Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6454 6455 [6456] 6457 6458 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446899 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96825 on: September 02, 2015, 04:22:11 pm »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96826 on: September 02, 2015, 04:35:07 pm »

Hehe, saved!

I think it was just that the topic was very sensitive, and people were getting heated about it.  It was devolving into personal attacks.

Someone seems to've been banned yesterday for 'lack of self-contro,l' so I'm thinking this is it.

You're a month off.

Basically, it was a sensitive topic that people disagree on and that tends to stir up feelings. Now can we let the dead rest?

Not until the discussion has run it's course. And it is abundantly clear that that will never be allowed to happen because some oversensitive idiot always gets butthurt about something and complains to the moderator before we can reach that point.

I really wish just once we could have a thread that would stay open no matter what gets said or whose feelings get hurt. Then maybe we could actually make some progress
This really is the wrong place for that.  Bay12 can handle soft discussions, or extreme liberal discussions, but really isn't a place for actual, productive debate.  For one thing it's a SMF forum.  For another, practically the only moderator is a guy working hard on an absurdly ambitious project.
It's a pretty dumb situation, but it's the real situation.  Better to find somewhere else to discuss sensitive topics.  Even Reddit or 4chan, for all their faults, are better for that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96827 on: September 02, 2015, 04:48:53 pm »

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #96828 on: September 02, 2015, 05:39:34 pm »

Hehe, saved!

I think it was just that the topic was very sensitive, and people were getting heated about it.  It was devolving into personal attacks.

Someone seems to've been banned yesterday for 'lack of self-contro,l' so I'm thinking this is it.

You're a month off.

Basically, it was a sensitive topic that people disagree on and that tends to stir up feelings. Now can we let the dead rest?
Even Reddit or 4chan, for all their faults, are better for that.

People on these sites work backwards to reach their set conclusion about the world. They're like talking to brickfirewalls. Find an actual forum.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96829 on: September 02, 2015, 06:18:23 pm »

Everyone works backwards from their conclusions, unless it's something they have absolutely no idea about. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that mind you, it is everyone's duty to defend ideas rather than just giving up on them. If they're valid ideas they'll hold up whether you personally believe in them or not, and if they're not then they'll be shown not to be.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #96830 on: September 02, 2015, 07:00:03 pm »

Everyone works backwards from their conclusions, unless it's something they have absolutely no idea about. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that mind you, it is everyone's duty to defend ideas rather than just giving up on them. If they're valid ideas they'll hold up whether you personally believe in them or not, and if they're not then they'll be shown not to be.

Of course, but this is to absurd lengths. It's good to provide arguments to back up your ideas, but unreliable (hilariously idiotic) "studies", ad hominems, and playing make-believe will not get you anywhere. Perhaps I should have rephrased my original statement if I knew how quotes work.

And this is the internet, so take the amount of bashes it takes to get into a person's head and multiply that by 20.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96831 on: September 02, 2015, 07:56:27 pm »

aggglbagglh college classes so tired ugh

Being tired makes me think negatively, I think. I feel burned out, physically and emotionally.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96832 on: September 02, 2015, 11:49:50 pm »

I stubbed my thumb moving an ironing board and it is bleeding from under the nail. My life is a joke.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #96833 on: September 03, 2015, 01:20:37 am »

That's happened to me before, can't remember exactly what I did but the end result was blood and pain.

Hopefully it is short lived for you.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96834 on: September 03, 2015, 02:10:18 am »

Stick a pin through the nail and let the blood out?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96835 on: September 03, 2015, 03:38:24 am »

WELCOME TO EUROPE!

That is, if you can swim

warning disturbing image (which has a very good chance of becoming the world press award photo of 2015)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This African refugee crisis is the worst humanitarian crisis in a long time. Maybe this picture will make the more xenophobe nationalists in Europe shut up for a few days.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 05:49:42 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96836 on: September 03, 2015, 06:05:24 am »

Okay, NOW I haz a sad.  :'(

He even looks somewhat like my son did at that age.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96837 on: September 03, 2015, 08:04:11 am »

Maybe this picture will make the more xenophobe nationalists in Europe shut up for a few days.

nah bro

if you want to make me sad how about you bring me some desperate women who strangle their children to death or put their newborns into barrels or just toss them into lakes or shit like that

that could work provided you gave me enough backstory

the fact that he could have made a decent european if he did make it is a bit sad tho, we do need more decent ones

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #96838 on: September 03, 2015, 09:51:34 am »

Orchestra lesson. Maybe if I wasn't so out of breath from crying, I'd attend. Right now, I doubt I could get any noise out of my horn.

E: I also only technically participated in my school's sports day earlier today. My top result at boot throwing was 1,10 meters. More like boot dropping. I'd be penalized for not participating, but it ain't no rule I have to put any effort to it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:14:05 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #96839 on: September 03, 2015, 01:42:29 pm »

ugh, im horribly unsure and worried about something, but there's no way i can really know for sure, and i dont know what to do.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 6454 6455 [6456] 6457 6458 ... 8167