Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6448 6449 [6450] 6451 6452 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448738 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96735 on: August 31, 2015, 10:49:18 am »

There's a cute girl that sits next to me in my programming class and I have no idea what to do or say I mean I think she's cute and I think maybe she's interested in me I guess I don't know maybe I'm reading into things too much.

Waaaargh social awkwardness ho. It's easier to just not talk to people. :|
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #96736 on: August 31, 2015, 11:00:51 am »

I find it's best to knock them out, then bring them to a nice, relaxing place of your choice. That way you're comfortable, and it should be easier to talk.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96737 on: August 31, 2015, 11:13:13 am »

There's a cute girl that sits next to me in my programming class and I have no idea what to do or say I mean I think she's cute and I think maybe she's interested in me I guess I don't know maybe I'm reading into things too much.

Make eye contact during a particularly boring lesson, throw up a gangsign, then rush to the front of the room and headbutt the teacher into submission.
She'll be like putty in your hands. Except not putty, because putty holds very little romantic attraction for a human. Unless you have a thing for putty.

My (most recent) Sad: Just read through RtSWYGGYDPPHO (spl?). I'm actually really sad that I let it die... it was probably going to be my magnum opus.
Perhaps I should start it up again, I think most of the players are still hanging about somewhere.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #96738 on: August 31, 2015, 11:27:33 am »

Yeah, I hear you. Education is bafflingly high up on everybody's shit list in government for some reason. I think it's part of the just-world idea - they figure the really deserving students will study extra hard and be just as smart and the market will reward them, and everybody else doesn't deserve financial aid. Likewise, the really deserving workers will sign up for unpaid overtime, live with their extended in an illegally-overcrowded apartment, and...

I think it's more that most career politicians have a vested interest in the electorate being ignorant
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

jax3639

• Bay Watcher
  • [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_BARE_HANDS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96739 on: August 31, 2015, 11:37:36 am »

I was listening/reading Psy's song Father https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoNEXgjFs-A

I was in tears halfway through it and for several minutes afterwards
The bag weighs twice my dwarf right now, containing nothin but guts, vomit, and a dead kobold.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96740 on: August 31, 2015, 11:48:31 am »

I fucked up.

I may not be able to really log in much. To anyone on my steam friends list, formerly at least, I apologize so much. I am sorry. My dad basically forced me to go through and delete everyone.

The fuckup that led to this wasn't even that fucking bad. It's just that he decided now would be a good time to enforce this.

Just. Blegh. If I get the chance, I'll be replying but if not, please don't worry. I'll be fine, most likely. Just... Fuck.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96741 on: August 31, 2015, 11:50:29 am »

I fucked up.

I may not be able to really log in much. To anyone on my steam friends list, formerly at least, I apologize so much. I am sorry. My dad basically forced me to go through and delete everyone.

The fuckup that led to this wasn't even that fucking bad. It's just that he decided now would be a good time to enforce this.

Just. Blegh. If I get the chance, I'll be replying but if not, please don't worry. I'll be fine, most likely. Just... Fuck.
Whatever's going on, try not to die. That's bad for your health.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96742 on: August 31, 2015, 11:54:06 am »

Can confirm, dying is rather unpleasant.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96743 on: August 31, 2015, 12:22:01 pm »

I don't know. I just feel like I'm being isolated due to this.

I literally have no way to safely contact people without going onto a forum. Even then, it'll be fucking difficult because my dad doesn't want me to go onto any forums now because the whole ya know. People on the internet aren't always what they say they are, so neve rtalk to anyone unless you know them spiel.

I just want people to be social with, and yet I feel like my dad doesn't want me to be. He doesn't want me in public school becuase 'things aren't what they were like when I was a teenager' and 'the world's gone to hell in a handbasket' so therefore homeschooling is 'what's best for you.'

I don't know. I just hope he doesn't learn I have skype. At least I have a few people on there I can talk to still :/

I realize that breaking more rules will just get me into worse trouble, but what have i got to fucking lose. I'm either going to have little to no friends for two years or I'm going to have to hide all my internet and computer activity for two years.

* Iceblaster sighs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96744 on: August 31, 2015, 12:44:29 pm »

-snip-
...I kind of want to dump a nice big bucket of realism on your dad's head.  Starting with "Forum anonymity applies to you too, not just everybody else."
I mean seriously if you don't tell them they don't get to know, and you can DO that.
I just can't believe this philosophy..."I can't recreate my exact experiences so you don't get to have any at all". 
It's stupid.
Even if there's some sort of imminent danger, like...Seriously, the only reason I'd think this was half justified in any way was if you had to keep barred windows.
Good luck out there. 
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96745 on: August 31, 2015, 12:48:13 pm »

I feel for you, caz. Don't give up hope yet though, sometimes cat can disappear for a long time. When I was a child, our cat disappeared over the summer and I was heartbroken (I remember bicycling around the countryside, calling out her name and trying to hide that I was crying), but after two months or something she returned by herself. She just sat in the kitchen window one day.

Is it an actual stray cat, or was that just because of the reference?

I hope so. I lost another cat last year, who got torn apart by a dog somewhere nearby. I just hope it's not the same thing. She usually never strays far from the house. And yeah it's my cat for 15 years, just the DF thing.

Been missing since last Wednesday. If she doesn't come back my world will be sadder and smaller. I hope she is ok. :l

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #96746 on: August 31, 2015, 01:25:22 pm »

See if you can get her to work on homework/projects with you. That way you can get to know her without it being solely a social thing. And once you know her better it'll be easier to actually talk to her and maybe lead to something more.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96747 on: August 31, 2015, 01:56:25 pm »

Operation goddamn Fortitude.

Is Australia becoming a Stasi-like nation where people are stopped on the streets for their visas based on officer's bias?

"Hallo, ve vant to see ein Visa please, brown person!"

Thankfully, massive public outrage forced the Border Force to back down and not go ahead with the interrogation of people on the street about their visa status - you're not even required to carry it on your person anyway!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96748 on: August 31, 2015, 02:04:03 pm »

Operation goddamn Fortitude.

Is Australia becoming a Stasi-like nation where people are stopped on the streets for their visas based on officer's bias?

"Hallo, ve vant to see ein Visa please, brown person!"

Thankfully, massive public outrage forced the Border Force to back down and not go ahead with the interrogation of people on the street about their visa status - you're not even required to carry it on your person anyway!
...What the flying skeletal carp...Good job, public!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #96749 on: August 31, 2015, 02:15:33 pm »

I don't know. I just feel like I'm being isolated due to this.

I literally have no way to safely contact people without going onto a forum. Even then, it'll be fucking difficult because my dad doesn't want me to go onto any forums now because the whole ya know. People on the internet aren't always what they say they are, so neve rtalk to anyone unless you know them spiel.

I just want people to be social with, and yet I feel like my dad doesn't want me to be. He doesn't want me in public school becuase 'things aren't what they were like when I was a teenager' and 'the world's gone to hell in a handbasket' so therefore homeschooling is 'what's best for you.'

I don't know. I just hope he doesn't learn I have skype. At least I have a few people on there I can talk to still :/

I realize that breaking more rules will just get me into worse trouble, but what have i got to fucking lose. I'm either going to have little to no friends for two years or I'm going to have to hide all my internet and computer activity for two years.

* Iceblaster sighs.

Is he by any chance one of those religious whackos?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 6448 6449 [6450] 6451 6452 ... 8167