Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6474 6475 [6476] 6477 6478 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451981 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97125 on: September 15, 2015, 10:39:30 am »

"Let them use the Great Barrier Reef as the literal foundation for their tax-free anarcho-capitalist utopia!"
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97126 on: September 15, 2015, 11:38:33 am »

"Let them!"
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #97127 on: September 15, 2015, 01:13:06 pm »

God damn it why is everything about PBEM complete shit? And why the hell are they still developing games to use this OBVIOUSLY SHIT SYSTEM.

Oh wait, I know the answer to this: because its cheap as shit. Because it IS shit.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97128 on: September 15, 2015, 01:22:32 pm »

Eck, I'm really stressed about crush things but I shouldn't be. I don't really get much chances to talk to her which is pretty stressful and when I get home I then think about sending her a message on facebook but I don't know what to do and I doubt for so long that it's usually past the time where its worth bothering >.>

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97129 on: September 15, 2015, 01:24:27 pm »

Well, its a really simple way to allow people to have multiplayer games with players that have widely different schedules without necessarily having to depend on a dedicated server (altough one can used to smooth things out) and works with any internet connection quality. It shouldn't be the only multiplayer option on modern games, obviously, but it should always be an option since its simple and cheap to implement. Not having PBEM as an option wouldn't make much sense for pretty much any turn based game.

On today's sads: Everytime I got to bed, I end up finding an awesome youtube video I want to watch. Cue me sleeping late and having a bleh workday due to it. I have always been competent with most healthy living habits (proper eating, regular exercise, etc), but I've always failed at sleeping.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97130 on: September 15, 2015, 07:18:45 pm »

My manager put in his notice today, which for most people wouldn't be something to get upset over.  In this case though, I got along really well with him and am concerned over who might eventually replace him.

In addition, he's been in the company for almost 10 years and as a result has become one of the least dispensable people in the company.  He knows a lot of things that few others do, such as contact information for our vendors, who to contact for many things, a lot about how our systems are designed and integrated, obscure information for our very old customers and more.  He's also the part of our team that interfaces with other departments in the company, and I strongly believe that some of those departments have benefited from his input.

In short, he's going to be missed a lot and I'm deeply concerned about how we're going to move forward.  Will I get saddled with some of his old tasks?  Can anyone pick up all of the pieces?  Will this cause others to quit?  Will it cause company wide disruptions?

It really doesn't help that I'm an anxious person by nature.  While there's no reason to believe the company is going to fall apart because he's leaving, I can't help but worry about my own future as a result.

Good thing I work two jobs, so if this one does fall apart I can limp by for a while.

Ugh.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97131 on: September 15, 2015, 07:44:50 pm »

Oh hey we lost a prime minister today for whatever reason.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #97132 on: September 15, 2015, 08:49:10 pm »

I'm talking to someone and I can practically see the ---- floating above their head whenever I say something.

How am I able to produce so much spaghetti from my pocket? It is a miracle.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97133 on: September 15, 2015, 08:55:03 pm »

I'm talking to someone and I can practically see the ---- floating above their head whenever I say something.

Uwaaaa~ I finally have the perfect way to describe how I've been feeling over the past few days. Like I'll be talking to friends or friends of friends and they make that facial expression where you know you said something that they don't find interesting and don't want to talk about :(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97134 on: September 15, 2015, 08:59:57 pm »

On par with Jesus' 'bread from basket' miracle. Are you sure you're not a messiah? Because you are just divine.
Hopefully you read this with humor in your heart and if not highlight it.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #97135 on: September 15, 2015, 09:03:11 pm »

On par with Jesus' 'bread from basket' miracle. Are you sure you're not a messiah? Because you are just divine.
brb going to the hospital, humor imbalance in heart.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #97136 on: September 15, 2015, 09:30:29 pm »

Recommending black bile infusion to the spleen and exsanguination of the heart.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:33:20 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #97137 on: September 15, 2015, 09:35:50 pm »

Recommending black bile infusion to the spleen and exsanguination of the heart.

what you doing

this fool has more than enough black bile as he wasnt able to soak up this advanced yet light humor

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97138 on: September 15, 2015, 10:01:27 pm »

Getting more and more tired of putting up with common inanities... been getting a shorter fuse.

Though I think it is telling when I am starting to just... not put up with it and I just care in general... as opposed to feeling bad about breaking decorum.

I guess it is mostly because people, generally speaking, say things in such a way as to allow themselves to double back. Which is aggravating me more and more every single time because I am really tired of 'subtle rudeness' people often give me, so I give them outright rudeness back. They don't put down your idea they just 'imply your idea is bad' so you can't call it out. People are very, obvious, a lot of the time in how they feel even when they aren't telling you.

Which I wouldn't post it here... but... I think it is a problem.

Yet I think this is a bit more insidious given that frankly... I don't care. Heck a lot of the time I am just saying exactly how I feel without any sort of buttering up of my speech to ensure people don't get aggravated at me.

Usually the fact that I want to at least be liked usually keeps me somewhat in check. Heck I've broken down a few times because I felt like I've just been the outright villain of the forum. Yet unlike all those times, I've stopped caring. I can't stand the stupid game everyone plays. I can't stand the subtle put downs. I don't like anyone who doesn't like me back anymore because they never change and they usually dislike me no matter what I do. I don't like it, but frankly nothing I do matters. It helps that every insult I hear doesn't amount to "Hey, you are acting out of line!" but rather "Hey, Neonivek you are Neonivek! and that is bad!"

I guess it is because I feel like in order to be 'likable' I have to basically be someone else completely, instead of just softening my personality for common consumption.

There are other issues I am having and I am quite aware I easily could be projecting my stress onto the forum... But for now I am just going to assume I transformed into a jerk.

Yet... I can logically surmise that if I don't find a reason to care to play the "game" of social interaction. That it will just get worse.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:03:16 pm by Neonivek »

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #97139 on: September 15, 2015, 10:10:18 pm »

Getting more and more tired of putting up with common inanities... been getting a shorter fuse.

Though I think it is telling when I am starting to just... not put up with it and I just care in general... as opposed to feeling bad about breaking decorum.

I guess it is mostly because people, generally speaking, say things in such a way as to allow themselves to double back. Which is aggravating me more and more every single time because I am really tired of 'subtle rudeness' people often give me, so I give them outright rudeness back. They don't put down your idea they just 'imply your idea is bad' so you can't call it out. People are very, obvious, a lot of the time in how they feel even when they aren't telling you.

Which I wouldn't post it here... but... I think it is a problem.

Yet I think this is a bit more insidious given that frankly... I don't care. Heck a lot of the time I am just saying exactly how I feel without any sort of buttering up of my speech to ensure people don't get aggravated at me.

Usually the fact that I want to at least be liked usually keeps me somewhat in check. Heck I've broken down a few times because I felt like I've just been the outright villain of the forum. Yet unlike all those times, I've stopped caring. I can't stand the stupid game everyone plays. I can't stand the subtle put downs. I don't like anyone who doesn't like me back anymore because they never change and they usually dislike me no matter what I do. I don't like it, but frankly nothing I do matters. It helps that every insult I hear doesn't amount to "Hey, you are acting out of line!" but rather "Hey, Neonivek you are Neonivek! and that is bad!"

I guess it is because I feel like in order to be 'likable' I have to basically be someone else completely, instead of just softening my personality for common consumption.

There are other issues I am having and I am quite aware I easily could be projecting my stress onto the forum... But for now I am just going to assume I transformed into a jerk.

Yet... I can logically surmise that if I don't find a reason to care to play the "game" of social interaction. That it will just get worse.

We do not deliver bluntness so that we can double back. We deliver mellow because we think it'd be a rude thing to say to some guy on the internet. I think you're misinterpreting our actions heavily. I'm fairly certain you're not a jerk, but you can come across as one; something we all do.

And besides, I know for a goddamn fact that I can get pretty irritating. I try to fix it, but it's hard. My mind's on it, though, so it least I'm not a lost cause.

Pages: 1 ... 6474 6475 [6476] 6477 6478 ... 8167