Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6365 6366 [6367] 6368 6369 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435451 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95490 on: July 24, 2015, 04:06:28 pm »

*grumble grumble*.  I'm supposed to go to a after-work party today, but I just kinda want to stay at home and relax.  I can't really blow it off, because I did that last time...
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95491 on: July 24, 2015, 06:28:24 pm »

I can't afford to do the stuff I wanted to do today.
Paying for my flight in a few days has left a huge, gaping hole in my bank account. :-/
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #95492 on: July 25, 2015, 02:11:22 am »

Finally got around to trying to sign up for college classes. Really late in the sign up process. Of course most classes are full. Of course almost all my options that would've been most convenient for me are full. I procrastinated on this for a month because I was afraid of finding exactly this. And by procrastinating I just made the whole thing more likely. Stupid me.

I messed up badly. Really feeling hopeless.
OK for future reference.  You don't sign up for college classes a week late.  You don't do it a day late.  You don't do it an hour late.  You don't do it five minutes late.  You do it as fast as your college's application system will physically allow you, as soon as you allowed to.

Like, you need to treat it as a hard deadline.  You need to imagine you've been repeatedly late for work and the next time you're late your boss fires you.

Also don't beat yourself up for messing up in college, its part of going to college.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95493 on: July 25, 2015, 06:09:04 am »

Friends complaining I don't spend time with them.

They invite me to bowling. I say 'Sure'. Then they change their minds, they wanna watch a movie.
Which movie? Paper towns. I decline, they start harping on about my reclusiveness.

It's like, I don't want to watch that movie, and spending 2 hours sitting in a dark room with them isn't exactly socializing anyway. But they'll take any chance to blame my gaming habits.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95494 on: July 25, 2015, 06:18:43 am »

spending 2 hours sitting in a dark room with them isn't exactly socializing anyway
Movie watching: You're doing it wrong.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #95495 on: July 25, 2015, 06:20:52 am »

I can't afford to do the stuff I wanted to do today.
Paying for my flight in a few days has left a huge, gaping hole in my bank account. :-/

Fill it with beer?

It solves everything else, so why shouldn't it be legal tender?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #95496 on: July 25, 2015, 01:45:16 pm »

I don't want to go to work and make more money for some CEO incredibly far removed from the toil of actually working in a fast food joint. I want to stay at home and do something that I actually give a damn about. If I had a solid week to do nothing but work on it, I would probably have already published something to the asset store. But I can't afford to lose even one day of work, literally; the ~$70 I'd lose from calling in today would be too much to lose from my pay check this period.

My till was literally overflowing the other day. I was running out of places to put money until they replaced it, and that's not even counting money from credit and debit cards. And they say they can't afford to raise the minimum wage, my hairy ass they can't when a single till from a single eight-hour shift holds more than my last two paychecks combined.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #95497 on: July 25, 2015, 03:09:34 pm »

It's been a year since my last week vacation.  Very first day, and it's already getting shot to hell.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95498 on: July 25, 2015, 03:41:51 pm »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95499 on: July 25, 2015, 03:47:48 pm »

Oh, for crying out loud. Why is the US such a whore.
It's hard to keep yourself in flashy tanks and some nuclear bling without finding some "sponsors".
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95500 on: July 25, 2015, 06:04:14 pm »

Man, Hetalia got weird.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95501 on: July 25, 2015, 06:10:41 pm »

It's still happening??
And that worries me because even the first season was weird.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #95502 on: July 25, 2015, 07:07:48 pm »

Bought new jeans today.

In my prime, I fit into Holister 30 waist.  I just fit comfortably into 38s  and into 36s

:(
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95503 on: July 25, 2015, 07:22:32 pm »

We lost a ping kitten. :(
It was the little guy who was always crawling out of the bed, trying to find mom when she left. I think he just starved. She can't produce enough for six, still. I'll have to feed them by bottle.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 07:24:14 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #95504 on: July 25, 2015, 07:39:52 pm »

We lost a ping kitten. :(
It was the little guy who was always crawling out of the bed, trying to find mom when she left. I think he just starved. She can't produce enough for six, still. I'll have to feed them by bottle.
:(
I'm very sorry to hear that :(

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 6365 6366 [6367] 6368 6369 ... 8167