Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6429 6430 [6431] 6432 6433 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447127 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96450 on: August 19, 2015, 11:36:25 am »

A Migrant has arrived!

...really? I was kind of hoping for more than one, you know?

You'll look back on this with nostalgia when 47 show up in a couple months.
Yeah, I know, but that kind of bumped my population up to exactly 200, ya know?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96451 on: August 19, 2015, 11:41:56 am »

... That isn't the cap, is it?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96452 on: August 19, 2015, 11:49:28 am »

Not anymore...
>.>
I just wished I realized I was approaching the cap before it happened. :(
The Cyan Menace

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96453 on: August 19, 2015, 11:56:27 am »

Sad and rage.

Jobcentre doesn't give a shit about my future, evidently. I'm going to college come September so I can then go on to university. They're sanctioning me because I'm not applying for apprenticeships that would stop me going there. They outright said that they didn't care that I was going into education (not in those terms, obviously). To them, it's less about getting a job, more just getting you off jobseekers. Hell, they'd probably tell me to start manufacturing meth if they could.

Although I'm not actually TOO surprised by this. They're government run, and with Cameron's crusade against the jobless the rules they have to follow are insanely retarded (they have to sanction you if you're inhibiting yourself from getting a job, for example. Nothing tells them WHAT inhibiting yourself IS, though.)
:facepalm.gif:
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #96454 on: August 19, 2015, 11:58:44 am »

We're gonna lose a fourth kitten. Poor little spunk is too weak to move hardly, I haven't been able to get enough food in him from the bottle, only a tiny squirt here or there and it isn't enough, and he fights me he whole way, he can't even hold onto moms nipple if I pin her down, and she isn't cleaning him at all. He can't even find mom if she's not there with him. All he wants to do is curl up and sleep...  :'(
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96455 on: August 19, 2015, 12:03:56 pm »

We're gonna lose a fourth kitten. Poor little spunk is too weak to move hardly, I haven't been able to get enough food in him from the bottle, only a tiny squirt here or there and it isn't enough, and he fights me he whole way, he can't even hold onto moms nipple if I pin her down, and she isn't cleaning him at all. He can't even find mom if she's not there with him. All he wants to do is curl up and sleep...  :'(
  :(
  :-\
  :'(
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96456 on: August 19, 2015, 12:04:41 pm »

nooo kitten D:

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #96457 on: August 19, 2015, 12:06:31 pm »

Aw, those poor kittens...
Rubidium has RETURNED!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96458 on: August 19, 2015, 12:18:37 pm »

Cmon champ don't fight the bottle drink your milk. I can't stand kittens dying!

Job hunting sucks, I know. You could check out-of town places or places that aren't actually advertising help wanted...
The Cyan Menace

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96459 on: August 19, 2015, 12:21:12 pm »

Not much to say about this, honestly. It's a pretty shit situation, honestly, but there's not much you can do about it. Don't beat yourself up too much, OK?
Sad and rage.

Jobcentre doesn't give a shit about my future, evidently. I'm going to college come September so I can then go on to university. They're sanctioning me because I'm not applying for apprenticeships that would stop me going there. They outright said that they didn't care that I was going into education (not in those terms, obviously). To them, it's less about getting a job, more just getting you off jobseekers. Hell, they'd probably tell me to start manufacturing meth if they could.

Although I'm not actually TOO surprised by this. They're government run, and with Cameron's crusade against the jobless the rules they have to follow are insanely retarded (they have to sanction you if you're inhibiting yourself from getting a job, for example. Nothing tells them WHAT inhibiting yourself IS, though.)
:facepalm.gif:
Another thing I forgot to mention: They expect me to do 35 hours of jobsearching a week. Five hours a day. Not only is it impractical, within an hour I'd run out of places to check for jobs.
Do it Veeeeeery Sloooooowly?
Sigtext

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #96460 on: August 19, 2015, 12:24:42 pm »

That is insane.  I know a few (older) people in employment programs who are asked to spend 4 hours a week and an additional 5 doing 'practical skill learning', and that stretches thin after a few months.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96461 on: August 19, 2015, 12:48:43 pm »

I got really sleepy waiting for my sheets to dry (in a drier, oo warm), but then actually making my bed is enough activity to wake me up again.
:/
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #96462 on: August 19, 2015, 01:03:28 pm »

What constitutes job searching anyways and do they have some way of checking on you? Because you could leave an ad paper with the jobs page open lying somewhere in your peripheral vision for five hours and say that technically you did search for jobs for five hours, with a very small and not too active part of your brain, but you did it regardless!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96463 on: August 19, 2015, 01:07:24 pm »

What constitutes job searching anyways and do they have some way of checking on you? Because you could leave an ad paper with the jobs page open lying somewhere in your peripheral vision for five hours and say that technically you did search for jobs for five hours, with a very small and not too active part of your brain, but you did it regardless!
True that.
Sigtext

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #96464 on: August 19, 2015, 02:00:10 pm »

I have a dismal headache, an essay due in two days that I've handed in no drafts for, it's my sister's birthday and I've had to partly skip the family gathering in favour of working, and I've just spent a few hours researching anencephaly.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 6429 6430 [6431] 6432 6433 ... 8167