Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6402 6403 [6404] 6405 6406 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438451 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #96045 on: August 04, 2015, 02:15:00 am »

-snip-

Also, maybe you may speak from experience--but love in general does exist.
Unconditional love does exist, just broaden your term of love.
Infatuation is chemicals. Love is addiction.
Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Much blunt o_o

Tack...there's a big difference between being fully logical in a sense, and applying logic to a situation. Your notes there are...very incomplete about multiple issues. >_>

So PMs! :D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:26:47 am by Tiruin »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #96046 on: August 04, 2015, 06:47:41 am »

So, apparently, according to a fairly reputable book about the intestinal system, many of my psychological woes can at least partially be traced directly to my bowels and how frequently they're upset in some way. It's some jazz about how people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (read: me) having a lower threshold for information from the bowel to enter the brain via the vagus nerve, and apparently that particular nerve is the Gut Feeling Nerve(tm), and supposedly, artificial stimulation of it can result in anything from good feels to (temporary) anxiety. What i'm about to say is entirely conjecture, but this would also serve as a good explanation of why it feels like i have to fight myself to go through the anxiety. :I

"But Shook," you say, "is it not a good thing to learn such things?" Well yes, normally. Problem is, there is, at the moment, no cure or anything like it for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I remain hopeful, but the prospect of having to live with this particular affliction for the rest of my life is not a nice one.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96047 on: August 04, 2015, 06:55:11 am »

So, apparently, according to a fairly reputable book about the intestinal system, many of my psychological woes can at least partially be traced directly to my bowels and how frequently they're upset in some way. [...]
You could've just asked :P This is what we [MedTechs] perform examinations on. Stool exams. :O To be general, we can also detect if you've got [very_not_nice_bacteria] within your gut that way.
Which particularly every medical student is has at least experienced, amongst other things involving the biological notes of the body.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96048 on: August 04, 2015, 07:18:37 am »

I ate some IKEA oat cookies (they have about 40% fat and sugar, yummmm) yesterday... and somehow had one of my back teeth fracture.

No pain yet and the piece is somehow still attached partially. Managed to get a dentist appointment for tomorrow, but this wasnt really something I needed right now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96049 on: August 04, 2015, 07:21:19 am »

No pain yet and the piece is somehow still attached partially. Managed to get a dentist appointment for tomorrow, but this wasnt really something I needed right now.
I'm glad it didn't breach the nerve ._. May be superficial fracture given the lack of pain but that's my totally inexperienced insight.

Hope it goes well :-X (And to the rest facing similar circumstances)

Sad: Gah ._. Lost my notes in responses to these much e//mails. Never received a lot of mail in my life and I've had trouble in writing..so I make notes.
* Tiruin looks at the messages and continues trying to focus on making a response.
x_x

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96050 on: August 04, 2015, 07:26:34 am »

I'm glad it didn't breach the nerve ._. May be superficial fracture given the lack of pain but that's my totally inexperienced insight.

Hope it goes well :-X (And to the rest facing similar circumstances)

Thanks! What I'm more worried about than the upcoming dentist bill is that this shouldnt have happened; I've tried to take good care of my teeth. I've always brushed them too much and chew xylitol gum several times a day after lunch and dinner at least even if I regularly skip morning brush.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #96051 on: August 04, 2015, 08:03:18 am »

So, apparently, according to a fairly reputable book about the intestinal system, many of my psychological woes can at least partially be traced directly to my bowels and how frequently they're upset in some way. [...]
You could've just asked :P This is what we [MedTechs] perform examinations on. Stool exams. :O To be general, we can also detect if you've got [very_not_nice_bacteria] within your gut that way.
Which particularly every medical student is has at least experienced, amongst other things involving the biological notes of the body.
Asked how? "Are my bowels giving me anxiety?" :v
I already did turn in a stool sample to the doctor (and i hope that won't be necessary again because dear god poop smells when you're that close), although i don't know if they checked for BAD BACTERIA. Basically, the result of that was "yep you probably have IBS", but at least it wasn't something worse.

Although i should probably also mention that i don't think that ALL my anxiety etc. stems from them bowels, since i do have plenty of reason as to why it would otherwise be there. Getting past that would be a major step towards being happier with my existence as it is, because right now, i'm not satisfied at all. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96052 on: August 04, 2015, 08:39:47 am »

Woke up with a persistent burning sensation in my nose. It's still feeling like that. I was sick most of last week, why do I have to be sick now?

My voice sounds terrible, and my throat hurts when I speak, eat/drink, cough, or basically do anything. I don't have any medicine. Closest I have had has been a mint.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96053 on: August 04, 2015, 09:55:20 am »

why do i keep feeling so BORED
._.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96054 on: August 04, 2015, 09:57:35 am »

-anxiety snip-
._.
I...err, never meant anything related to anxiety there. It's generally assumed that being sick = having the general reaction of "D:"

Sorry to hear all that though ._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96055 on: August 04, 2015, 11:47:26 am »

you're not constantly on drugs

that'd help

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #96056 on: August 04, 2015, 01:54:07 pm »

Still got some really big heavy things on my mind today. Despite managing to calm myself down last night. I'm not really sure what I can do about this at all...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96057 on: August 04, 2015, 02:09:41 pm »

you're not constantly on drugs

that'd help
Now my head is hurting me.

Fuck this shit.

EDIT: Also, *virtually hugs Gunner-chan in a highly unpainful manner*.
._.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96058 on: August 04, 2015, 04:49:45 pm »

The way to raise your mood is on the backs of others! Wake early! Make a large cup of coffee! Emotionally destroy someone you love!

The whole day just fits together from there on out.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #96059 on: August 04, 2015, 04:55:49 pm »

Emotionally destroy someone you love!
Can confirm as best way to wake up in the morning.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6402 6403 [6404] 6405 6406 ... 8167