Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6434 6435 [6436] 6437 6438 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448593 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96525 on: August 21, 2015, 10:24:25 pm »

I ate a bag of microwave popcorn.... Goddamnit me, don't you want to lose weight!?!?!?!?!?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96526 on: August 21, 2015, 10:54:19 pm »

Isn't microwave popcorn like... not bad? Unless you slather it in butter or some crap. It's not like you're popping the kernels in oil.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #96527 on: August 21, 2015, 10:55:52 pm »

I ate a bag of microwave popcorn.... Goddamnit me, don't you want to lose weight!?!?!?!?!?
Was it buttered popcorn?
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96528 on: August 21, 2015, 11:05:22 pm »

How many calories are in it? :v Literally all that matters.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96529 on: August 21, 2015, 11:07:05 pm »

How many calories are in it? :v Literally all that matters.
Actually, no.
It's what kind of calories are in it that matters just as much.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96530 on: August 21, 2015, 11:16:08 pm »

Calorie is a measure of energy. Food with more energy has more calories.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96531 on: August 21, 2015, 11:18:27 pm »

Yes, but calories from various sources are processed differently.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #96532 on: August 21, 2015, 11:20:24 pm »

Yeah, I still don't know what happened with Gunner-Chan, but much as my advice doesn't help, you can't put the onus on someone else for your wellbeing.
Again, completely unaware of the specifics, but it's sounding a little like "you've broken up with me and left me feeling empty, therefore it's your fault and you should come back to me".
Not a recipe that will ever spell happiness in the long run.

Nor that my advice is ever wanted or helpful. Thanks. Sorry. Bye.
If I'm remembering correctly, a mutual, very close friend of theirs did some extremely rotten thing that has left Gunner-Chan hurt, and the evasiveness is due to the fact that this person is a member of Bay12, so Owlga's trying to avoid stirring up any forum drama while still venting.

Definitely open to corrections from more knowledgeable folk (that is, Owlga or Gunner-Chan).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96533 on: August 21, 2015, 11:22:54 pm »

Yeah, I still don't know what happened with Gunner-Chan, but much as my advice doesn't help, you can't put the onus on someone else for your wellbeing.
Again, completely unaware of the specifics, but it's sounding a little like "you've broken up with me and left me feeling empty, therefore it's your fault and you should come back to me".
Not a recipe that will ever spell happiness in the long run.

Nor that my advice is ever wanted or helpful. Thanks. Sorry. Bye.
If I'm remembering correctly, a mutual, very close friend of theirs did some extremely rotten thing that has left Gunner-Chan hurt, and the evasiveness is due to the fact that this person is a member of Bay12, so Owlga's trying to avoid stirring up any forum drama while still venting.

Definitely open to corrections from more knowledgeable folk (that is, Owlga or Gunner-Chan).
If true...Ouch that's TOUGH.
Sigtext

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96534 on: August 22, 2015, 12:12:37 am »

Yes, but calories from various sources are processed differently.
Not really :v

Seriously. Been studied to death. It's simple energy balance and nutrient profile :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96535 on: August 22, 2015, 02:35:45 am »

My marriage is going into the shitter because I can't control my fucking temper.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96536 on: August 22, 2015, 11:14:45 am »

Need to get a haircut before college starts on Monday. Parents are bugging me to go get a haircut.

But muh social anxiety. I gotta go out, and go to the hair cut place, and what if they try to make conversation, or what if they mess up the haircut, or I say something stupid, or wrong. And, and, and...I don't feel like going out. I'll just go tomorrow. Maybe. Probably. Yeah.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96537 on: August 22, 2015, 11:53:07 am »

Just don't make conversation. Give short, precise, friendly answers, implicitly telling them to stop trying.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96538 on: August 22, 2015, 12:03:00 pm »

Just don't make conversation. Give short, precise, friendly answers, implicitly telling them to stop trying.
Nah, I'll go tomorrow.

Coincidentally this is what I've been saying about it for a week now.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96539 on: August 22, 2015, 01:46:53 pm »

I have five more days of work. On the other hand I could be posting in the happy thread because it's only fire more days, but it's early morning for me and I'm feeling pessimistic.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 6434 6435 [6436] 6437 6438 ... 8167