Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6499 6500 [6501] 6502 6503 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451455 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97500 on: September 27, 2015, 01:49:07 am »

Words suck.

I think from now on whenever I make a thread... I'll just lock it immediately.
If you think you need to. Definitely a sad for more than 1 person. When the discussion you seem to actually intend happens it is interesting. Just try not to let your frustration make your responses wounding or pointed.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97501 on: September 27, 2015, 02:00:25 am »

Words suck.

I think from now on whenever I make a thread... I'll just lock it immediately.
If you think you need to. Definitely a sad for more than 1 person. When the discussion you seem to actually intend happens it is interesting. Just try not to let your frustration make your responses wounding or pointed.

I don't intend on it. It is just construed as such. At least in the more recent example.

It would honestly just be skipping everything. I wouldn't have to flounder trying to tell people what I mean and I wouldn't have to deal with people getting frustrated at me for trying.

Locking a topic as soon as I make them is really just saving time.

---

I am not trying to play a victim. I am trying hard not to blame anyone else but myself. It isn't right to victimize people who cannot defend themselves. Yet implicating yourself as the soul source of blame is A-OK.

I feel that is the way to do it honestly.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:03:15 am by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97502 on: September 27, 2015, 02:05:30 am »

If you're going to do that, why not just make a separate blog for all your ideas?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97503 on: September 27, 2015, 02:06:05 am »

I have no idea what happened, but your posting makes me feel that whatever it was, it went to shit.
I give you the bare minimum of condolences what with the lack of context, but condolences nonetheless.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97504 on: September 27, 2015, 02:09:09 am »

If you're going to do that, why not just make a separate blog for all your ideas?

I am not good at spacing out my ideas.

Anyone who would read it would probably barf. Then proceed to not read it :P
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 02:12:05 am by Neonivek »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97505 on: September 27, 2015, 02:34:40 am »

Manual saves are your friend.
Except when they AREN'T.
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97506 on: September 27, 2015, 03:06:14 am »

Manual saves are your friend.
Except when they AREN'T.

Such is life.

When is chocolate not delicious?

When it isn't, duh :P

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97507 on: September 27, 2015, 03:12:50 am »

idk, but the last thread you locked here that I remember was when you asked for pure of heart series then proceeded to mock and complain about everything people mentioned or linked. then locked the thread before even a single page has passed because apparently none of the answers were good enough. y'know, which comes across more than a little passive aggressive.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 03:14:45 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97508 on: September 27, 2015, 03:23:00 am »

idk, but the last thread you locked here that I remember was when you asked for pure of heart series then proceeded to mock and complain about everything people mentioned or linked. then locked the thread before even a single page has passed because apparently none of the answers were good enough. y'know, which comes across more than a little passive aggressive.

I go over it in my mind, but I should have kept it closed or even closed it sooner, possibly as soon as I saw the trend.

Things escalate badly. There was no point in my continuing to keep that thread open.

Locking the topic, at least, wasn't part of the problem.

I actually see no issue with closing a thread because it proves to be unhelpful, as soon as it demonstrates to be exactly that. I should have done so before I even mentioned why I was displeased. I should have went "Well, I can see the general quality of input here and it aggravates me. Lets close it without another word" that way people just assume my question was answered and move on.

That is really all my thoughts I am willing to share on that. Being completely honest.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 03:44:23 am by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97509 on: September 27, 2015, 04:20:07 am »

"Well, I can see the general quality of input here and it aggravates me"

^ this is passive aggressive bullshit basically. Either close it or don't. Don't make a song and dance about it and insult people while you're at it. Right now it's sounding very whiny and self-indulgent, given that people in that thread were actually trying to be helpful and nobody took a snarky tone except yourself, basically from the first post.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 04:23:52 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97510 on: September 27, 2015, 04:23:06 am »

It doesn't matter how it sounds, it is how I honestly feel.

Also I don't get where you are coming from, especially when I made it clear that what I am doing in the scenario I am describing is closing the thread before saying anything BECAUSE I am annoyed.

The quotations is not what I was going to post.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 04:25:51 am by Neonivek »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97511 on: September 27, 2015, 04:27:40 am »

Well the quotation is pretty much what you did do in the thread i referenced. I guess an improvement would have been just closing it without snarking everyone?

I'm kind of wondering here about the original sad complaint. If it's not that thread I mentioned, are there other threads you made where people posted unreasonable material or had a poor attitude?

But anyway, back to the idea. If you don't want responses to a thing, try not posting it in a forum. What's the point? this is a forum not a place for press releases.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 04:35:12 am by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97512 on: September 27, 2015, 04:38:22 am »

I want responses. I want to talk about things, I want to hear people's insight into it.

But it is kind of pointless...

Better to go through the motions, to feel the expectations then close it so I am not let down by my inability to communicate.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97513 on: September 27, 2015, 04:48:44 am »

I've noticed in looking back at your threads that you often start by professing a very strongly biased point of view on something. Rather than "what do you think of X?" you ask something along the lines of "do you agree that X was the absolute worst pile of excrement ever to grace the tube?" Of course, such a statement isn't going to get a good conversation flowing, by it's very design.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97514 on: September 27, 2015, 04:59:14 am »

I've noticed in looking back at your threads that you often start by professing a very strongly biased point of view on something. Rather than "what do you think of X?" you ask something along the lines of "do you agree that X was the absolute worst pile of excrement ever to grace the tube?" Of course, such a statement isn't going to get a good conversation flowing, by it's very design.

Sounds like I should attempt to translate and placate instead of purely express.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 05:01:35 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 6499 6500 [6501] 6502 6503 ... 8167