Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6432 6433 [6434] 6435 6436 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448495 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96495 on: August 20, 2015, 07:45:54 pm »

No I saw those, some of them anyway, but they're either older versions or by different authors. In one case it was a "special edition" that I needed. I know the older (and special) version is sometimes pretty similar, or even almost identical to the new one, but sometimes it's not, and there's no way for me to check.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #96496 on: August 20, 2015, 08:03:28 pm »

Yeah, that's always annoying. Push comes to shove, remember in the future to just shoot an email to the teacher (/stop by their office) and ask -- that's your way to check, when you're not sure. They tend to be pretty likely to not bullshit you about the subject, from what I've seen. It's actually saved me some money a couple of times, and I've seen it save other students some cash pretty often, especially when it's a teacher willing to work with students that have an older edition that's only marginally different.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #96497 on: August 20, 2015, 08:26:05 pm »

Things that made me angry today:

I learned that Microsoft intends to charge a monthly fee to all users of windows 10, eventually. That's what this "free update to windows 10" was about.

If they make good on this then I'm definitedly moving back to full  linux usage, for good.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #96498 on: August 20, 2015, 08:28:47 pm »

I learned that Microsoft intends to charge a monthly fee to all users of windows 10, eventually. That's what this "free update to windows 10" was about.

If they make good on this then I'm definitedly moving back to full  linux usage, for good.

Can you downgrade?

Because if they're pulling unethical stuff like that you can always pirate without moral conundrums.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96499 on: August 20, 2015, 08:33:46 pm »

WHAT THE FUCK NO, M$.
And if they do that, I am going to bloody well get Win7 back.  Because frankly this is not any particular better.

Edit:  Quick Google search turned up http://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-windows-10-will-not-be-sold-as-a-subscription/

...If they do do that though, I will get Win7.  Win7 OS better OS IMHO.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:36:36 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #96500 on: August 20, 2015, 08:38:43 pm »

Whoever told you that LIED. There is NO MONTHLY CHARGE for windows 10 and never will be. The only people claiming otherwise are the tinfoil hat brigade.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #96501 on: August 20, 2015, 08:41:13 pm »

Whoever told you that LIED. There is NO MONTHLY CHARGE for windows 10 and never will be. The only people claiming otherwise are the tinfoil hat brigade.

*Tins foildora*

You just don't know, Shonus. You just don't know what MONEY$OFT is up to!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96502 on: August 20, 2015, 09:08:56 pm »

I could see Apple pulling something like that.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96503 on: August 20, 2015, 10:16:58 pm »

Enjoy your botnet.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #96504 on: August 20, 2015, 11:43:31 pm »

Your net is already bots. Its bots all the way down man. You're a bot!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #96505 on: August 20, 2015, 11:49:59 pm »

I feel like I'm at the end of my rope here. No matter what I do Gunner-Chan always falls back into depression thanks to events that happened months ago, and things she hoped would ease the pain from what happened that just never panned out. I don't know what to do anymore.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96506 on: August 20, 2015, 11:55:02 pm »

I feel like I'm at the end of my rope here. No matter what I do Gunner-Chan always falls back into depression thanks to events that happened months ago, and things she hoped would ease the pain from what happened that just never panned out. I don't know what to do anymore.
Apply hugs.
It can't hurt.
...Now I'm sad.
Because really, that's the best advice I have.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:56:48 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96507 on: August 21, 2015, 12:01:11 am »

This is the wrong-est thing I've heard today so far.

That said, they do charge for other services, like office.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #96508 on: August 21, 2015, 12:02:08 am »

Just keep trying, owlga. Depression can take years to clear up, especially if the person suffering from it isn't medicating for it. Sometime's it's just flat lifelong, and all you can do is do what you can to keep the symptoms down and keep on trucking on. Help how you can, support where you're able. Being in a relationship or trying to help someone that's depressed is an incredible strain in and of itself, because it's a long and difficult process that can easily regress. You just have to keep doing your best, and if not make things better than at least try to make them least worse until healing can happen.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #96509 on: August 21, 2015, 12:05:03 am »

Just keep trying, owlga. Depression can take years to clear up, especially if the person suffering from it isn't medicating for it. Sometime's it's just flat lifelong, and all you can do is do what you can to keep the symptoms down and keep on trucking on. Help how you can, support where you're able. Being in a relationship or trying to help someone that's depressed is an incredible strain in and of itself, because it's a long and difficult process that can easily regress. You just have to keep doing your best, and if not make things better than at least try to make them least worse until healing can happen.

The thing is, yes she is medicating for depression. But this is brought on by something else.

And the really frustrating thing is I know there's two ways this could be easier for her, or not a problem at all. But in one cause the cause is being an idiot and the other... I don't know if anything was going to happen there at all anymore. It's just so sad knowing this is all preventable but it just doesn't seem to be going that way.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.
Pages: 1 ... 6432 6433 [6434] 6435 6436 ... 8167