Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6379 6380 [6381] 6382 6383 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9438306 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95700 on: July 29, 2015, 09:49:47 pm »

I know I'll probably be getting semi-threatening messages for this, but I'm going to take a break from Bay12. I will still update Descent and my RPG though so it's not a complete break, but I feel like I have finally worn out everyone's patience so I'm just going to shut up until I stop being a horrible person.
I think you overestimate how much hostility there is towards you here.

Generally when someone makes an RPG and then stops updating it, people stop following it.  But your work is good and people like you, so they keep encouraging you.

Like you can stop going on Bay12 or Descent or whatever, its your life.  But I don't think people are really worn out towards you.  I'm not.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #95701 on: July 29, 2015, 10:03:59 pm »

I know I've kinda disappeared mid-game for a lot of my forum games. Haven't recieved hate mail yet...!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95702 on: July 29, 2015, 10:07:52 pm »

I think people expect roughly 99% of all games and LPs here to end early. You won't get any hatemail :V

See you around someday, Cinder.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95703 on: July 29, 2015, 10:10:55 pm »

I kind of meant it as in people going "dammit cinder if you hate yourself too much i'll start hating you"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95704 on: July 29, 2015, 10:17:29 pm »

Most of us understand depression enough to know it's not your fault. We might get annoyed and/or tired at the manifestations of it, but that says nothing about you so much as what it says about the depression itself.

And it's pretty dang obvious you have some form of depression at least.

Of course, if you're just saying this stuff to get attention, then butts to you, good sir!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95705 on: July 29, 2015, 10:23:03 pm »

Depression tends to alter one person's inclinations to politeness and etc. Feel free to leave, but just know you'll always be welcome here.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95706 on: July 29, 2015, 10:27:11 pm »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:31:33 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #95707 on: July 29, 2015, 10:32:39 pm »

5 days no net. Much \o/

Cinder, dearie, I be sending you a PM encompassing everything mentioned here for ya :)
Sorry for not posting it here--but it covers...a lot of things.

I know I've kinda disappeared mid-game for a lot of my forum games. Haven't recieved hate mail yet...!
I know I'll probably be getting semi-threatening messages for this, but I'm going to take a break from Bay12. I will still update Descent and my RPG though so it's not a complete break, but I feel like I have finally worn out everyone's patience so I'm just going to shut up until I stop being a horrible person.

I think you overestimate how much hostility there is towards you here.

Generally when someone makes an RPG and then stops updating it, people stop following it.  But your work is good and people like you, so they keep encouraging you.

Like you can stop going on Bay12 or Descent or whatever, its your life.  But I don't think people are really worn out towards you.  I'm not.
I had this fear too. About my own RTD.
See, I had personal stuffs occurring IRL at these times. Months of delay in between, and a :X feeling everytime I couldn't updoot it.

But then I PM'd all the dudes playing [and the dudes not playing but waitlisting too], and they were totally cool with it. Many offered their support too and encouragement! (Yeah Reudh. You silly kuya! Love you to bits. Amongst all the rest :V)

So...I'll leave this tidbit for ya.

People don't stop you from not being an asshole. What EVERYONE is basically focused on is behavior/attitude and not necessarily or at all, you.
Dammit Objective, stop being so hard on yourself.
Like this orange dude. He's being :I because he's focused on the :I that makes you :'( , NOT YOU BEING D:
(Though the initial feelings would make that seem sensible ._. emotions be silly at times--but emotions only draw meaning from what meaning you give them. Hence it is always best to think through and with them instead of solely FROM them.)

A certain adorable forum member returning is making me feel inferior.

Mostly because I'm an ugly 17 years old man but still.
That certain adorable forum member returning is NOT the cause of that :P
The orange part is connected to something else.
Maybe comparison--undue comparison.
Maybe self-esteem, most likely seemingly self esteem.
Maybe many unspoken reasons which I would like you to settle with with people there who you can easily and readily talk to.
But yeah, PM incoming. Also advice on behavior and how communication pokes at it. :)

Just take these things constructively instead of criticism-ally. From my experience of 4+ years on this forum--it tends to lack toxicity because the vocal and outspoken members aren't...y'know, immature. Mostly.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #95708 on: July 29, 2015, 10:58:39 pm »

(Woops, left the tab open without posting.)
Grandpa's so skinny now :(
If you're wanting someone to talk to, my inbox is open.
Thanks, I'll take you up on that maybe.

Mainly I need to put on a happy face for him, but it's so hard seeing him like this, and I feel kinda like I want to hide from this but I'd feel shitty if I did.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95709 on: July 29, 2015, 11:03:56 pm »

(Woops, left the tab open without posting.)
Grandpa's so skinny now :(
If you're wanting someone to talk to, my inbox is open.
Thanks, I'll take you up on that maybe.

Mainly I need to put on a happy face for him, but it's so hard seeing him like this, and I feel kinda like I want to hide from this but I'd feel shitty if I did.
Provide for him the best you can.
Reminds me of my grandmother.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95710 on: July 29, 2015, 11:05:36 pm »

The human body is so "amazing".  Response to no longer sitting on the hard floor:  "HEY us butt muscles hurt because we're no longer starved of blood".  Like the response for "sleeping" limbs when you wake up: "Thanks for revitalizing us, have some PINS and NEEDLES :D".

I know.  You won't regret being there, later.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #95711 on: July 29, 2015, 11:32:16 pm »

Not a decent comparison. The AI prediction, for most scientists and experts, isn't a matter of if, but of when, while the mayan calendar thing was mostly a combination of seasonal fearmongering + excessive dan brownism.

I'll admit that was a shoddy comparison, but when is rather far away. Technology, as quickly as it advances now, is still maturing into robotics. Maybe in a while we'll have that lovely apocalypse all those edgy 14-year-old Youtube commenters have been dreaming about, but speculation at this early point doesn't lead to much other than fear.

Coincidentally, one of the singularity arguments advocating the imminence of the singularity is that because technology advances exponentially on itself, eventually humanity will achieve the technology capable for a human level general intelligence earlier than most people would predict, and as that first human level general AI learns more and more it will itself increase exponentially until boom, singularity. Coincidentally this singularity is always predicted to occur within the singularity proponent's lifetime.

Plus it helps that the word "singularity is very poorly defined in this context. Conveniently so.

I consider myself semi-lucky to not even like coffee at all, so i won't get dependent on it. :v

It tastes terrible!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:35:40 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95712 on: July 29, 2015, 11:41:26 pm »

Not a decent comparison. The AI prediction, for most scientists and experts, isn't a matter of if, but of when, while the mayan calendar thing was mostly a combination of seasonal fearmongering + excessive dan brownism.

I'll admit that was a shoddy comparison, but when is rather far away. Technology, as quickly as it advances now, is still maturing into robotics. Maybe in a while we'll have that lovely apocalypse all those edgy 14-year-old Youtube commenters have been dreaming about, but speculation at this early point doesn't lead to much other than fear.

Coincidentally, one of the singularity arguments advocating the imminence of the singularity is that because technology advances exponentially on itself, eventually humanity will achieve the technology capable for a human level general intelligence earlier than most people would predict, and as that first human level general AI learns more and more it will itself increase exponentially until boom, singularity. Coincidentally this singularity is always predicted to occur within the singularity proponent's lifetime.

Plus it helps that the word "singularity is very poorly defined in this context. Conveniently so.
It's a tad bit aside when beginning to compare robotic equivalence to people overrides the greatness of the person//sentience :/ [because comparisons in that measure aren't...complete. Whole? The word escapes me.]
Feels like a solely IQ-based discussion. Missing a lot of points. Those points on how vast 'learning' can be, both start and proceeds.  >_<

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #95713 on: July 29, 2015, 11:43:51 pm »

The human body is so "amazing".  Response to no longer sitting on the hard floor:  "HEY us butt muscles hurt because we're no longer starved of blood".  Like the response for "sleeping" limbs when you wake up: "Thanks for revitalizing us, have some PINS and NEEDLES :D".

More like "We've been hurting the entire time, but we haven't been able to tell you"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95714 on: July 29, 2015, 11:48:46 pm »

More like "We've been hurting the entire time, but we haven't been able to tell you"
Reminds me of how I woke up one day after somewhat lying down on my arm >_>
I was able to swing it around without controlling it, feeling the blood rush in, along with all the tingles.

...Doesn't help that I hit myself with my hand by accident. <_< Honestly, by accident.
Pages: 1 ... 6379 6380 [6381] 6382 6383 ... 8167