Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6384 6385 [6386] 6387 6388 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441825 times)

Oda

• Bay Watcher
  • Misery used Lurk! It was super-effective!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95775 on: July 30, 2015, 05:44:12 pm »

Oh  :o
I kind of guessed it was something sexual.
Hi! Feel free to talk to me, I don't bite often.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #95776 on: July 30, 2015, 05:56:10 pm »

Drive thru all fucking day again. Made it abundantly clear I would like more kitchen training, denied each time because kitchen training might actually make them give me a 0.00005% raise, service pleb 4 lyfe. Unity script still not ready to publish because it's typically four in the morning before I get any time to work on it, and it probably won't make any money anyway because there are much better competing products on the Asset Store. You know, ones made by career developers and stuff.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #95777 on: July 30, 2015, 06:58:29 pm »

I keep pushing and pushing every second of my life to find some solution to my problems, but I'm sick of talking to people about it and sick of trying to find a solution. There just isn't one.

Grandpa's so skinny now :(
I know how that feels. A couple years ago, my great grandmother died from cancer which had spread to her brain. When the chemo is over with,  both of you'll probably be glad you stopped it early on.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95778 on: July 30, 2015, 07:32:50 pm »

Grandpa's so skinny now :(
That was the part that hit hardest when my father-in-law was on his way out. He was always a big man, a Santa Claus "jolly fat guy" kind of guy. I mean, he was a trained chef for God's sake...never trust a skinny chef.

And seeing him shrunk down to my size....that was rough.  :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95779 on: July 30, 2015, 09:23:43 pm »

I'm consistently astounded by the amount of people that quietly persecute (or sometimes spew outright vitriol at) me for having a well-paying job at a young age. Because I'm a white cis male, there are plenty of accusations about privilege, both financial or societal. Some people just call it luck. Which is ironic, because often, the people accusing me of having white privilege had more advantages than I did.

It's gotten to the point that I often lie about my income, even to people close to me. And honestly, it's pretty socially isolating too. Besides my girlfriend (who's awesome and is the only thing between me and insanity, god bless her), I really don't have any friends in-person that I see on any regular basis. While people my age are making friends and having fun in college, I'm hiring college graduates, 3 years older than me, for positions below me. I'm the youngest person at my office by about fifteen years.

So yeah, life's great, I have a job and a girlfriend, so life's great. woohoo.

so fuckin' lonely
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #95780 on: July 30, 2015, 09:29:15 pm »

Heh, I got a job that pays crap, but I still don't have any close friends here, besides my wife, and she's out of town.

I mean, I have 'friends', mostly due to having grown up at the same time in the same small town, but I wouldn't call them close by any means.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95781 on: July 30, 2015, 09:32:16 pm »

- How old are you?
- For what positions are you hiring? :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #95782 on: July 30, 2015, 09:52:52 pm »

I'm consistently astounded by the amount of people that quietly persecute (or sometimes spew outright vitriol at) me for having a well-paying job at a young age. Because I'm a white cis male, there are plenty of accusations about privilege, both financial or societal. Some people just call it luck. Which is ironic, because often, the people accusing me of having white privilege had more advantages than I did.

Bring some soundproofs wherever you go and say you're listening to music through your wireless headset. Most people will believe it.

And hey, I'd be pretty salty if a guy 10 or whatever years younger than me has recently (relatively) got out of school and has landed a powerful job.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #95783 on: July 30, 2015, 09:56:37 pm »

Maybe you should send them a letter? I know, that sounds really optimistic, but it can't hurt, right?
I could try. That actually sounds like a good idea. I just meed to work up the will, I guess.
That's my other sad: I'm feeling horribly sick right now :c

What webcomics are those? I'm curious if it's any that I read.
Rain by Jocelyn Samara, and Portside Stories by Valerie Halla.
They're both trans webcomics.
This notice made me comment on Jocelyn's note because I can at least discern her part of it [with no idea about the other] ._. But the essence of the start of it all [the review] makes me sad.
On how incomplete and un...whole it is. The reasoning. The logic. The...judgement. The essence.

Any bit of help, helps, Caroline. :)
Totally hope I didn't trip over my English >_>
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:01:11 pm by Tiruin »

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95784 on: July 30, 2015, 10:03:27 pm »

- How old are you?

Just shy of 20.

Assembly technicians & machinists. Hardware stuff. Not really the b12 demographic :p.

~

People will bitch no matter what. Low paying job? Clearly you didn't put the work in. High pay? Clearly it's nepotism, or the guys are racist and only promoted you over others because you're white. Enjoy your job? What the fuck? How do you ENJOY work you weirdo! Hate it? Well work hard and you might get a job you like, or go into education you moron.

The bitching doesn't bother me. Bitchers are straight-up ignored. But even formerly close friends that don't bitch about it seem to take a different stance toward me these days. It's like I'm a different person because I don't worry about the price of lunch.

~

And hey, I'd be pretty salty if a guy 10 or whatever years younger than me has recently (relatively) got out of school and has landed a powerful job.

Surprisingly, the older folks are generally pretty approving. I'm only where I am because I've held full-time summer jobs since I was 14, and saving/investing my paychecks into self-education and training. They tend to have my respect.

It's the other 20yo's with one-line resumés that I have problems with.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95785 on: July 30, 2015, 10:07:46 pm »

The bitching doesn't bother me. Bitchers are straight-up ignored. But even formerly close friends that don't bitch about it seem to take a different stance toward me these days. It's like I'm a different person because I don't worry about the price of lunch.
Unless you've changed without realising it, they may well be suffering a case of envy.
Or they've a judgement already affecting their perception beforehand. The indication of 'privilege' in the comments you noted seems to broach that kind of logic. Its in how they understand it (or maybe they're seeing something in how you interact; its a vague case here).

Maybe approach them directly about it and discuss it instead. I've found that to work out the best.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #95786 on: July 30, 2015, 10:09:47 pm »

Unless you've changed without realising it, they may well be suffering a case of envy.

The former is completely possible, but I can't say whether you're a different person because this is the first time I've seen you post.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #95787 on: July 30, 2015, 10:10:49 pm »

- How old are you?

Just shy of 20.

Assembly technicians & machinists. Hardware stuff. Not really the b12 demographic :p.

~

I have about a year of experience running (And keeping running) a made-in-china cement block casting machine, would that work? :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95788 on: July 30, 2015, 10:12:54 pm »

You didn't- you actually used it quite well.
And Valerie's side is in her twitter, though it takes a while to read it from start to beginning since it's fragmented and between many other tweets.

I really want to do something but I am feeling terrible (physically) right now. I realky need sleep.
Sleep you! o_o You can do the something tomorrow when well rested.
Being well-rested boosts every ability by a % amount of skill!
And I'm being silly :P

But I still worry about my English in dat one comment on her DA.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #95789 on: July 30, 2015, 10:16:30 pm »

Blech sinus bleeding pouring out my mouth and nose. I hate the taste of blood.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 6384 6385 [6386] 6387 6388 ... 8167