Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6468 6469 [6470] 6471 6472 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452827 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #97035 on: September 09, 2015, 11:21:29 pm »

I swear, I leave for 12 hours or so, and THIS is what happens....
WHY DID YOU FORSAKE US

WHY
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #97036 on: September 10, 2015, 01:13:43 am »

Well today's reminded me of how the amount of GD regular posters that I have never considered noobs in the past continues to dwindle as the years go by...

Is there a conversion rate for years to forum years or something? Because damn over the last couple years this place has given me a better understanding of what old people feel like more than anything else in my life.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #97037 on: September 10, 2015, 01:25:58 am »

1:10, p'raps?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97038 on: September 10, 2015, 05:57:05 am »

Wait, what happen LSP?
Didn't see a goodbye post or a 'you banned now' post or nothing.

But yeah, speaking of speaking ill, I'm gonna miss Sofia. Lots of history which doesn't match the stuff we see today.
That being said, if she doesn't come back I'd be surprised. Months, years. It doesn't matter, this forum is going nowhere until Toady probably has a pulmonary embolism.

Though Yoink's bitchin' made me think he won't miss me when I'm gone.
I'm like, 90% deadpan bitchslap, but I still thought we were bros.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #97039 on: September 10, 2015, 06:09:52 am »

I like you, Tack, but obviously I take things too personally a bit too often for me to not plot your assassination twice a month.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #97040 on: September 10, 2015, 06:25:14 am »

Trying to shuffle Dota 2 files around so I don't have to download Reborn (#ThirdWorldProblems), but I only have a drive with two and a half gigs free, one with six gigs, and one with sixteen. The one with six has all the Dota 2 files on it, the one with sixteen has some number of the Dota 2 files on it but definitely including Reborn, and the other one might be useful, I don't know.

It's like the bastard child of the Towers of Hanoi, a word problem, and a compuitng theory problem.

Edit: 12.2 gigs free, 12.8 needed. So close.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 06:37:27 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97041 on: September 10, 2015, 08:54:05 am »

How can you say such things, Tack? :(
I don't agree with you all the time but still, you're on my not-shitlist. I'm not sure I'd say we're "bros" since I dislike such crude and vulgar terminology, but we're certainly something... how about blood-brothers, like Leonatos and Lysander? I always thought that sounded cool.
Man, I should track down the full collection of that series.

It's like the bastard child of the Towers of Hanoi...
Oh man, there's a blast from the past. There was a flash game version of that which I used to play a lot of years ago.
It was pretty fun.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #97042 on: September 10, 2015, 12:21:16 pm »

Goddamn unholy mother of Satan what this puppy ejected all over my car, my pants, is entirely your doing! There is no explanation. I must have brain bleach. The smell, the sight, the texture. This is what the cess pits of hell contain.

How the fuck am I supposed to clean up this mess!? What do I do for the smell!?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97043 on: September 10, 2015, 12:31:52 pm »

I for one admit that the whole ~omgah LSP is gone o noes~ stuff is flying right over my head as well :v

I mean, I'm not infinitely active on the lower forums (or the forum in general, nowadays). Maybe there's some secret sublayer or extention of this forum that I don't partake on where people hide all the magical social interaction that would justify feeling sad for someone known mainly for shitposting getting banned :v

Not trying to be harsh or anything, either, its just a bit odd to me.

EDIT: on topic, today's sad, my favorite pen is missing, and I think one of my clients may have accidentaly stolen it >:v
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 12:36:57 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #97044 on: September 10, 2015, 01:01:37 pm »

Wait, what happen LSP?
Didn't see a goodbye post or a 'you banned now' post or nothing.

I couldn't find one either.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #97045 on: September 10, 2015, 01:10:01 pm »

The final straw was apparently something to do with his profile, which is why there wasn't anything big to give away that he was getting banned. Regardless I'm going to go with the Toad on this one, he's repeatedly shown that he doesn't ban people like that without multiple warnings to them beforehand on one thing or another.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #97046 on: September 10, 2015, 01:48:53 pm »

The final straw was apparently something to do with his profile, which is why there wasn't anything big to give away that he was getting banned. Regardless I'm going to go with the Toad on this one, he's repeatedly shown that he doesn't ban people like that without multiple warnings to them beforehand on one thing or another.

LSP has recieved warnings before. IIRC he had a mute at one point too that resulted in him quitting the forums for multiple months.
It's FEF, not FEOF

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97047 on: September 10, 2015, 04:13:53 pm »

I promised myself to take it easy and not get into this crush too much to avoid the situation of last time,but it seems Ive failed at that. Fucking hormones. Not being able to talk to girls during the summer vacation didn't help, either.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97048 on: September 10, 2015, 04:39:35 pm »

I feel you. Romance is the source of a little bit of great happiness and huge amounts of great pain.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #97049 on: September 10, 2015, 04:47:31 pm »

Mwahaha, you should try my path. 'Tis a lonely one (and not self imposed :P) but it is the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference. /reference.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6468 6469 [6470] 6471 6472 ... 8167