Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6421 6422 [6423] 6424 6425 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441788 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96330 on: August 14, 2015, 02:30:41 am »

Forget the past. Your past you barely resembles the you of today. Not sure if that is good or bad, but that generally means you cannot fault yourself of today for past you's mistakes. Your past you has much more in common with a stranger you barely know than the person you are right now.
Alternatively, go the Fate/stay night route and posthumously murder yourself.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #96331 on: August 14, 2015, 05:25:27 am »

Stomach hurts for the third day in a row. I really have no idea why, like, I know it's somehow being caused by me drinking and eating a bit too much at the bbq three days ago but whenever I did that the aching lasted for a day tops. This on the other hand has been periodic pain at the base of the ribs and a difficulty in eating much of anything and it's been fucking with my sleep and pretty much everything else because holy shit it's annoying.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #96332 on: August 14, 2015, 06:04:18 am »

We'll always remember you, Patrick.
It was probably better left unposted, in hindsight, but I'll screw with you people for the hell of it anyway.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:07:29 am by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #96334 on: August 14, 2015, 06:40:16 am »

Is that Lex Luthor?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #96335 on: August 14, 2015, 06:40:27 am »

Quote from: Arvital, imgur comments section
There are two things you never joke about: the Holocaust and Patrick Stewart dying. Used to be three, but Christopher Lee had to fuck it up.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #96336 on: August 14, 2015, 07:00:13 am »

literally who

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #96337 on: August 14, 2015, 07:04:21 am »

Saruman?
"When did Saruman the white forsake wisdom for madness?"

That quote probably isn't exact.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96338 on: August 14, 2015, 08:31:09 am »

Our incredibly old dog is getting worse for wear every day. It's so sad. Poor, poor pug.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96339 on: August 14, 2015, 09:50:22 am »

What's worse: A mother you could always be proud of, but died too early (if too early is even a thing), or a mother who in hindsight controlled every aspect of your life so you couldn't do anything that would prove against their plans, and which you disowned, but still is alive.

...Damn it, why am I having this chat on Steam.

Forget the past. Your past you barely resembles the you of today. Not sure if that is good or bad, but that generally means you cannot fault yourself of today for past you's mistakes. Your past you has much more in common with a stranger you barely know than the person you are right now.
Alternatively, go the Fate/stay night route and posthumously murder yourself.

only possible if reality had breaks out to lunch brub

since by then you already exist in all points and times of space and time and space :v
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96340 on: August 14, 2015, 09:54:28 am »

Well as part of the above posted Mother question.... as per my real life experiences I'd much rather the first thing have happened.  As opposed to the second in which my mother made my life a living hell for the first 17 years, and still attempts to control/make me feel terrible/worthless/ect on a daily basis even though I attempt to avoid all contact with her....

Much rather she was dead and I had good memories than alive and constantly trying to drive me and my life into the ground.
Nom nom nom

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #96341 on: August 14, 2015, 09:57:49 am »

There are two things you never joke about: the Holocaust and Patrick Stewart dying. Used to be three, but Christopher Lee had to fuck it up.

Wait. What was the third thing?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #96342 on: August 14, 2015, 10:13:10 am »

Wait. What was the third thing?
Probably Christopher Lee dying. Cause he did.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #96343 on: August 14, 2015, 10:17:27 am »

Or Neil Armstrong dying, as well

RIP. I will never forget those trumpet solos  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-HZ9qDD9sI
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96344 on: August 14, 2015, 11:58:09 am »

DWP is wanting to cut my benefits for not going to the work program one day because the letter about it arrived the day after I should have gone. So, got to contact them to sort it out.

Except I can't because what you do is ring them, leave your name and contact number and they ring you in 24 hours. Did it once, no contact. Tried again, they dropped the call. Tried again, and their inbox is full.

In addition to an ass-backwards way of dealing with it, they've been contacting people so little it's become literally impossible to contact them now.
...Do they have an office?
And are you sure this isn't a WTF?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6421 6422 [6423] 6424 6425 ... 8167