Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6420 6421 [6422] 6423 6424 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439971 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96315 on: August 13, 2015, 09:04:34 pm »

I actually probably should've been banned  :-\
Welcome to the wagon. Glad to have you aboard.
I had a NSFW mod on the forum.
On these lower boards there is sometimes a lot of shitty made by a single person but Toad leniency and lack of report spam gives people extra chances.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #96316 on: August 13, 2015, 09:10:27 pm »

Aaaand my brain has decided it's time for me to remember past me and cringe to death.

I don't think I'll actually forgive myself for sme of the things I've said on this forum alone, especially that one time I narrowly missed a ban. I actually probably should've been banned  :-\
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96317 on: August 13, 2015, 09:18:10 pm »

Suddenly, self-doubt. Self-doubt everywhere.

Am I making the right choice is this the right major what if I'm not smart enough for programming or computer science or artificial intelligence what if it doesn't work out what if I can't get in the college what if I don't enjoy it what if I'm using my time horribly what if I'm making a huge mistake what if there's something wrong with me what if I'm weird what if I'm a loser what if I think everything is going ok but really everything is going wrong what if what if what if.

Yeee.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #96318 on: August 13, 2015, 09:29:57 pm »

what if I'm not smart enough for programming or computer science or artificial intelligence
then you'll pick a new major
what if it doesn't work out
what does that even mean
what if I can't get in the college
then you will get into community college and be awesome there for a couple of years and then get into college because you'll have more proof that you can be awesome
what if I don't enjoy it
then you will have to decide whether it's worth not enjoying or not or if there's some other thing you could do with college that would be more enjoyable
what if I'm using my time horribly
then you'll have learned how not to waste your time in the future, paradoxically making it a valuable use of your time
what if I'm making a huge mistake
then you'll fix it
what if there's something wrong with me
then you'll be like everyone else
what if I'm weird
what if I'm a loser
then you'll have cause to make friends with all the other losers, plus a motivation for your elaborate revenge fantasy of getting rich and, i quote, "showing them all"
what if I think everything is going ok but really everything is going wrong
then either you'll notice and do something about it eventually, or else it wasn't bad enough to really matter because you lived the rest of your life not knowing about it

i don't know if this will help but i hope so
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96319 on: August 13, 2015, 09:38:37 pm »

Aaaand my brain has decided it's time for me to remember past me and cringe to death.

I don't think I'll actually forgive myself for sme of the things I've said on this forum alone, especially that one time I narrowly missed a ban. I actually probably should've been banned  :-\
I, local cool cat and burgeoning deity/cult leader MetalSlimeHunt grant you absolution for your past sins, as well as permission to "foughitaboutit" in the traditions of our ancestors.

Go now into the world as a new person, and give people tiny pamphlets guilting them into investing moral authority in me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96320 on: August 13, 2015, 09:42:06 pm »

what if I'm not smart enough for programming or computer science or artificial intelligence
then you'll pick a new major
what if it doesn't work out
what does that even mean
what if I can't get in the college
then you will get into community college and be awesome there for a couple of years and then get into college because you'll have more proof that you can be awesome
what if I don't enjoy it
then you will have to decide whether it's worth not enjoying or not or if there's some other thing you could do with college that would be more enjoyable
what if I'm using my time horribly
then you'll have learned how not to waste your time in the future, paradoxically making it a valuable use of your time
what if I'm making a huge mistake
then you'll fix it
what if there's something wrong with me
what if I'm weird
what if I'm a loser
then you'll have cause to make friends with all the other losers, plus a motivation for your elaborate revenge fantasy of getting rich and, i quote, "showing them all"
what if I think everything is going ok but really everything is going wrong
then either you'll notice and do something about it eventually, or else it wasn't bad enough to really matter because you lived the rest of your life not knowing about it

It helps me, weird as it seems.
Heck, colleges I want to go to are sending me letters and I'm still worried about getting in.  I mean, physical LETTERS.  Plural.  And I was still worried about that.  Heck, it's even the same field of study.
Permission to refer to this as self-reassurance later?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #96321 on: August 13, 2015, 10:12:08 pm »

* Tiruin bops Caroline o_o
Maybe ye be seeing it as if that same person is you! Not necessarily. It's how attitude (and maturity) works. :3

Forgive thyself Caroline, and all the others who feel D: omgwhatdidIdo about their past selves. Forgiveness helps--because it brings about the notion "Seriously [self], if I had known better, I wouldn't have done it!" Which is what is in the current time -which was not necessarily present when you did the past thing-.

To give a table of comparison, if you've visited the webcomic 'Unsounded', I'm basically Sette Frummagem--for the past before lateHighSchoolYears of my life in many ways! :v I cringe too! ...Then I bop myself with awareness.

You actually probably may possibly be banned or tell yourself you deserve it. But you aren't now. So rejoice--because that kinda attitude reflects on self-discernment and awareness.
You are capable of judging yourself without drawing back into defenses or brushing away your own faults. You face it in a more wholesome light! C:

* Tiruin also bops Spehss_
I poke you on one thing to research personally for your own benefit:
> Rumination.
Because honestly, that's what seems to be seemingly a habit in your case ._.
'What if' predicts the future. It is only giving the show of possibilities. The problem that occurs here is if you orient your if-fing to only a specific scope of possibilities (...like negative thinking).
Refocus your what if's :3 Liiike: 'What if I can do this? What if I'm in this major? Does that stop me from doing {other important thing I prefer} What if I enjoy it? What makes me not enjoy it? What if I'm a winner? What if I talk about this with other people in a constructive way? What if I added humor? What if I punched self-doubt with understanding? What if I did all this despite my doubt? What if my mistakes can actually be successes? How do I do this?'

Add in more questions! :D
Also, what Bauglir said. Because he's gud at dis. Also he's Bauglir.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:22:09 pm by Tiruin »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96322 on: August 13, 2015, 10:20:35 pm »

-snip-

Yeah, that helped. Snapped me out of it. Thanks man.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #96323 on: August 13, 2015, 10:29:12 pm »

Sette!Tiruin sounds adorable.

Oh gods I want to draw a bitey Tirmouse now.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96324 on: August 13, 2015, 10:43:58 pm »

* Tiruin also bops Spehss_
I poke you on one thing to research personally for your own benefit:
> Rumination.
Because honestly, that's what seems to be seemingly a habit in your case ._.
'What if' predicts the future. It is only giving the show of possibilities. The problem that occurs here is if you orient your if-fing to only a specific scope of possibilities (...like negative thinking).
Refocus your what if's :3 Liiike: 'What if I can do this? What if I'm in this major? Does that stop me from doing {other important thing I prefer} What if I enjoy it? What makes me not enjoy it? What if I'm a winner? What if I talk about this with other people in a constructive way? What if I added humor? What if I punched self-doubt with understanding? What if I did all this despite my doubt? What if my mistakes can actually be successes? How do I do this?'

Add in more questions! :D
Also, what Bauglir said. Because he's gud at dis. Also he's Bauglir.
Yeah, I'm familiar with the whole negative cycle of thinking and stuff. It was a common topic when I was seeing a therapist. It's a thing I need to keep on top of.

I've been doing great the last couple weeks or months- mostly because I think I've straightened everything out, primarily the question of "what do I want to major in and do with my life" which was stressing me out so much the last couple years - but occasionally there's a moment of relapsing into negativity like that. Hence that earlier post. :x

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96325 on: August 13, 2015, 10:52:48 pm »

Me personally, I keep thinking that there's no way I'm as good as actual evidence tends to suggest.  Last year's (and only those) grades notwithstanding (Blargh, that year sucked).
I mean seriously, though, any advice on how to not have a mild inferiority complex?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #96326 on: August 13, 2015, 10:56:46 pm »

Sette!Tiruin sounds adorable.

Oh gods I want to draw a bitey Tirmouse now.
I love you too. :P
((Seriously draw it when you've got the time :3 I'd love to see it))

Me personally, I keep thinking that there's no way I'm as good as actual evidence tends to suggest.  Last year's (and only those) grades notwithstanding (Blargh, that year sucked).
I mean seriously, though, any advice on how to not have a mild inferiority complex?
I think that's self-esteem rather than an actual complex (but that's just me taking all this out of your context). Grades (and otherwise) don't state who you innately are, as well as how your potential is. Just how you performed during that time, in general.
But the seeds seem to lie in the orange parts--though its usually an effect to a cause to a previous effect...
Have you thought of yourself as otherwise? :O

I've been doing great the last couple weeks or months- mostly because I think I've straightened everything out, primarily the question of "what do I want to major in and do with my life" which was stressing me out so much the last couple years - but occasionally there's a moment of relapsing into negativity like that. Hence that earlier post. :x
I wish I was more open the years back too. :P By then, I would've been doing all those posts too x_x
But then I'm shy and kept it all to myself and then got it all under control x_x But srsly. I still wish I had that kinda support back then. For quickness of discipline.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #96327 on: August 13, 2015, 11:02:48 pm »

Do cool shit that you think is cool and that you'd be proud of. If you feel good about yourself then you don't need to look for others' approval for how good you are.

...I think that makes sense.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96328 on: August 14, 2015, 12:20:53 am »

Forget the past. Your past you barely resembles the you of today. Not sure if that is good or bad, but that generally means you cannot fault yourself of today for past you's mistakes. Your past you has much more in common with a stranger you barely know than the person you are right now.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #96329 on: August 14, 2015, 12:52:47 am »

Did I say school was good? Well it's fucking not. I'm already stressed to where I feel like I'm on the edge of completely breaking and everything is going to fall apart and just, I have no idea how I'm going to make it through the year. Fuck. I'm also Reconsidering some life choices so fucking yay

EDIT: ugh i've been trying to edit this in the basic window and i've deleted it like three times by accident.

idk i want to kill myself again fucking wee

Find something relaxing to do that you can do while at school and stressing? I know I get stressed pretty badly sometimes, and often all it takes to calm down at least a bit is to go get a coffee and focus on that. It's a bit of a treat and something to distract me. Maybe something similar?

Also please don't kill yourself. :(

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 6420 6421 [6422] 6423 6424 ... 8167