Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6364 6365 [6366] 6367 6368 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435219 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95475 on: July 23, 2015, 08:02:11 am »

Welp, the first band I ever saw live have just broken up :(
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #95476 on: July 23, 2015, 09:33:52 am »

The locals aren't always murderous. We're pretty nice most of the time. The wildlife is pretty bad though, especially at dusk, dawn and night.

You're telling me that I'll be fine at high noon, though, but that's when the locals are at their most dangerous.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95477 on: July 23, 2015, 10:07:58 am »

Got a new watch, but even after putting it on the smallest 'hinge' (idk what they're called) it's still way too big for my tiny sparrow snap-like-twig wrists. Removing the links seems very dubious. >:l
AFAIK you can probably do that, they should all be the same part.  If it's the kind with hingey metal bits. 
Disclaimer: I am not an expert, nor have I asked one.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #95478 on: July 23, 2015, 10:16:37 am »

Got a new watch, but even after putting it on the smallest 'hinge' (idk what they're called) it's still way too big for my tiny sparrow snap-like-twig wrists. Removing the links seems very dubious. >:l

Switch out the stainless for a leather strap and punch holes in it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #95479 on: July 23, 2015, 11:31:49 am »

I got my watch at what amounts to a jeweller, and they removed some of the metal thingies to make it fit my thin wrists.
You could go to a jeweler and ask them if they could do it for you.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95480 on: July 23, 2015, 01:38:50 pm »

I got my watch at what amounts to a jeweller, and they removed some of the metal thingies to make it fit my thin wrists.
You could go to a jeweler and ask them if they could do it for you.
This.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95481 on: July 23, 2015, 05:26:46 pm »

So the postal service decided that since our mail needs to be forwarded from our PO box at the local post office to our physical residence, they should send it all the way back to Seattle so as to ensure they waste as much time and money as possible, and that my father's prescription arrives over a week late. Bureaucracy in action, folks. Thanks assholes, you could have just put it in the delivery truck and brought it here on the same day it arrived. You fucking know where it's supposed to go, you have the address.

Have to go to the pharmacy now and see if they'll release another month's supply 3 weeks early.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95482 on: July 23, 2015, 05:35:43 pm »

So the postal service decided that since our mail needs to be forwarded from our PO box at the local post office to our physical residence, they should send it all the way back to Seattle so as to ensure they waste as much time and money as possible, and that my father's prescription arrives over a week late. Bureaucracy in action, folks. Thanks assholes, you could have just put it in the delivery truck and brought it here on the same day it arrived. You fucking know where it's supposed to go, you have the address.

Have to go to the pharmacy now and see if they'll release another month's supply 3 weeks early.
It's all computerized these days, but that is somewhat stupid.
Sigtext

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #95483 on: July 23, 2015, 08:34:29 pm »

Finally got around to trying to sign up for college classes. Really late in the sign up process. Of course most classes are full. Of course almost all my options that would've been most convenient for me are full. I procrastinated on this for a month because I was afraid of finding exactly this. And by procrastinating I just made the whole thing more likely. Stupid me.

I messed up badly. Really feeling hopeless.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95484 on: July 23, 2015, 09:05:55 pm »

Hey that sounds like me, Spehss. I'm still having to actually catch my advisor to get the advising block lifted. I'm hoping they'll respond to the email I'm sending tonight.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95485 on: July 24, 2015, 01:06:02 am »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.  :-[

EDIT: Shooter is a 58-year old white male, for a change. I guess maybe it's progress that it's not a disaffected crazy young white guy. Maybe?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:07:49 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95486 on: July 24, 2015, 08:04:10 am »

Oh gods I'm doing that thing where I procrastinate for no reason and then freak out over it. And then procrastinate more.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #95487 on: July 24, 2015, 08:08:08 am »

well its summer youre kinda supposed to do that

unless youre one of those weird underworld people

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95488 on: July 24, 2015, 08:11:10 am »

Oh gods I'm doing that thing where I procrastinate for no reason and then freak out over it. And then procrastinate more.

Oh gods you reminded me I had something important to do before I procrastinate-sleep.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95489 on: July 24, 2015, 08:13:31 am »

well its summer youre kinda supposed to do that

unless youre one of those weird underworld people
I'm rather offended that you don't already know me to be one of those weird underworld people. :(
And it's too cold to do anything, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 6364 6365 [6366] 6367 6368 ... 8167