend quit the mineblocks for reasons, now it hurts.
Take care in the roundworld Ryden.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #97576 on: September 30, 2015, 02:01:48 pm »

Had to type my weekly assignment three times in quick succession, because of shitty unresponsive college website that probably hasn't been updated since the first time it was uploaded. I was quite tired of it by the third try, and just uploaded some bullshit one-line answers that probably won't get full credit.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97577 on: September 30, 2015, 02:19:44 pm »

I'm currently sitting in the dark because my prepaid electricity has run out. Joy.

Oh, damn. At least it's the end of the month. Unless you have to wait until the fifteenth or something.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #97578 on: September 30, 2015, 02:34:23 pm »

I'm currently sitting in the dark because my prepaid electricity has run out. Joy.

Oh, damn. At least it's the end of the month. Unless you have to wait until the fifteenth or something.

More can be bought, theoretically. Right now at least one system for doing that isn't working.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #97579 on: September 30, 2015, 04:36:15 pm »

Apparently my brother thought it'd be funny to dump our father's ashtray on his chair after starting yet another screaming fight with parents for no reason other than he felt like being rude and acting like other people had to put up with it. My father was understandably pissed, and attempted to confiscate my brother's cell phone as punishment. My brother insisted "I dint do nuthin'" as usual, eventually threw a fucking fit which ended with him punching my father, basically calling him a piece of shit, dumping the dessert my mother had been making in the garbage and leaving the house. Also understandably, my father did not try to stop him. Enter mother from stage left, she is mad at my father for not getting this mad about things when she gets treated like shit in this way, despite the fact that my brother has always treated him just as horribly and he has always handled things with patience. Mother ignores this, still acts like a child.

Also, my brother just came back and started watching fucking TV without apologizing for one thing he did, probably because he's /obviously/ right, which is also par the course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97580 on: September 30, 2015, 07:35:06 pm »

So I've gone crawling back to Imgur, lacking much in the way of alternatives.
For whatever reason, my avatar (which stopped working when they made all their recent changes) had seemingly been completely deleted- it only showed up as a thumbnail in my image list, when clicked on it just displays an error.

I uploaded another version that I made a few days ago (whilst unable to view the original) but it's slightly different... it has a bit more room on the right side. It doesn't look quite as good as an avatar, somehow. I think I'll have to fiddle around and crop it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #97581 on: September 30, 2015, 08:07:31 pm »

I'm beginning to think the dude has some mental issue. Narcissistic personality disorder?
"Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder in which a person is excessively preoccupied with personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity, mentally unable to see the destructive damage they are causing to themselves and others." - Wkipedia

Yeah, could be. Or he could be an absolute asshat. Although come to think of it I suppose the two are not mutually exclusive.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #97582 on: September 30, 2015, 08:45:07 pm »

Egads, sounds like my brother. Slightly worse, though.

My parents' patience has always had limits you see. When you start a fistfight with dad, and he has, you lose. Until dad's old and has broken both his shoulder and hip and it's your 18th birthday, then it requires brotherly intervention of the painful variety.

He slept under a bridge that night, apparently. It wasn't the last fistfight he started with dad because he wasn't getting his way, either.
My only regret, and a reason to be sad, is that he took that adorable puppy with him. Or, rather, his lazy fatass girlfriend did. He was a good dog...

I'm also sad that I caught my dog running off over the hills unsupervised, with that damn puppy mom brought home. My dog got tied up for the night (well, a little while, I had to go) and the puppy... Ran away from me, as usual, and ran up to hide in the woods because she can't squeeze under the shed anymore. I'm doing laundry now, so I can only suppose she'll run out and right up to mom when mom arrives home. And then mom will tell her she's a bad dog and she'll go hide under the bed some more, and mom won't try to work with her, as usual. This pup is impossible to train and impossible to handle.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97583 on: September 30, 2015, 09:16:35 pm »

I sorta-kinda got dumped last week.  Maybe that partially excuses some of my behavior, like me getting drunk and sharing some fucking weird opinions, but I'm still sorry for losing my composure.

It wasn't anything approaching a healthy relationship anyway, and it's good that it's over.  I tried to end it several times over the last three years, but kept getting depressed and going back.  People who know me on Steam, this is the guy I kept going offline to avoid talking to.  Yeah I could have blocked him, but I would have unblocked him.

Basically I ended it, by inviting him to live with me.  So he panicked and a couple weeks later came back with "Sooo I found someone else".  All according to plan.  Really.

I'm honestly mostly relieved over it being over, but I'm still a little depressed that I let it go on for so long.  Basically he expressed some very nasty opinions which, deep down, I have too.  So being with him made me feel less shitty by comparison.  Sometimes I even felt like I could open up, very briefly, except that half the time I ended up grossing *him* out.  Which just made me feel worse than ever, because the truth is that my real self is so much worse than he is.  He's all smoke, I'm all hidden depths of awful.

The obvious solution is to hang out with people I want to be like, instead of doing the exact opposite of that.  So this is really a happy in disguise, because that's my plan now.  Spending time with my brother on Sunday, for example, made me feel a lot less broken.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97584 on: September 30, 2015, 09:53:34 pm »

Spoiler: Standard Me stuff. (click to show/hide)
Related.
Essentially my best friend has said he's done with me, and the weekend away which I'd pre-booked but didn't have the petty cash to go on was going to have to be sold to a different friend.
Except I couldn't sell it, simply changing the name on the flight was ridiculously expensive. So now I'm going on a weekend holiday I can't afford with an ex-friend.
Should be chilly.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97585 on: September 30, 2015, 10:02:32 pm »

Chilly? Nah dude, this is the start of some ridiculous Hollywood-style buddy movie where you learn to overcome your differences and become friends once again amidst a strange series of over-the-top, awkward and hilarious circumstances. Maybe some gratuitous and nonsensical action scenes, too.

Seriously though, that sucks. Especially the 'going on holiday with no money' part... I had to do that just recently, although at least I had family to leech off (as much as I hate having to do that). Good luck. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #97586 on: October 01, 2015, 02:41:28 am »

Yeesh, Iron. That sounds terrible. :( And good luck, Tack. I know the broke-with-rich-friends feeling.

Looked at myself in the mirror, realised I looked like a hard drinker. Twenty minutes of careful facewashing and shaving later, I now look like death. I don't know if that's an improvement.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #97587 on: October 01, 2015, 04:01:42 am »

Add some white makeup powder, wear a black hood and go to work saying it's symbolic. And hope there won't be a workplace accident so you won't be tasteless.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #97588 on: October 01, 2015, 04:05:18 am »

I'm adding that to my list of ideal ways to die.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #97589 on: October 01, 2015, 04:17:28 am »

Add some white makeup powder, wear a black hood and go to work saying it's symbolic. And hope there won't be a workplace accident so you won't be tasteless.

I'm on holiday right now, luckily. Or unluckily, it's probably why I look like this. Not having to study constantly has kind of pulled the rug out from under me in terms of things to do, but I'm not on holiday for long enough to pick up another hobby.

Pages: 1 ... 6504 6505 [6506] 6507 6508 ... 8167