Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6453 6454 [6455] 6456 6457 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446937 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96810 on: September 02, 2015, 11:00:21 am »

I think it was just that the topic was very sensitive, and people were getting heated about it.  It was devolving into personal attacks.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96811 on: September 02, 2015, 12:11:53 pm »

I think it was just that the topic was very sensitive, and people were getting heated about it.  It was devolving into personal attacks.

Someone seems to've been banned yesterday for 'lack of self-control,' so I'm thinking this is it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96812 on: September 02, 2015, 12:13:13 pm »

bruh the banlog's last edit was august 20

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #96813 on: September 02, 2015, 12:13:27 pm »

Someone seems to've been banned yesterday for 'lack of self-contro,l' so I'm thinking this is it.

You're a month off.

Basically, it was a sensitive topic that people disagree on and that tends to stir up feelings. Now can we let the dead rest?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96814 on: September 02, 2015, 12:15:27 pm »

You're a month off.

Clearly I've been internetting too long for today.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96815 on: September 02, 2015, 12:28:59 pm »

Basically, it was a sensitive topic that people disagree on and that tends to stir up feelings. Now can we let the dead rest?
What good is a corpse if you don't exhume it every few months? It's just the way of the world.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #96816 on: September 02, 2015, 12:30:32 pm »

hey this is all alarmist bullshit

it's stuff that certain applications can use to see user metrics and what people are doing when stuff crashes so that people don't have to send crash reports
Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry – This update introduces the Diagnostics and Telemetry tracking service to existing devices. By applying this service, you can add benefits from the latest version of Windows to systems that have not yet upgraded.
I'm suspicious of what these "benefits" are.
Probably increased system stability in the long term, since they'll be able to get more detailed information about crashes and stuff. I honestly doubt Microsoft has any nefarious schemes in the works here, I just don't like (on principle) things that ignore settings that are specifically supposed to control their behavior. So, in this case, it bothers me that it ignores the hosts file; if I put an entry in there to prevent a connection, there's presumably a good reason for it.

What good is a corpse if you don't exhume it every few months? It's just the way of the world.
Fertilizer.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96817 on: September 02, 2015, 01:29:35 pm »

To grow new and better things. That's deep, man.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96818 on: September 02, 2015, 01:31:35 pm »

You're a month off.

Clearly I've been internetting too long for today.
Yeah, no person got banned, which is good. Nobody deserved to get banned.

Anyways...I don't really haz a sad today. I even went out on the news and looked for something to be sad about. I mean, sure, there's still lots of bad shit in the world, but nothing new that really dampens my spirit.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #96819 on: September 02, 2015, 01:54:42 pm »

*shrug* I was not an active participant, so no skin off my nose...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96820 on: September 02, 2015, 01:57:37 pm »

*shrug* I was not an active participant, so no skin off my nose...
Wasn't noses we were talking about... >_>

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96821 on: September 02, 2015, 02:01:22 pm »

...oh god
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #96822 on: September 02, 2015, 02:14:11 pm »

It seems nobody who truly cares about my problems can help me, and nobody who can help me truly cares about my problems. I feel alone.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96823 on: September 02, 2015, 02:58:16 pm »

Well hello there, Mr. Bundy.

It seems nobody who truly cares about my problems can help me, and nobody who can help me truly cares about my problems. I feel alone.
Damn, I know that feeling well.  :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #96824 on: September 02, 2015, 03:56:49 pm »

Someone seems to've been banned yesterday for 'lack of self-contro,l' so I'm thinking this is it.

You're a month off.

Not until the discussion has run it's course. And it is abundantly clear that that will never be allowed to happen because some oversensitive idiot always gets butthurt about something and complains to the moderator before we can reach that point.

I really wish just once we could have a thread that would stay open no matter what gets said or whose feelings get hurt. Then maybe we could actually make some progress
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 6453 6454 [6455] 6456 6457 ... 8167