Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6461 6462 [6463] 6464 6465 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9449247 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96930 on: September 07, 2015, 03:45:31 pm »

Whaaat, but it's basically just a visual novel ):  Well, in the same way Ace Attorney is.  Graphics-wise.
I hope you can get it working, because I learned an awful lot about real philosophy and philosophers from that game.  Maybe turn down the texture quality?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #96931 on: September 07, 2015, 03:48:57 pm »

Tried that, but it didn't help. For some reason, the game just abruptly dies during level transitions.

To compound the matter, I have cookies enabled but it doesn't save.

Might have something to do with the fact that my machine is coming up on ten years old.

Ahaha, never mind. Figured out that it only didn't save when Flash crashed and used that to my advantage by saving before each chapter. GG.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 05:17:44 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96932 on: September 07, 2015, 04:23:19 pm »

A friend of mine went abroad for a year a couple weeks ago. Now I found out she's been depressive for a long time - which pretty much explains why she's currently going through a complete breakdown. I directed her to the nearest hospital with a mental health wing - I hope she'll be okay.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #96933 on: September 07, 2015, 04:58:08 pm »

I'm all alone at a friend's house, they're asleep and their parent is out for the day. Just a big, empty house. I just feel really lonely, sad that I miss out on almost an entire day with them and I think they might be mad at me for trying to wake them earlier.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96934 on: September 07, 2015, 08:06:15 pm »

I've been suicidal before. I made it through without professional help, but it's something that takes complete trust in somebody, which is hard to come by. I reached out to the only people in my life that I believed would care, and I held on for dear life. I still have bad days though. But I don't look at speeding cars from the sidewalk and wonder about walking in, since I explained my feelings to somebody and got what I needed to feel better.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96935 on: September 07, 2015, 08:13:19 pm »

I was suicidal once but it was an attention-get thing. Took a single attempted hanging before I realized I was an angsty teen with the common sense of a thrown brick, and decided to take stock in a slightly more meaningful way.

I mean, I'll be honest, those years are probably the biggest reason behind my pseudo-not-really-depression thing that I've had on and off since then.
But silver lining, it keeps me interesting, or, more importantly, around.

Hmm... Actually that's kinda vulnerable information.
Don't quote this please, I want an out.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96936 on: September 07, 2015, 10:59:23 pm »

I'm feeling annoyingly anxious and I can't help but feel as though everyone I encounter is in a bad mood and I'm doing everything wrong.

Also, the internet is barely working so I can't really use that to try and calm down. Urgh. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96937 on: September 07, 2015, 11:58:22 pm »

I've gone though periods of suicidal thoughts.

What scares me is that I still don't know if I made an attempt once or it was an accident.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96938 on: September 08, 2015, 12:15:26 am »

You know it recently hit me, just why I've been struggling with my depression so much over things I know I should be trying to work out.

Can any of you imagine, something you thought would always be there? Something that helped you always come to terms with who and what you really are? I'm pretty sure most of you have or have had something like that. Now imagine that gets forcibly cut out of your life. Now imagine that there's definite signs that nothing like that is ever coming back.

And... That's my problem. It's like losing a limb or part of your brain or something. I lost an eye a few years ago and it was no where near as painful as this, and while I THOUGHT things would be leaning towards getting solved that's definitely dried up and not happening by now.

I really don't know what I'm going to do. I'm literally more scared of myself than anything else right now since I know what I've tried to do to myself when I'm grieving.
Wait, what? You lost an EYE?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #96939 on: September 08, 2015, 01:48:32 am »

I've considered suicide before. My thoughts ended up at the question "How do I want to die?" I decided I don't want to see it coming. I want to look back at it at whatever afterlife there may or may not be and think "Seriously? That's what got me?" Alternatively, something so spectacular, it will be written in history books for its sheer audacity. Basically, either something very anticlimactic, or somehing very climactic. Suicide is neither of those things. Neither is old age, for that matter, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

My life goal is to write history through my actions, by the way, because it feels like the best chance at immortality I will ever get.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96940 on: September 08, 2015, 01:51:34 am »

Didn't you notice that all of her avatars have eyepatches? Apart from the current one apparently.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96941 on: September 08, 2015, 01:56:11 am »

Still has an eye closed.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #96942 on: September 08, 2015, 02:09:00 am »

Didn't you notice that all of her avatars have eyepatches? Apart from the current one apparently.

And all her smilies have one eye.

Currently on a dip in my motivation to study. This is awkward, because I don't really get a dip in exam numbers. Oh well.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96943 on: September 08, 2015, 02:10:40 am »

“I am damned if I’m going to die before I have unravelled more of the universe.”

-Stephen Hawking

That has been practically my Mantra for how to survive depressive bouts of self-loathing and inadequacy. There is so much more yet to be discovered, why haste it?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96944 on: September 08, 2015, 02:48:19 am »

YES BUT FROM WHAT
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 6461 6462 [6463] 6464 6465 ... 8167