Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6503 6504 [6505] 6506 6507 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453642 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97560 on: September 29, 2015, 01:58:45 am »

I can't tell if a vague email I got recently is a followup to a job listing I responded to or an entirely unrelated scam that just coincidentally seems vaguely similar due to the barnum effect.  Now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Call the place you applied to and ask if they sent it?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #97561 on: September 29, 2015, 07:22:59 am »

---
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 04:49:22 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #97562 on: September 29, 2015, 08:55:59 am »

Things are sad.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 10:09:42 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #97563 on: September 29, 2015, 04:27:48 pm »

been friends with someone for so long that i'm not even sure if I want them or if I want to keep being friends ugh

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #97564 on: September 29, 2015, 05:46:02 pm »

Got a 41 on my first calculus test. Woo.

This is why you should study the weekend before the test rather than play games all weekend like an idiot.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #97565 on: September 29, 2015, 06:05:05 pm »

Code: [Select]
10    confidence--;
20    goto 10
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #97566 on: September 29, 2015, 11:16:04 pm »

Duke stopped development of Chapter Master, because it was kinda wrecking his piece of mind and stopped being fun to work on, and possibly GWS. I is sad. But such is the way of fan projects. I think it just sucks a little bit more because CM was like, pure undiluted fandom of 40k, threaded into a workable, classy form. Maybe someone can pick it up since he released all the source code, but, with it half being IAS now and all that noise hanging over it, it might be too hot to handle.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 11:30:53 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #97567 on: September 29, 2015, 11:27:09 pm »

To be fair, it was a miracle that Chapter Master was worked on to begin with.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97568 on: September 29, 2015, 11:29:59 pm »

To be fair, it was a miracle that Chapter Master was worked on to begin with.

Truly, we were blessed by the Emprah.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97569 on: September 29, 2015, 11:42:59 pm »

Duke stopped development of Chapter Master, because it was kinda wrecking his piece of mind and stopped being fun to work on, and possibly GWS. I is sad. But such is the way of fan projects. I think it just sucks a little bit more because CM was like, pure undiluted fandom of 40k, threaded into a workable, classy form. Maybe someone can pick it up since he released all the source code, but, with it half being IAS now and all that noise hanging over it, it might be too hot to handle.
Nah, before he was earning the $700 a fortnight off patreon, it was kosher.
Then, when he released it with an 'unofficial mod', it was kosher.
Weren't GW that made him stop programming - otherwise he would've said so. Much easier to avoid people getting angry at him.

Standard Me stuff. Had another little hissy fit over all of the flaws I don't have the grit to do anything about.
This specific edition was money management and friends. I.E. the latter kills the former. Yet for some reason I want to continue having friends.
Yet, with the barely-job I have, I don't earn enough money to keep up with all the shit they want to do with me, and then all of that shit gets in the way of the last-minute shifts I DO get given.
Then I either decline the shifts and stop getting offered shifts, or take the shifts and get in shit from my friends, who for some reason get offended when I blow off XYZ birthday to work.

More shit than that. Can't be arsed blah-ing it all over the sad thread.
Suffice it to say, I'm a normal human with normal human problems and some abnormal inability to deal with those problems.
Which sucks.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 05:33:47 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #97570 on: September 30, 2015, 09:11:31 am »

Feeling a more depressed then usual lately, mostly due to me not being able to be bothered do get all my school done everyday, or clean my room, or much of anything productive.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97571 on: September 30, 2015, 10:22:03 am »

Weren't GW that made him stop programming - otherwise he would've said so. Much easier to avoid people getting angry at him.

Did we read the same post? Because he most definitely alluded to "the scare" which he wasn't going to get in to.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97572 on: September 30, 2015, 12:10:35 pm »

I was hoping to get post #100000.

Did we read the same post? Because he most definitely alluded to "the scare" which he wasn't going to get in to.

Yeah, that could very well have meant that GW threatened to set the straighteners on him if he didn't shove off. It could mean a lot of things really, but that one seems fairly likely given its visibility and GW's litigiousness.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97573 on: September 30, 2015, 12:22:26 pm »

He wrote directly that the development had become a bore even before the GW stuff, and it was simply the thing that added up to other reasons not to continue, rather than being the main reason. A straw that broke the camel's back.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #97574 on: September 30, 2015, 01:03:57 pm »

I'm currently sitting in the dark because my prepaid electricity has run out. Joy.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 6503 6504 [6505] 6506 6507 ... 8167