Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6449 6450 [6451] 6452 6453 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448755 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96750 on: August 31, 2015, 02:33:35 pm »

So, due to this retarded policy of changing passwords every 25 days, I finally made a typo and now I can't get into my corporate e-mail account. And a whole lot of other programs, too  >:( >:( >:(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #96751 on: August 31, 2015, 03:00:34 pm »

Can't you contact your sysadmin or something? It's no shame to ask for computer help from the person whose job literally is to make sure the corporation's computers work, including yours.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #96752 on: August 31, 2015, 03:26:14 pm »

Yeah, I will, first time tomorrow. Still, an annoyance.

I doubt I'll get any important mail.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96753 on: August 31, 2015, 04:37:25 pm »

So, due to this retarded policy of changing passwords every 25 days, I finally made a typo and now I can't get into my corporate e-mail account. And a whole lot of other programs, too  >:( >:( >:(
Not necessarily retarded, but the bit where you can make two successive typos is kind of a bit...Interesting...Unless they don't verify it?  Which is kind of weird considering that this is an apparently-paranoid corporation we're talking about and they would want to...Oh, I see, they want to lock EVERYONE out of the data!  It's actually secure then!
;P
GL fixing that though.

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #96754 on: August 31, 2015, 08:14:08 pm »

Not necessarily retarded, but the bit where you can make two successive typos is kind of a bit...Interesting...Unless they don't verify it?  Which is kind of weird considering that this is an apparently-paranoid corporation we're talking about and they would want to...Oh, I see, they want to lock EVERYONE out of the data!  It's actually secure then!
;P
GL fixing that though.
AviD's Rule of Usability: Security at the expense of usability comes at the expense of security.

Related tangent:
Stupid password policies make people have to reset their passwords all the time. Whoops, somebody gains access to your e-mail and commits identity fraud to gain access to your account. You get stupid requirements for upper and lower case as well as symbols, and then the only way you'll remember is by writing your password down. Whoops, password stolen/misplaced. Hey, let's add a mobile phone number for recovery! Whoops, phone stolen. It's a very sad trend I've noticed amongst a number of websites. It just adds more and more ways to get your account broken into.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:24:52 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96755 on: August 31, 2015, 09:06:24 pm »

Well, my roommate got asked to move out by the owner of the house I'm in, we know the people and rent rooms individually from them. His actions didn't make any sense to me, but thought about it and did some research, and all the traits match, he's a classic narcissist. This happened yesterday, and I needed to write this down somewhere, it was interesting, to me to do the research and notice how many of the classic traits match this guy to a tee, and explain some of his otherwise inexplicable behaviour that actually harms himself in the long run. Narcissists have a need for praise and avoiding criticism (no matter how tiny), which causes them to do things that actually fuck themselves over - like going into full denial-mode over very small criticisms like having left a pot uncleaned on the sink. They lack the clarity to see how their actions truly affect what people think of them. Nobody likes criticism, but normal people can flow with it and move the discussion on, whereas narcissists get stuck on denying the original criticism completely, and will almost never apologize, and if they do they will always cite circumstances out of their control rather than saying "I slipped up".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 09:25:29 pm by Reelya »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96756 on: August 31, 2015, 10:27:40 pm »

Just got word that my favorite uncle (great-uncle, technically) had a stroke this morning. :(

He's one of only two surviving siblings of my grandfather. There were 12 of them originally, and I knew 8 of them since I was a small child. It's been rough watching the "clan elders" -- as it were -- steadily disappearing. I come from a huge extended family that was very close at one time because of the large pack of siblings. Now their descendants -- myself and all the scores of cousins -- rarely stay in touch and never have the regular family get-togethers that we had when I was growing up.  :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #96757 on: August 31, 2015, 10:29:23 pm »

Just got word that my favorite uncle (great-uncle, technically) had a stroke this morning. :(
Did he survive it?
Rubidium has RETURNED!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96758 on: August 31, 2015, 10:32:26 pm »

Did he survive it?
Yeah. Slurred speech and some difficulty moving one side of his body -- classic post-stroke symptoms.
I'll have to figure out a time to go see him tomorrow, and now I'm feeling really, really shitty that I haven't made more of an effort to see him in the past two years.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #96759 on: September 01, 2015, 01:27:18 am »

I feel for you, caz. Don't give up hope yet though, sometimes cat can disappear for a long time. When I was a child, our cat disappeared over the summer and I was heartbroken (I remember bicycling around the countryside, calling out her name and trying to hide that I was crying), but after two months or something she returned by herself. She just sat in the kitchen window one day.

Is it an actual stray cat, or was that just because of the reference?

I hope so. I lost another cat last year, who got torn apart by a dog somewhere nearby. I just hope it's not the same thing. She usually never strays far from the house. And yeah it's my cat for 15 years, just the DF thing.

Been missing since last Wednesday. If she doesn't come back my world will be sadder and smaller. I hope she is ok. :l

I do to, for your sake. Losing longtime friends is always tough.
Love, scriver~

xxseuzxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96760 on: September 01, 2015, 05:46:48 am »

The mother of my cats spent 8 months missing and simply returned one day,in a rough shape but returned.
Dunno what the fuck happened.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96761 on: September 01, 2015, 10:42:05 am »

I'm having a ton of anxiety today about like absolutely nothing. My leg keeps twitching and my chest feels a bit tight and I don't know why because there is literally nothing that I should be worried about right now. Few more hours of class and then I'm going to curl up in a ball on my bed. Till then, caffinee.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #96762 on: September 01, 2015, 10:58:17 am »

I'm having a ton of anxiety today about like absolutely nothing. My leg keeps twitching and my chest feels a bit tight and I don't know why because there is literally nothing that I should be worried about right now. Few more hours of class and then I'm going to curl up in a ball on my bed. Till then, caffinee.
That's... actually kinda worth keeping tabs on. Considering the caffeine remark, might be low magnesium.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #96763 on: September 01, 2015, 11:44:20 am »

-.- I caved in and bought a laptop today.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96764 on: September 01, 2015, 03:05:19 pm »

That's... actually kinda worth keeping tabs on. Considering the caffeine remark, might be low magnesium.

Oh, not like muscle twitching but like restlessness and tapping my foot non-stop for extended periods of time. Sorry to cause undue worry!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 6449 6450 [6451] 6452 6453 ... 8167