Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6472 6473 [6474] 6475 6476 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452617 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97095 on: September 12, 2015, 10:03:13 am »

I'm feeling the onset of "Why did I even try" syndrome. I'm probably just going to have to finish my associate's degree, put school aside and then get another worthless day-in day-out retail job.
That's what I did. Don't do it. Being the Assistant Manager of fa video game store is cool and all, but I regret not going back for my Bachelor's and being qualified to change the world every day.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #97096 on: September 12, 2015, 10:14:12 am »

I'm feeling the onset of "Why did I even try" syndrome. I'm probably just going to have to finish my associate's degree, put school aside and then get another worthless day-in day-out retail job.
That's what I did. Don't do it. Being the Assistant Manager of fa video game store is cool and all, but I regret not going back for my Bachelor's and being qualified to change the world every day.
Do note that that onset is more based on something incomplete, than a logical and beneficial signal to stop.
"Why did I even try" signifies that you had no idea what you were doing beforehand? It 'seemed good to do'? You maybe lacked info or knowledge to follow through?....or are there other factors?
All the words past 'syndrome' up there don't speak well of this being a 'warning feeling' ._.

Keep at it mate. Don't let regrets grow. They're like weeds--useful in only certain conditions (ie pushing you to NOT let them grow so you can cultivate better plants!)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97097 on: September 12, 2015, 02:00:13 pm »

Ugh... my anxiety doesn't seem to be going away.
Now I'm not sure if it was just anxiety, or if everyone suddenly dislikes me.
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my appearance, as far as I can tell, and I don't think I smell... aaauuugh.
Everything is OK!
Maybe! I'm not where you are. But it might just be anxiety. Got a trusted knows-you're-crazy whom you can tactfully ask?
Those are really useful, I've found.
Thanks, man. I think it was just anxiety.
I've replaced it with new Sads now anyway. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #97098 on: September 12, 2015, 02:14:13 pm »

Ugh...mosquitoes. Went out to do some gardening (hand-tilling a 3'x6' plot to lay in some broccoli and cauliflower for the fall) and 20 minutes later, I am a mass of bite marks and thinking about that dude that died of West Nile virus the other week just down the road...:(

Don't understand why Asian tiger mosquitoes left my ass alone in China, but here at home the same goddamn species thinks I am omnomnomable.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97099 on: September 12, 2015, 02:23:14 pm »

Perhaps Chinese folks are just really tasty?
Booze is Life for Yoink

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #97100 on: September 12, 2015, 02:44:52 pm »

No, they ate my fellow Americans alive. (The mosquitoes, not the Chinese).

I figured its because I acclimated to the local diet from Day 1, while most of the others were still eating KFC and Pizza Hut for a week or more. So they stood out more.

But the last week or two, the mosquitoes have gone from annoying to one step below Biblical plague level.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97101 on: September 12, 2015, 05:02:41 pm »

Crazy. There are a lot of mosquitoes around here lately, too.
I generally am their last choice of who to eat... probably because I'm anaemic. 

Current Sad: my mother. I don't think any more needs to be said, and I can hardly put how awful she is into words anyway.

Edit: Oh gods, now she just booked an Australian domestic flight through the airline's US website, causing her to be charged eighty more Australian dollars than she expected. This was a flight for me (to get from Brisbane back to Melbourne once we return to Australia) so naturally I'm the worst in the world.

And on top of that, the itinerary was emailed to the wrong email address, since she woke me up from a nap to ask me my email and I was half-asleep and mumbled something that was a vague combination of both my main emails. So yeah... it is kind of my fault, which makes it even worse.

I don't know why she has to freak out and verbally abuse me so much, though. Doesn't... really seem to help matters.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 09:41:32 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #97102 on: September 13, 2015, 02:53:04 am »

Crazy. There are a lot of mosquitoes around here lately, too.
I generally am their last choice of who to eat... probably because I'm anaemic. 

Current Sad: my mother. I don't think any more needs to be said, and I can hardly put how awful she is into words anyway.

Edit: Oh gods, now she just booked an Australian domestic flight through the airline's US website, causing her to be charged eighty more Australian dollars than she expected. This was a flight for me (to get from Brisbane back to Melbourne once we return to Australia) so naturally I'm the worst in the world.

And on top of that, the itinerary was emailed to the wrong email address, since she woke me up from a nap to ask me my email and I was half-asleep and mumbled something that was a vague combination of both my main emails. So yeah... it is kind of my fault, which makes it even worse.

I don't know why she has to freak out and verbally abuse me so much, though. Doesn't... really seem to help matters.
Don't feel too down about this. Everyone feels mad sometimes, and a lot of peopletake that rage out on other people, even others they care about deeply.  I used to get angry, and I still sometimes do. Your mum is probably under a lot of stress. That being said, I still don't think it's right to verbally abuse someone over such trivial matters, unless you're not in the greatest monetary situation right now. But the email thing was probably unnecessary.

Sometimes it can be hard to see things from other's perspectives, but I can't seem to help it. It's just kind of an innate thing for me. It makes arguing a lot harder, and also getting angry alot harder as well.

But, (this is my sad) alas, with this also comes the innate ability to only hate myself, as I can see other's reasons for continued existence, but not mine sometimes. And I have considered kicking the bucket early, but then I thought about all the people it would effect, and I decided against it. I also find it hard to define myself as a person, due to my sporadic actions and genderfluid mentality. Sometimes I feel likeI want to be a different me, but it can't happen, so I'm sent into a slump. This lack of self-definition makes it hard for me to find a way to carry on.

Sorry about all the sads at once, just needed to get it out, and this seems like a good place to do it.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #97103 on: September 13, 2015, 02:37:41 pm »

No, they ate my fellow Americans alive. (The mosquitoes, not the Chinese).

Oh good. I'm right in thinking that's just the Japanese, then.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #97104 on: September 13, 2015, 03:53:49 pm »

Have another exam tommorrow, I might fail, I might pass, not too worried about it, not as much as I should be in any case.

Spoiler: Wall of rant (click to show/hide)

Anyways, this feels too long already so I'm gonna just stop here, not sure the rant helped much but eh, there were worse ways of spending time I guess :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #97105 on: September 13, 2015, 05:35:17 pm »

I have the feeling I'm going to be sitting in Toledo all day. Surprise! There is nothing to do except run around in circles saying "Yeah, that's cool" to keep the kids out of the other adult's hair. Then when I finally get a moment away from doing that, I sit around and listen to everybody discuss the same two or three things for a few hours, while I have things to do like mail back textbooks so we can have some more money.

And even after that, there's grocery shopping to do.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #97106 on: September 13, 2015, 07:16:37 pm »

I have the feeling I'm going to be sitting in Toledo all day.

Why? That is not a healthy thing to do.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97107 on: September 14, 2015, 09:42:37 am »

Apparently my country is getting even shittier whilst I'm away. :-\

Edit: I couldn't sleep much last night and this morning I look fucking awful.
Like some sort of ghoul, except not cool or scary, just depressingly ugly. It's a really nice day, too. :(
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 11:24:51 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #97108 on: September 14, 2015, 06:04:02 pm »

Apparently my country is getting even shittier whilst I'm away. :-\
Getting rid of Abbott makes it better. Unless you like Abbott, I guess.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97109 on: September 14, 2015, 06:14:55 pm »

Getting rid of Abbott makes it better. Unless you like Abbott, I guess.
"You're not saying anything Tony"
He is the best public speaker.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 6472 6473 [6474] 6475 6476 ... 8167