Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6471 6472 [6473] 6474 6475 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9453846 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97080 on: September 11, 2015, 05:12:04 pm »

Sounds like some evil plot to resurrect Napoleon as a Belgian.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97081 on: September 11, 2015, 05:19:49 pm »

First TF2 highlander-only LAN tournament.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97082 on: September 11, 2015, 06:47:26 pm »

Ffffffuck off, anxiety!

* Yoink furiously self-medicates!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #97083 on: September 11, 2015, 06:58:20 pm »

I completely missed the first day of DeutschLAN
Don't they normally record those things as well?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97084 on: September 11, 2015, 08:31:24 pm »

Ugh... my anxiety doesn't seem to be going away.
Now I'm not sure if it was just anxiety, or if everyone suddenly dislikes me.
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my appearance, as far as I can tell, and I don't think I smell... aaauuugh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #97085 on: September 11, 2015, 09:43:52 pm »

I give up.
I'm done, I'm done trying to help better my mom, I'm done helping people, I'm done being nice, all I've ever truly wanted was for everyone to understand eachother but I see now that everyone wants to be stuck in their bubble, they don't want help bettering themselves, they don't want to better themselves entirely, they don't give a shit about understanding, they want what's most convienient for them, they don't want a debate, they want an enemy, they don't want shades, they want sides, so I guess I'm the outlier.

Yet that isn't true, is it? I'm just as bad, just with a veneer of disillusionment, I don't want a better sleep schedule, I don't want to end my panic attacks, I don't want to end my self satisfied little depression spirals and I don't want to get thin because I like my self loathing and I like my little autistic like habits because it gives me enemies and enemies are what I can focus all my hatred onto, because once you have no enemies, where does all that fury go?

In a deep dark pit inside my soul, I guess, like some sort of goddamn time bomb to start ticking whenever I want to scream and yell and hate, whenever someone doesn't line up precisly with what I want, I don't want to stop saying sorry as a force of habit, because I like being told I'm a good little boy.

I look into the future and I see horrible, horrible things, I'm a teenager, and all I see for my adult life is more shit, more Donald Trumps, more Tony Abbots, sneaky little cocks that they are, global warming, worldwide economic problems, privacy invasions, pollution, war, endless war, killing, crimes, overpopulation, my parents titter as they read the news of the government passing a new law saying that the high court can't put those little criminals in jail for bribing the boats to turn back to a country that will kill them yet I'm the one who's going to live his adult life existing in that time that everyone says is going to go to shit, and yet as a child I can't do a thing, all I can do is quietly sob, stay locked in my security blanket of a room, playing videogames and going to school, every night, dreading going to sleep, knowing my panic attacks will creep up on me and dreading waking up, so what do I do?
Wait, and be just another little ant in this world I guess, because that's how it works.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97086 on: September 11, 2015, 11:37:51 pm »

Ugh... my anxiety doesn't seem to be going away.
Now I'm not sure if it was just anxiety, or if everyone suddenly dislikes me.
There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my appearance, as far as I can tell, and I don't think I smell... aaauuugh.
Everything is OK!
Maybe! I'm not where you are. But it might just be anxiety. Got a trusted knows-you're-crazy whom you can tactfully ask?
Those are really useful, I've found.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #97087 on: September 11, 2015, 11:51:37 pm »

I give up.
-snop-

*cracks knuckles*

>People don't want to better themselves
You're generalizing everyone else and projecting negatives onto the generalization to feed negativity. People want to better themselves all the time, but the definition of how they "better" themselves varies from person to person. One person may want to learn more, another may want to get out of his depressed rut, another person may just want some friends, another may want to lose 20 pounds so they can look good in a swim suit, another may want to raise themselves higher by exploiting others for their own gain, etc. Yeah, some of the ways of "bettering" themselves may seem negative. The concept that people as a general whole naturally seek to improve themselves is positive, though, isn't it?

>I don't want x, y, and z
If you didn't want them you wouldn't be giving yourself shit for it. Don't think of it as "I haven't done this and this or this, I'm terrible", that's negative, think of it as "I can do this and this and this, I'll make these an objective I can work towards doing", that's positive and motivating.

>I look into the future and see bad shit man
Life is full of bad shit, bad things, bad people. But there's just as much good shit, good things, and good people. And of course, bear in mind that "bad" and "good" are mostly subjective adjectives. Things happen, life goes on. You're predicting the future to be full of negatives. Think of what positives could be in the future. New technology, new medical knowledge and practices, new advancements, new discoveries, new art, new media, new people. Sure, new problems come up. What's the logical reaction to problems? To try to fix them.

I used to be depressed as shit, convinced that life was just going to be unendingly terrible, and now I'm trying to convince someone of the opposite. Go figure. Life is as negative as you're willing to look at it.

Hope this helps. I think I'm rambling, and it's late and I'm tired. Mostly was trying to argue against your points.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97088 on: September 12, 2015, 12:03:01 am »

-snip-
We screwed up, but there is still hope. Pretty soon, sooner then you think, you'll be an adult. It is your duty as a human to do what you can, no matter how much or how little that is. Every person on Earth can change the world for the better.

I am going to tell you the most important secret. Never give up on anyone. Convincing people to change is extremely hard. However, it is possible, and it must be done. As humans, we always find our own little echo chambers, excluding those who disagree and collecting yes-men. This, right here, is humanity's greatest failure.

However, you, individually, can save the world. All you need to do is find the people you truly loathe, the people you cannot stand. Your Westboro Baptists, your Klansmen, your young extremists. Find them, and show them love. Hate does nothing but further separate them from society, as they are marginalized and, out of, possibly, fear. It's easier to ignore them, even easier to hate them, but only love can being them out of the dark.

This is not a great burden on your shoulders. This is the greatest burden humanity has ever faced. We are hurtling towards a turning point in human history, where we will rise, and take our place among the stars, or turn to dust. However, you are not the only one carrying this burden. Look around at your peers. They are the doctors who will cure cancer. They are the scientists who will stop global warming. Among your peers is the Cincinnatus that will lead the world, nay, the human race, to greatness. Perhaps, seventy years from now, you can tell your grandchildren that you saved the world. And it will be true. Dust to dust, kings of kings. Nothing lasts forever, but it'll last long enough.

* Playergamer looks at what he just wrote. "wait. is that churchill, or is it..helifino."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #97089 on: September 12, 2015, 12:08:43 am »

I give up.
-snop-
*cracks knuckles*
-snippity-
Thanks man, my post was mostly a spur of the moment thing, so it was mostly rambling too.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #97090 on: September 12, 2015, 12:59:56 am »

I'm feeling the onset of "Why did I even try" syndrome. I'm probably just going to have to finish my associate's degree, put school aside and then get another worthless day-in day-out retail job.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #97091 on: September 12, 2015, 02:15:37 am »

Don't ask yourself that itisnotlogical. You are making a game. And it's a good one at that. You are not useless, you are impressive, you impress me with you game-making skills. And you are going to keep trying, at everything you do, because the more you try the better you will get.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97092 on: September 12, 2015, 03:03:27 am »

I completely missed the first day of DeutschLAN
Don't they normally record those things as well?
Yes, they're entirely recorded but somehow I can only be arsed to watch it live :p

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #97093 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:01 am »

I'm feeling the onset of "Why did I even try" syndrome. I'm probably just going to have to finish my associate's degree, put school aside and then get another worthless day-in day-out retail job.

Feel that syndrome. Soak it in.

And then disregard it. Note the obstacles you've crossed, the thing's you've learned when making this game. If nothing else, that knowledge will come in handy in today's increasingly digital world.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97094 on: September 12, 2015, 08:31:56 am »

One of my mum's hens died today.

She'd been ill for a while and we've lost two to illness before now, but handling it's stiff little body brings up a certain feeling of melancholy even though I was expecting this.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 6471 6472 [6473] 6474 6475 ... 8167