Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6380 6381 [6382] 6383 6384 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9441444 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95715 on: July 29, 2015, 11:52:30 pm »

The more I read about laws, the more I feel like I want to get into politics to try and stop the more retarded things from happening.

This is making me despair. I hate politics, but it's fucked up enough to make me want to get a career in it to try and unfuck it.

That's a very positive and healthy approach. Contrastingly I usually handle the situation by praying for world leaders and captains of industry to be flattened by meteors or stricken with cancer.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95716 on: July 29, 2015, 11:56:49 pm »

I don't think sleeping on an arm is enough to pinch a nerve closed, pretty sure that would hurt a lot...  But cutting off blood flow to an area does seem to numb it.  I really don't know the biology.  Just civil war anesthetic.

@Bohandas
I hope for a benevolent dictator, or I GUESS a real multiparty system.  With coalitions and such.
The dictator part is (mostly) a joke.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #95717 on: July 30, 2015, 12:05:18 am »

Oxygen supply cut off, respiration slows, no energy to report back to your brain.

As far as I can guess. I'm not too up on neuroscience.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread
« Reply #95718 on: July 30, 2015, 12:21:18 am »

Yes. Yes! We must cut off the corporate lobbyists' oxygen supply!
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95719 on: July 30, 2015, 01:57:38 am »

Thing that made me sad today: Cinder assuming we don't like him.  We don't not like him, right, all? 

To quoteparaphrase just about everybody:
I think you very much overestimate how much hostility there is.  As in, you estimate that there is hostility.  Unless I've completely missed something, but...You seem like a nice enough person.  And you run a forum game.  Seriously, you physically cannot be as much of an asshole as you think we think you are if you can do that.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #95720 on: July 30, 2015, 02:04:12 am »

The new team leader at work is being bullied. It's made more complicated by people having legitimate grievances with him, myself included, but some are taking that as an excuse to run a hate campaign. It's like being back at school.

Thing that made me sad today: Cinder assuming we don't like him.  We don't not like him, right, all? 
Never had a problem with her. Seems decent enough from what I've seen.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #95721 on: July 30, 2015, 03:20:41 am »

We never not liked him [Who he is. I grammar'd right right?]. The only basis someone can say they don't like other people [when in fact they're describing how the other person behaves or interacts], and actually believe they hate the person...is when that's all they know about the person, or how this person tends to always act. TO be extremely blunt. >_<

But the idea sticks, because of how close behavior and personhood is at times...and y'know, word impact. When this isn't made known...a ton of interpretative errors can come along the way. I mean, if one knows better--they tend to and mostly always do the better thing [just that what they're used to is sometimes what they fall back on when uncertainty comes up].

Or I'm being pedantic. o_o In short: We ♥ Cinder. We may not ♥ the attitude. That is what people usually grumpily react towards--the grumpy to the attitude. That doesn't mean we don't ♥ who they are. What attitude this is = contextual. This goes for pretty much everyone o_O Ever. We sometimes get  :-\ in our attitude. We work it out to be better.
All this talk makes me see a recap of my life in all this. Maaan... <_<

Never had a problem with her. Seems decent enough from what I've seen.
Anyway to teach the new team leader instead of pushing all the haet on him? :-\
Also, Cinder prefers They. :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 03:34:22 am by Tiruin »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95722 on: July 30, 2015, 05:24:12 am »

I kind of meant it as in people going "dammit cinder if you hate yourself too much i'll start hating you"

Glad that I'm the single driving force which hinges on whether you stay or leave this forum, although I should've expected that you'd over-exaggerate my comments in the same way you exaggerate everything you dislike about yourself.
At the end of the day I'm with the forum on this, wanting what's good for you and whatnot. But I believe unlike much of the forum, when I help people, it's with a stick. Not with endless cupcakes. Which, hopefully, can get the message across a little better if people aren't getting it.

What you aren't getting is that your self-esteem issues are unhealthy everywhere. Airing it on the forums may help your day-life (I hope to god you don't spontaneously shout out 'Sorry I'm an ugly fucking freak' in real life), but really it's all got a horrible root which must be plucked. Because the truth is, you're not ugly, you're not freakish, you aren't any of those.
Unfortunately with the amount of times I and those like me have said this, you have to either know this, and continue to say it anyway, or hear it every day from us and ignore it, and you should know just how much it hurts to be ignored.
Therefore of course people are going to become upset by you continually bashing yourself. It reminds us of how little you value our input.

Therefore, I take a step back, and evaluate. Maybe I'm not giving Cinder what Cinder requires. Maybe it's not an issue of them needing an ego boost. Maybe this is all a truth that they're trying to make us believe, and they are getting upset that we aren't believing it. I mean, I still don't. But I can go along with the motions if it'll make you happy.

TO be extremely blunt. >_<
Yaaaaaay ^-^
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #95723 on: July 30, 2015, 05:46:25 am »

At the end of the day I'm with the forum on this, wanting what's good for you and whatnot. But I believe unlike much of the forum, when I help people, it's with a stick. Not with endless cupcakes. Which, hopefully, can get the message across a little better if people aren't getting it.
Its how you say stuff. That's why we always advocate cake in the end. Its sticks and cupcakes in one whole batch! :I

Buuuut, yeah. Just to poke at it--sometimes, pessimism or 'expecting the worst on how others may take it' doesn't help. What will help is discussion! \o/
But not here, obviously. PMs are best or such. :P
TO be extremely blunt. >_<
Yaaaaaay ^-^
I know that smiley. I:

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95724 on: July 30, 2015, 05:52:21 am »

I am sick. Sick is blegh. Blegh is me.
Cinder, see you around, I guess.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #95725 on: July 30, 2015, 05:56:43 am »

Being sick is Karma for being such a wanker.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95726 on: July 30, 2015, 06:09:55 am »

Well that escalated quickly.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #95727 on: July 30, 2015, 06:11:53 am »

I have some seriously unhealthy mental issues, but I'm too afraid to talk to anybody about them.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95728 on: July 30, 2015, 06:16:46 am »

You know, I was trying to hold out a bit longer so that this all blows over but I really can't.

I'm heavily tempted to address all the posts but I don't want to appear like I manipulated people into giving me attention. I really wasn't.

It's not like a single post of me ranting is going to kill anyone I guess so I'll deal with this tomorrow.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #95729 on: July 30, 2015, 06:17:59 am »

Well that escalated quickly.

All in good fun - he calls himself a wanker on Steam :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6380 6381 [6382] 6383 6384 ... 8167