Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6441 6442 [6443] 6444 6445 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443550 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96630 on: August 26, 2015, 08:53:12 pm »

As someone who knows a number of rich people, most of them are of the persuasion that they got to their position by hard work, and anyone not in a similar position clearly hasn't been working hard enough. Which makes them very unhappy about any kind of tax system short of feudalism.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #96631 on: August 26, 2015, 09:13:12 pm »

Words cannot describe how much I hate the business world.  I would seriously rather live as a hunter-gatherer in an uncivilized world than live day in and day out feeling such immense pressure to fight like rabid vermin over stupid petty numbers (solely for the benefit of people who don't know or care about us), knowing that the homelessness that may follow refusal to keep up the act is even harsher in our modern everything-is-owned-and-nothing-is-shared landscape than life as a hunter-gatherer ever was.  I'm overwhelmed with so much anger and hatred right now over all the bullshit.  Just because some trucking station failed to follow directions for a couple days in a row, and cost us $50 because of it.  And tomorrow is going to be a ridiculous shitload of stupid drama as a result.  Why haven't we burned it all fucking down yet?

Sure, burn it all down. What follows suit is usually portrayed romantically, but come on now. How ideal would the life of a hunter-gatherer be? And if you don't like that lifestyle, I urge you to unveil and execute perfect communism.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 09:17:02 pm by Laptisen »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96632 on: August 26, 2015, 09:38:00 pm »

Words cannot describe how much I hate the business world.  I would seriously rather live as a hunter-gatherer in an uncivilized world than live day in and day out feeling such immense pressure to fight like rabid vermin over stupid petty numbers (solely for the benefit of people who don't know or care about us), knowing that the homelessness that may follow refusal to keep up the act is even harsher in our modern everything-is-owned-and-nothing-is-shared landscape than life as a hunter-gatherer ever was.  I'm overwhelmed with so much anger and hatred right now over all the bullshit.  Just because some trucking station failed to follow directions for a couple days in a row, and cost us $50 because of it.  And tomorrow is going to be a ridiculous shitload of stupid drama as a result.  Why haven't we burned it all fucking down yet?

Sure, burn it all down. What follows suit is usually portrayed romantically, but come on now. How ideal would the life of a hunter-gatherer be? And if you don't like that lifestyle, I urge you to unveil and execute perfect communism.
I don't think perfect communism will ever happen.  However, I think that some sort of system where there's a base amount of resource allocation that you can claim as needed, and trade with or give to others.  Businesses would be run and staffed by, you know, people who choose to run/work for businesses, who would, at most, get free products from that business as compensation....Hmh.  Must flesh out system more...
I think it miiiiight work.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96633 on: August 26, 2015, 09:39:15 pm »

To make it more current instead of crap dante the last one should be Hatredguy/notimportant

That guy is the 12 on the edgeometer
Nah, he'd be a thirteen. So edgy he even breaks the rules of the graph.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #96634 on: August 26, 2015, 09:39:59 pm »

I don't think perfect communism will ever happen.  However, I think that some sort of system where there's a base amount of resource allocation that you can claim as needed, and trade with or give to others.  Businesses would be run and staffed by, you know, people who choose to run/work for businesses, who would, at most, get free products from that business as compensation....Hmh.  Must flesh out system more...
Claiming as needed is something that we all know will be abused.
Economic growth will never happen as nothing is ever funded, but rather that things form from thin air.

I know very little about macroeconomics, mind you. Take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96635 on: August 26, 2015, 10:02:38 pm »

Claiming as needed is something that we all know will be abused.
Economic growth will never happen as nothing is ever funded, but rather that things form from thin air.

I know very little about macroeconomics, mind you. Take my thoughts with a grain of salt.
I know very little about economics in general.  So if anything, there needs to be more salt on my stuff than yours.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96636 on: August 26, 2015, 10:06:01 pm »

I hate my brain sometimes. Ugh.

@Laptisen: the "hunter-gatherer" life would certainly be more ideal than things are now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96637 on: August 26, 2015, 10:06:40 pm »

I hate my brain sometimes. Ugh.

@Laptisen: the "hunter-gatherer" life would certainly be more ideal than things are now.
Really?  The world can't SUPPORT that.
Sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96638 on: August 26, 2015, 10:16:25 pm »

It could with a fraction of the current human population. Obviously you have to kill most of 'em off first.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96639 on: August 26, 2015, 10:21:41 pm »

Meh, I like the luxuries of modern civilization. Medical care, the interwebs and books, mostly. And not having to be exposed to the nature as much.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96640 on: August 26, 2015, 10:23:38 pm »

That's alright, the end will be quick and painless. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #96641 on: August 26, 2015, 10:40:20 pm »

Meh, I like the luxuries of modern civilization. Medical care, the interwebs and books, mostly. And not having to be exposed to the nature as much.

These would win me over if I actually got to spend more than 10% of my life enjoying them, and the other 90% wasn't crushing stress, depression, pressure, and anxiety.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96642 on: August 26, 2015, 10:47:12 pm »

As usual when I hit a roadblock, I'm doubting my ability to deliver a game that people will actually want to play all by my lonesome. I mean, just because I'm impressed with my own abilities doesn't mean other people will be, right? But then, games that don't look as good as mine does now have done well for their creators in the past. But then I don't even know if my game's going to be fun yet, because there's very little "game" to speak of at this point; just a whole bunch of ideas, some scene files and a player character that can pick items up. I wonder if quitting my day job so hastily was a mistake.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96643 on: August 26, 2015, 10:56:06 pm »

Tired from college. Don't want to go to sleep.

My body says "go to sleep you idiot" but my mind says "look at internets you idiot".
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96644 on: August 26, 2015, 11:01:12 pm »

But Dante so edge
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 6441 6442 [6443] 6444 6445 ... 8167