Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6459 6460 [6461] 6462 6463 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447620 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96900 on: September 05, 2015, 06:49:50 pm »

What if one of the proper AI robots of the future ends up being an actual human skeleton.

Scientists put the computer inside the deceased's cranial cavity, wire "ligaments" (motors) between the bones with wires cleverly shaped as neurons, etc.

It's wishful thinking, but will that be the first 2spoopie4me irl?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #96901 on: September 05, 2015, 07:31:02 pm »

I believe some bastard is intentionally leaving antifreeze out for animals to drink, again. If you are easily offended by animal cruelty, then do not read on.

For those who don't know, antifreeze (ethylene glycol), is incredibly poisonous. It is rather insidious, because it has a sweet taste and odor to it. In nature, almost all poisons taste and smell bad, and it took humans to make a sweet tasting poison.... Humans are bastards. Antifreeze is a terrible way to die, and if treatment is not administered within one hour of ingestion, then the best case scenario is severe renal damage (kidney damage) or slow failure. The symptoms are inhumane including but not limited to extreme pain, drunken behavior, lack of coordination/balance, severe lethargy, collapse, low blood pressure, low body temperature, tremors, attempted (and often dry failed) vomiting, lack of appetite, swollen kidneys, mouth ulceration, abnormal eye nystagmus (weird eye movements), coma, and death.

We've found about 7 stray dogs suffering from this in the last couple weeks. The local vet agreed to try and save 2 of them, but the others were simply too far gone, and euthanized.

Please secure any antifreeze in a safe location, preferably off the floor, and out of reach of animals and children.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #96902 on: September 05, 2015, 07:41:26 pm »

Man, that's just unnecessarily cruel. I mean shit, if someone's going to go out and kill animals because they're a massive ... *checks forum guidelines, decides that particular insult might piss people off because ... something* dick, they should have the capacity to go do it with their own hands. Give them a quick death if nothing else, and be there to fully realize what they're doing.

Of course the optimal thing is not to decide to kill animals in the first place but still.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #96903 on: September 05, 2015, 08:06:28 pm »

Yeah, I'd personally rather be shot quick between the skull and spine, as opposed to dying from antifreeze poisoning. It takes a special kind of jerk to willfully and repeatedly pull that one. Obviously rather not deal with any of that at all, but still. Humans are bastards. Sadly, it's rather difficult to catch the incredibly mean people who do this.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #96904 on: September 05, 2015, 08:08:35 pm »

Bastards are bastards in general, but you are correct in that it takes sapience to pull off something like that and only humans currently have the required capabilities to do it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #96905 on: September 05, 2015, 08:39:52 pm »

Tomorrow I'm supposed to be partying at a friend's place, but the friend's wife was sick, and she was the one who was going to do the cooking...
It was ALL cancelled...
:'(
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #96906 on: September 05, 2015, 09:19:04 pm »

Tomorrow I'm supposed to be partying at a friend's place, but the friend's wife was sick, and she was the one who was going to do the cooking...
It was ALL cancelled...
:'(
That's a shame, weren't there more wives for cooking?
You should get some of those  :P
In a time before time, I had a name.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #96907 on: September 05, 2015, 09:19:57 pm »

That's a shame, weren't there more wives for cooking?
You should get some of those  :P
No. He invited others, but they aren't cooking.
This is terrible already... :'(
Rubidium has RETURNED!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96908 on: September 06, 2015, 08:55:42 am »

I'm probably going to have to get a regular job again, and fast before winter comes and all the openings evaporate. My final check was smaller than expected, and it's still two weeks until I can even begin waiting for my school check. I know almost everybody seeking a creative job has to pay their dues and do something stupid that they hate for a while, but I can still wish that it wasn't so.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96909 on: September 06, 2015, 11:26:13 am »

Ugh, I hate having to be civil to someone I despise to benefit myself in the long run. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #96910 on: September 06, 2015, 11:27:53 am »

I hate being pleasant to people I don't like in general.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #96911 on: September 06, 2015, 11:31:55 am »

Dear god, I wish my father would quit bitching about how I'm not the person he wants me to be instead of appreciating the person I am. I haven't seen people overreact as much as he has, like, ever. He offers me the opportunity to do a little bit of menial paperwork for him in return for less than minimum wage, and I turn it down? His response is to assume I'm the laziest person alive and that I can't be trusted with anything important.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96912 on: September 06, 2015, 12:56:00 pm »

Welp, I am broken down at a stop sign, probably transmission issues after getting stuck in a mud pit. Joy. And people are idiots, don't realize what my hazards entail, pull up behind me and get angry when I don't move.
On the bright side, the police are being helpful and making sure that the tow service gets to me expediently.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #96913 on: September 06, 2015, 08:49:44 pm »

You know it recently hit me, just why I've been struggling with my depression so much over things I know I should be trying to work out.

Can any of you imagine, something you thought would always be there? Something that helped you always come to terms with who and what you really are? I'm pretty sure most of you have or have had something like that. Now imagine that gets forcibly cut out of your life. Now imagine that there's definite signs that nothing like that is ever coming back.

And... That's my problem. It's like losing a limb or part of your brain or something. I lost an eye a few years ago and it was no where near as painful as this, and while I THOUGHT things would be leaning towards getting solved that's definitely dried up and not happening by now.

I really don't know what I'm going to do. I'm literally more scared of myself than anything else right now since I know what I've tried to do to myself when I'm grieving.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96914 on: September 06, 2015, 09:10:19 pm »

Welp, I am broken down at a stop sign, probably transmission issues after getting stuck in a mud pit. Joy. And people are idiots, don't realize what my hazards entail, pull up behind me and get angry when I don't move.
On the bright side, the police are being helpful and making sure that the tow service gets to me expediently.
Eek. That shit's scary.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 6459 6460 [6461] 6462 6463 ... 8167