Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6451 6452 [6453] 6454 6455 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447855 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96780 on: September 01, 2015, 10:29:01 pm »

And your antivirus won't protect you from a lot of malware that isn't a virus, although it may warn you once it gets rooted in. Seriously, dude, don't disable operating system updates, that's how you get your shit fucked up real bad. Disable the particular ones you know to be undesirable from things like this. Your argument is akin to insisting on eating raw chicken because the last time you had it fried you got food poisoning.
He said disable automatic updates. It's more like taking the time to make sure your chicken is thoroughly cooked before shoving it in your mouth.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96781 on: September 01, 2015, 10:31:00 pm »

People being killed. The idea that our civilization won't change technologically. Tainted love.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96782 on: September 01, 2015, 10:37:56 pm »

I... uhh... what?

When did circumcision thread go all racist?
Well, I'll just keep my musing to just this short, because I don't want to bring shit from one thread to the other beyond my WTF.

also sad because i was hoping for an intelligent discussion. sigh
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #96783 on: September 01, 2015, 10:44:01 pm »

People being killed. The idea that our civilization won't change technologically. Tainted love.
Not much worries on the second, at least. We're experiencing pretty incredibly rapid change on the technological level right now, just about across the board. Pick a field of research and we've probably seen a revolution or the next best thing to one in the last 50-100 years, and things are showing all signs of accelerating in most areas. Tech wise the future's lookin' pretty bright...

... as... as for the third, maybe toxic love would make your day brighter? Just about the best part of fern gully, that was.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96784 on: September 01, 2015, 10:45:15 pm »

I've been on a number of forums. All of them have had at least one circumcision thread, and those always devolve into shitstorms. They're usually specifically banned, even on otherwise lenient forums and boards.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96785 on: September 01, 2015, 10:45:49 pm »

Not much worries on the second, at least. We're experiencing pretty incredibly rapid change on the technological level right now, just about across the board. Pick a field of research and we've probably seen a revolution or the next best thing to one in the last 50-100 years, and things are showing all signs of accelerating in most areas. Tech wise the future's lookin' pretty bright...

At least until our new more advanced technologies put an even greater strain on the world's resources and the entire top half of our tech tree crumbles into dust.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96786 on: September 01, 2015, 10:49:57 pm »

At least until our new more advanced technologies put an even greater strain on the world's resources and the entire top half of our tech tree crumbles into dust.
We'll be mining the Moon by then, it'll be fine.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #96787 on: September 01, 2015, 10:51:38 pm »

Ehh... we've got a long way to go for that, for most things, and a lot of the shorter term stuff we're already working on phasing out. It is an extreme long term issue, but another couple of centuries should be mostly in the bag, resource wise (really, about the worst is probably water, of all things, and if we manage some energy breakthroughs desalination should become significantly more viable), and hopefully by then we'll have at least cracked fusion and whatnot and started space (or I guess deep mantle or somethin') mining. Biggest threat to stagnation's largely still the nukes, or yellowstone or somethin' going off.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96788 on: September 01, 2015, 11:06:19 pm »

Bluh. Really tired at the moment, from college classes.

May just be the exhaustion talking, but...I'm starting to get the feeling I'm just wasting my life. I know that, logically, by taking college classes I'm investing in a potential future which I think is anything but a waste of time and that I should feel like I'm getting things done even when all my time is taken by college classes, because in the grand scheme of things I am technically accomplishing something.

But on the other hand I have little time or energy for any hobbies I'm interested in at the moment, and by not making progress at any of those hobbies I wind up feeling like I'm accomplishing nothing with my time and I'm wasting my life and should kill myself.

Not exactly utterly depressed or suicidal like I was half a year ago, but starting to feel demotivated, I guess. Like I said, it could just be the tiredness making my mood generally negative which is making me vent these brooding melancholy thoughts.

Venting over.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #96789 on: September 01, 2015, 11:26:26 pm »

Apparently Microsoft decided to throw the whole 'We log all you keystrokes and searches' shit into 7&8

Now I'm on a little intrusion update genocide.

They did?
How get rid of?
http://imgur.com/gallery/Dy79J

Checking the updates, they keep going on about it being all about telemetry and improving user experience. I think they're throwing some words in to confuse people and others to make them think 'Oh, well it's helping!'

Thanks for this, I don't need that kinda stuff cluttering up my computer.

hey this is all alarmist bullshit

it's stuff that certain applications can use to see user metrics and what people are doing when stuff crashes so that people don't have to send crash reports

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96790 on: September 01, 2015, 11:42:31 pm »

I guess that's cool if you trust Microsoft.  They're definitely getting the data, right?  And we don't get to see how they process it?  Even if Microsoft has no plans to use this data to determine sensitive user information, we're also trusting them to keep it secure.

There's a reason legitimate programs *ask* before collecting user metrics.  It's *at least* something the user should be aware of, and really should be opt-in only.  Doing it secretly like this is legit suspicious.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #96791 on: September 01, 2015, 11:56:09 pm »

I... uhh... what?

When did circumcision thread go all racist?
Well, I'll just keep my musing to just this short, because I don't want to bring shit from one thread to the other beyond my WTF.

also sad because i was hoping for an intelligent discussion. sigh

I'm not racist! It wouldn't matter if a person was whiter than a dozen Jefferson Davises, they'd still be ignorant and superstitious to believe what they believe.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96792 on: September 02, 2015, 12:24:58 am »

Guys, stop. We're running short on emotion threads as it is.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96793 on: September 02, 2015, 12:31:33 am »

Bluh. Really tired at the moment, from college classes.
Don't worry dude, you'll have plenty of time for hobbies later. Just be proud of yourself for sticking with your studies!
Even if I have no idea what you're studying, it's still good to be applying yourself to something.

Re: Other thread: Huh, that thread got completely deleted?
Always weird when that happens. At least for once I actually got to see what happened, but still, people currently sleeping/offline will have missed out.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #96794 on: September 02, 2015, 12:38:51 am »

Guys, stop. We're running short on emotion threads as it is.

That's sad as well! I wish there was some equally lively forum I could go to instead where we could actually discuss things freely!
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 6451 6452 [6453] 6454 6455 ... 8167