Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6427 6428 [6429] 6430 6431 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9446187 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96420 on: August 18, 2015, 12:33:15 am »

Sixty. Six. Facking. Hours.

That's how many hours I worked this past week. Average of 11 per day in other words. Problem is that nearly a third of those hours were unpaid waiting times, so my paycheck will not be worth anywhere near 66 hours' worth.
Have you considered that that might be illegal?  Like I don't know and its probably immaterial anyway, but... I dunno, sounds vaguely illegal.

It isn't. It's scummy but it's legal.
Pretty much this. I get paid by the mile, like many (most?) truckers. If I'm not driving, the company is under no obligation to pay me. It's not great but it's nothing I can do anything about...other than, you know, looking for a new job :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #96421 on: August 18, 2015, 12:44:41 am »

Why don't you just drive around while waiting?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96422 on: August 18, 2015, 12:57:29 am »

Because that's not transporting anything
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96423 on: August 18, 2015, 03:33:15 am »

As if things weren't shitty enough, things had to get literally shitty with the toilet clogging.
Why do you Americans have such pissweak (no pun intended) plumbing? >:( Oh well. It could have been worse. Much worse.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96424 on: August 18, 2015, 08:59:44 am »

As if things weren't shitty enough, things had to get literally shitty with the toilet clogging.
Why do you Americans have such pissweak (no pun intended) plumbing? >:( Oh well. It could have been worse. Much worse.
Ugh, yeah.  Builder-grade shit won't take yer shit.  And guess what I have, in my house.
Yeah, that particular problem stinks.  Pun intended.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96425 on: August 18, 2015, 12:03:36 pm »

Because that's not transporting anything
Plus I'm waiting in what is basically the middle of nowhere. There's no place I can drive to :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96426 on: August 18, 2015, 01:48:39 pm »

R.I.P. - DeShaun Dupree Holton

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96427 on: August 18, 2015, 02:17:24 pm »

Yesterday I dropped a business card that I really needed the number from into the toilet on accident. I was not going to "fish" it out so I sat there and read the number from over the toilet.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96428 on: August 18, 2015, 03:02:21 pm »

But, alas, I am yet another angsty teenager with no gf. Woe is me, and I'm probably a hypocrite for typing this.
Jumping on this train. Seems as though humans are designed to only get fulfilment via family, but every relationship I've had has been borderline emotionally abusive on my end. Or I'm fiercely independent and terse talker. Whichever side you wanna take, I guess.
So yeah, I've posted this about five times but I'll post a sixth angst-post cursing my self-imposed loneliness exile...
Which still somehow feels like a better prospect than giving my potential SO the attention and care they deserve? Heh. If only it occurred with that much forethought.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #96429 on: August 18, 2015, 04:29:26 pm »

I'm just down today.  There's no particular reason.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96430 on: August 18, 2015, 07:00:10 pm »

Yesterday I dropped a business card that I really needed the number from into the toilet on accident. I was not going to "fish" it out so I sat there and read the number from over the toilet.
Pssh, get tough. Toilet water isn't even that cold. Or much dirtier than any other stale water.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #96431 on: August 18, 2015, 07:28:50 pm »

Ever since I read that thing on keyboards being dirtier than the cover of toilet seats, I have been typing on them. They are less likely to growl and bite.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96432 on: August 18, 2015, 07:36:31 pm »

Pssh, get tough. Toilet water isn't even that cold. Or much dirtier than any other stale water.
Unless it hasn't been flushed since the last time it was used.
One time, I was chewing gum whilst peeing. Somehow, the packet of gum slipped out of my pocket and landed in the bowl. That was a new packet of gum, I'd only chewed one or two pieces, I wasn't about to give up on it. So I fished it out, washed it in the bathroom sink with soap, and chewed it anyway.

That's how tough I am.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #96433 on: August 18, 2015, 08:08:19 pm »

CGTexture's stupid contradictory license means I have to change and resubmit my Unity package.

Use of the Textures is only allowed under the following conditions:
(...)
- Selling 3D models bundled with modified versions of the textures, when the texture is customized for the 3D model

This apparently says I'm in the clear. But...

You are NOT permitted to:
- Sell or distribute any of these textures in an unmodified form, or where the derived product you are selling or distributing is a Texture or a collection of Textures.

This apparently contradicts that, as you would have to include the image file itself with the scene in order to sell it as part of a model/scene. Licenses should be considered null and void if they don't make sense and contradict themselves.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #96434 on: August 18, 2015, 08:18:31 pm »

Huh, that seems like you should be in the clear as long as you're bundling it with a 3D model. I assume somebody complained, though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 6427 6428 [6429] 6430 6431 ... 8167