Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6436 6437 [6438] 6439 6440 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447899 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96555 on: August 23, 2015, 04:19:39 am »

It is now 4 in the morning. Stayed up late again. Probably won't get a haircut tomorrow today. College starts day after tomorrow today.

Why I do dis. Bad me, bad brain.
I have the same problem - I'm actually perpetuating it right now, albeit for a cause that I'm emotionally compromised towards but still.

If I had any advice it'd be just go to bed at an early point and stay there. Even if it leads to you tossing and turning for a few hours, the lack of screen light lets your eyes rest better and you'd feel more rested on average than you would when the screen stimulation wears off.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #96556 on: August 23, 2015, 04:29:06 am »

Hope you get better soon Gunner, best of luck with it all :)

As for my sads, last night I had the choice between covering myself and being stupidly hot and unable to sleep or not covering myself and being pestered by mosquitoes and unable to sleep.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #96557 on: August 23, 2015, 05:04:17 am »

I'm okay guys. I'm sorry.

I just need to finish sorting this stuff out without constantly opening old wounds up.
'Scool. You're generally awesome, and being badly hurt doesn't exactly change that, it just means that your general greatness isn't because you are emotionally invulnerable. What I'm trying to say is, I don't think you need to apologize really?

Also, the ceiling probably had it coming, let's be honest. Thinks it's so high and mighty just because it's above us all the time.
Hope you well G-C c: (Though Mr. Boggle, the apology isn't necessarily 'sorry for D:' but more as a sign of strength).

Reminds me of something I've read:
Strength doesn't come from what you can do.
It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn't.

Sads: Depression punched me back because of very-close-to-home issues.
._.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #96558 on: August 23, 2015, 05:37:24 am »

Just now saw the sky start to turn blue. I've been up  all  night  long  due to a head-splitting headache, only now beginning to dull down. Aspirin didn't help at all and now I have to stay up so I don't slip into a nocturnal sleep schedule.  :-\

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96559 on: August 23, 2015, 06:09:32 am »

Just now saw the sky start to turn blue. I've been up  all  night  long  due to a head-splitting headache, only now beginning to dull down. Aspirin didn't help at all and now I have to stay up so I don't slip into a nocturnal sleep schedule.  :-\
I like your PT.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #96560 on: August 23, 2015, 09:08:25 am »

Best of luck to you in facing your ordeals, for both Gunner-Chan and Owlga.
Also, the ceiling probably had it coming, let's be honest. Thinks it's so high and mighty just because it's above us all the time.

*muffled, somber ayooooo in the distance*

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96561 on: August 23, 2015, 09:50:40 am »

._.
I hate those situations where 'Grit teeth & Punch Harder' stops working.
Either way, here if you need me.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #96562 on: August 23, 2015, 12:54:15 pm »

._.
I hate those situations where 'Grit teeth & Punch Harder' stops working.

Yeah. I often find that punching harder or in a different direction helps, but... yeah.

Miss two days of my normal workout, and my arms feel like rubber again. I guess it's a good thing because it means it still works, but it's still not nice to feel like I'm losing ground.

Also I can't find one of my favourite band's most recent albums to check if I want to buy it or not, and I'm starting exams again in under a week.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 01:00:01 pm by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96563 on: August 23, 2015, 04:06:42 pm »

I wanted to play one of the old MMO games I used to play a lot as a kid for nostalgia purposes (Splashfighters). I go to the website only to find it redirects to the company's page, and no longer exists. Apparently within the past month or so they shut their doors. I knew it was bound to happen, but it still makes me sad inside when old things go to die. There have been like papers and articles written about the preservation of culture and how that's becoming almost impossible with the advent of online games, and now I'm starting to experience that kind of first hand with multiple things.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96564 on: August 23, 2015, 05:40:09 pm »

Spent practically the whole day napping after staying up all night. There goes the last day before college starts.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96565 on: August 23, 2015, 05:59:49 pm »

Spent practically the whole day napping after staying up all night. There goes the last day before college starts.

Hey! I'm in the same boat! It probably would help if I could sleep before 4AM.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Boatsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep Moving Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #96566 on: August 23, 2015, 08:09:48 pm »

Monty Oum entered my thoughts again, and every day since he passed away.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #96567 on: August 23, 2015, 11:14:28 pm »

I wanted to play one of the old MMO games I used to play a lot as a kid for nostalgia purposes (Splashfighters). I go to the website only to find it redirects to the company's page, and no longer exists. Apparently within the past month or so they shut their doors. I knew it was bound to happen, but it still makes me sad inside when old things go to die. There have been like papers and articles written about the preservation of culture and how that's becoming almost impossible with the advent of online games, and now I'm starting to experience that kind of first hand with multiple things.

Download and log everything, and avoid any game that doesn't run from a local copy
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #96568 on: August 23, 2015, 11:19:10 pm »

Hard to do with MMOs, m8.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96569 on: August 23, 2015, 11:29:26 pm »

That said, it's not always that way. MGO and RE: Outbreak both have resurrection projects, for example.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 6436 6437 [6438] 6439 6440 ... 8167