Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6406 6407 [6408] 6409 6410 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439544 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96105 on: August 06, 2015, 08:53:59 am »

People hold different standards for themselves & their preferred gender I think.
This is almost always true, even if it's hard to give examples.
I guess there are extreme narcissists, and of course there's often a lot of overlap.  But heterosexuals are looking for something significantly different from themselves pretty much by definition.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #96106 on: August 06, 2015, 10:00:33 am »

I still can't help but feel there's a certain pointlessness to everything I do these days. I guess.... I dunno I'm still sorting through all the nonsense from huge holes in my life right now I guess.

Definitely doesn't help that I'm no closer to finding out when that's all going to calm or stop.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #96107 on: August 06, 2015, 10:18:23 am »

People hold different standards for themselves & their preferred gender I think.
This is almost always true, even if it's fun to give examples.
I guess there are extreme narcissists, and of course there's often a lot of overlap.  But heterosexuals are looking for something significantly different from themselves pretty much by definition.

People find things attractive.

People are lazy and don't want to change.

Wow.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #96108 on: August 06, 2015, 10:20:36 am »

Why does it seem like my Mom only calls me to deliver bad news?

Goodbye, grandpa. I am currently numb but this is really going to not feel good later.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #96109 on: August 06, 2015, 10:29:18 am »

Definitely doesn't help that I'm no closer to finding out when that's all going to calm or stop.
Methinks that knowing and sticking to your path is better than predicting it all until the final destination--getting a concrete idea of your goal is just as best, as long as you're aware of your current bearings ._.

More positivity? That helps poke at thoughts of futility. :3

Without knowing the context, goal-setting and checking how you think towards current situations and things also brings perspective.
*cheers anyway*
Go GC! :D

Goodbye, grandpa. I am currently numb but this is really going to not feel good later.
'Seem' is the bearer of ill-omens.
Things happen during situations like these :-\ Stress...and other stuff. Treat current happenings in these times relegated to current happenings.
Also condolences. :-\

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #96110 on: August 06, 2015, 10:46:06 am »

I'm sorry, Hugo. Have my condolences.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96111 on: August 06, 2015, 10:49:20 am »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:26:48 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96112 on: August 06, 2015, 12:20:33 pm »

Wow.
Is that really the end comments you'd draw? If anything, I see people be more harsh on themselves than on other people.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #96113 on: August 06, 2015, 12:25:53 pm »

Wow.
Is that really the end comments you'd draw? If anything, I see people be more harsh on themselves than on other people.

Again, my jokes are taken as me being snide and ignorant. I should /s more. Sorry.

People tend to be harsh on themselves, yes, but many would rather wallow in self-pity than change themselves.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96114 on: August 06, 2015, 04:20:45 pm »

I mean, I don't see you always trying to look as pretty as the girls that you like.
Ay dunno, I look at man, I go 'girls like that man, I must look like that man'. So I change bits of hair and beard so I look like amalgamation of mans on billboard and therefore I am become handsome and ego makefeelnice.
Then girls no like me because I am creeper with good hair and beard.

--
Which I've discerned is the problem. All of the girls I know who offhandedly mention that I'm the guy they'd go for are the ones who I'm not attracted to. So clearly I must not be attracted to anyone, and wait for the one person to appear who I'm attracted to and also goes out of their way to muscle their way into a relationship with me. Which is awesome because I've never dated a dominant lady before and it could be exactly what I need.
I mean, there was one in highschool but she turned to jelly when she fell in love with me and-
wait.
bleh.
I need a personality biopsy and also probably transplant
Or choose between being happily alone or a serial heartbreaker.

Well this got sad thread real quick.

Point Be Cinder- -snip- nothing nevermind just realized my entire uplifting helpful speech was basically a gigantic insult to the trans community.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 04:33:26 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #96115 on: August 06, 2015, 04:22:11 pm »

TIL that people don't try to look attractive to the people they like, apparently.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96116 on: August 06, 2015, 04:30:11 pm »

Was not planning on working tomorrow. Have to learn a machine I have never used, with no-one to help teach me. Also, it's a piece of crap that breaks down often, and the usual repair-guy will not be in either. Hope I don't lose a finger.

The reason that I will have to do this is that one of the workers who usually uses this machine has had to take an unexpected break from work for the next few weeks. Her husband was rushed to the hospital, and is in terrible shape. Never met him and don't really know much about my coworker, but it's not a nice thing to learn.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96117 on: August 06, 2015, 05:11:16 pm »

TIL that people don't try to look attractive to the people they like, apparently.
IDK, I feel like if I were to make myself look too nice it would be the kind of lie that I just can't maintain. Anything fancier than just "neat" implies all kinds of personality traits that I do not have.

@Flyme: What is even wrong with that sticker factory? Does management actually exist or is it just a shared hallucination or something.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96118 on: August 06, 2015, 05:15:37 pm »

Most people try to get in all their hours from Monday to Thursday so that they can get longer weekends. So instead of working something like 8 to 5 all week, which is what I typically do, they usually go for something more like 6 to 4:30. The longest anyone works is from 6 to 5:30.

But with the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if there were ink fumes or something screwing with us. Our latest, largest job at the moment has been nothing but nonsense.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #96119 on: August 06, 2015, 06:38:28 pm »

Death is disappointing. I think in a way I must be trying to run from thinking about it. I heard the news and I was immediately wiped blank. I can't feel anything, I started marathoning streaming shows to avoid thinking about what happened.

Guh
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 6406 6407 [6408] 6409 6410 ... 8167