Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6450 6451 [6452] 6453 6454 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447928 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96765 on: September 01, 2015, 03:24:22 pm »

I'm having a ton of anxiety today about like absolutely nothing. My leg keeps twitching and my chest feels a bit tight and I don't know why because there is literally nothing that I should be worried about right now. Few more hours of class and then I'm going to curl up in a ball on my bed. Till then, caffinee.
That's... actually kinda worth keeping tabs on. Considering the caffeine remark, might be low magnesium.

Oh, not like muscle twitching but like restlessness and tapping my foot non-stop for extended periods of time. Sorry to cause undue worry!
...that's called Restless Leg Syndrome and is even more worrying with the chest tightness, actually o.o
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96766 on: September 01, 2015, 03:25:13 pm »

I'm having a ton of anxiety today about like absolutely nothing. My leg keeps twitching and my chest feels a bit tight and I don't know why because there is literally nothing that I should be worried about right now. Few more hours of class and then I'm going to curl up in a ball on my bed. Till then, caffinee.
That's... actually kinda worth keeping tabs on. Considering the caffeine remark, might be low magnesium.

Oh, not like muscle twitching but like restlessness and tapping my foot non-stop for extended periods of time. Sorry to cause undue worry!
...that's called Restless Leg Syndrome and is even more worrying with the chest tightness, actually o.o
I think that it's voluntary.  But eh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #96767 on: September 01, 2015, 03:27:33 pm »

I think that it's voluntary.  But eh.
RLS is voluntary. What it does is make you feel like moving your legs, not actually moving them as in twitching where you can't control if it  happens.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96768 on: September 01, 2015, 05:01:05 pm »

Apparently Microsoft decided to throw the whole 'We log all you keystrokes and searches' shit into 7&8
Ewwww
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96769 on: September 01, 2015, 05:08:06 pm »

Apparently Microsoft decided to throw the whole 'We log all you keystrokes and searches' shit into 7&8

Now I'm on a little intrusion update genocide.

They did?
How get rid of?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #96770 on: September 01, 2015, 05:10:46 pm »

Don't type anything.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96771 on: September 01, 2015, 05:41:04 pm »

I want some silence and peace and quiet more than anything else. Im sick of the dumb inane shit people say to fill the silence. I just want it to be quiet for a bit. I ain't getting any quiet time today though.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #96772 on: September 01, 2015, 05:54:07 pm »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96773 on: September 01, 2015, 06:01:43 pm »

Now I'm on a little intrusion update genocide.

They did?
How get rid of?
http://imgur.com/gallery/Dy79J

Checking the updates, they keep going on about it being all about telemetry and improving user experience. I think they're throwing some words in to confuse people and others to make them think 'Oh, well it's helping!'

Thanks for this, I don't need that kinda stuff cluttering up my computer.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #96774 on: September 01, 2015, 06:24:27 pm »

This is why you should always turn off automatic updating. Leaving it on is a security risk.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96775 on: September 01, 2015, 06:31:52 pm »

The inverse is also correct.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #96776 on: September 01, 2015, 06:34:18 pm »

Perhaps, but my antivirus programs won't detect windows components.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96777 on: September 01, 2015, 06:40:33 pm »

Perhaps, but my antivirus programs won't detect windows components.
Hoo boy.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #96778 on: September 01, 2015, 07:00:45 pm »

And your antivirus won't protect you from a lot of malware that isn't a virus, although it may warn you once it gets rooted in. Seriously, dude, don't disable operating system updates, that's how you get your shit fucked up real bad. Disable the particular ones you know to be undesirable from things like this. Your argument is akin to insisting on eating raw chicken because the last time you had it fried you got food poisoning.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #96779 on: September 01, 2015, 10:05:44 pm »

I need to do something about work, but I'm really at a loss as to what...

It's been about 4 months since my promotion, and I don't think I can keep it up.  I probably feel way more pressure than I really should, but I don't think I can help it.  I guess I underestimated just how much this position would conflict with who I am.  But every time something goes wrong and demands are passed down to fix it, I just feel ill.  I just glanced at e-mail after being out sick for two days, and immediately broke out in a sweat.  I've never had that reaction to anything before.

Maybe it's not the position itself that's getting to me, but the constant contradictions I have to deal with.  I'm told to delegate and utilize my people more, so that I can be free to take on higher level tasks, but I'm still working with 4 out 5 people being new employees.  So naturally, there have been some mistakes, and the result of those mistakes is it's been mandated that I audit the majority of the work that the team does, which is even more time-consuming than doing it myself.  I feel like Atlas right now.

And I know that situation is going to get better with time, but there's still a very long way to go... and in the meantime, this is tearing me apart.  It's also pissing me off that I'm being told constantly to "hold people accountable" without being given any direction as to what that actually means.  If it means tearing into people and making them feel awful, I simply can't do that.  I don't have it in me.  If it means handing out warnings like candy, I refuse to do that.  And I don't know why I'm being told to do this so often, when things really aren't even that bad.  Operationally, there is less frequency of crisis than there has been in a long time.

But the worst issue is there's no good way out.  If I step down, I'm stuck in a horrible social situation in the office, having failed at an attempt at being my team's boss.  If I quit and find work elsewhere, it will forever appear on my employment record that I got a promotion and immediately bailed - obvious failure and red flag.  Plus, we really need the money and I'll be taking a major pay deduction no matter what I do.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:30:32 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 6450 6451 [6452] 6453 6454 ... 8167