Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6360 6361 [6362] 6363 6364 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430702 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95415 on: July 21, 2015, 06:59:43 pm »

It wasn't even race mixing. It was inspired by Lovecraft, WASP extraordinaire, discovering his grandmother (maternal, IIRC) was Welsh. THE TERROR IS REAL. AND SLIGHTLY DAMP.

NOOOOO
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95416 on: July 21, 2015, 07:17:22 pm »

It wasn't even race mixing. It was inspired by Lovecraft, WASP extraordinaire, discovering his grandmother (maternal, IIRC) was Welsh. THE TERROR IS REAL. AND SLIGHTLY DAMP.

NOOOOO
<snip>
Also apparently "Wales/Welsh" means foreigner!  Their own name would be Brythoniaid but who cares what they said.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #95417 on: July 21, 2015, 10:02:21 pm »

My head is filled with stupid shit I really shouldn't be still upset about... And it's making me pretty much unable to enjoy my time. Guuuh... Brain why are you so stupid.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #95418 on: July 21, 2015, 10:06:26 pm »

My head is filled with stupid shit I really shouldn't be still upset about... And it's making me pretty much unable to enjoy my time. Guuuh... Brain why are you so stupid.

It's just evolutionary conditioning to make sure everyone stays on their toes, albeit as an edgy teenager.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #95419 on: July 21, 2015, 10:49:25 pm »

Having to watch a series that has a bi character with my parents.
I can imagine the parental commentary now.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #95420 on: July 22, 2015, 02:39:22 am »

I feel incredibly bored today. Nothing really that I feel like doing. Just feeling apathy and lying in bed.

Uwwaahhh

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95421 on: July 22, 2015, 02:40:28 am »

I wish I could lie down on a bed right now.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95422 on: July 22, 2015, 02:56:29 am »

My parents are the worst at this. They're generally nice people, but heaven forbid they see someone on TV who's gay/transwhatever/has a religion other than Christian/doesn't go to church/comes from a poor family/uses "bad language"/is in any way slightly deviant from what they're used to...
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #95423 on: July 22, 2015, 03:01:08 am »

Wait...um, just to poke at this. Weren't they exposed to the idea that it's not [whateverwrong] given that they visited Washington with you?  :-\

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95424 on: July 22, 2015, 04:21:55 am »

M'kay. So I've been feeling a trifle crummy lately. I like to  take walks just about everyday, and today was no exception. So I was just, y'know, walking on my way when I spotted… her. She was an old lady, at least seventy, with gray hair and wrinkles and the like. She was in a wheelchair. Now, I know that this isn't exactly the most unusual thing to see a person in; plenty of people are stuck in wheelchairs, and some have been stuck in them for their entire lives. That's just it though.

I reached this nice, steep, steep, steep hill that I like to go jogging up. I was about to start when my mind turned to the old invalid. Surely she would be unable to enjoy such a jog in her condition. And what about those who have been in a crippled condition for all of their lives. They would never have such a privileged opportunity as mine. This made me quite distraught, knowing full-well that such a defect could very well have afflicted me had the circumstances of my formation and birth been different.

As I sat down, I began to wonder about the other things that could plague a person. There are those who will never hear the laughs of children, the conversations of their friends, the beautiful music that we as people have composed. There are those who will never see the beauty of a flower, the smile of a mother, or the moon in the Night's sky. And what of all the other birth defects a person can have. It is estimated that seven babies are born a second. How many of them will be born with the cleft lip? With the blindness? With the gay? With the Down's? With the autism? All these horrible things that have, by the LORD's Grace, missed me, will in turn affect someone else's life.

"Why must these things happen?" I am left to wonder. The LORD allows such terrible things to occur to people from their very birth. Is it our penance for the crimes of our forebears Adam and Eve? Perhaps we deserve it, for perverting our own nature by willing defying God and allowing Sin to enter into the world.

Not something I usually like to think about, because it's pretty sad when you do. :(
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #95425 on: July 22, 2015, 04:23:13 am »

Wait...um, just to poke at this. Weren't they exposed to the idea that it's not [whateverwrong] given that they visited Washington with you?  :-\
That's like exposing somebody to radiation for a few seconds and expecting them to mutate into Spider-Man.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #95426 on: July 22, 2015, 05:09:35 am »

-snip-
They say when you lose a sense, your other ones become stronger. A deaf person might not hear speech, but they can read the subtleties of sign language very readily. A blind person can still hear and feel, and doesn't miss colours or any visual beauty; there's no point in wanting what you can't have. One should make the most of what they're given, and see their flaws as opportunities to become better at other things. An autist might not read social cues or the thoughts and emotions of others very well, but that leaves room for introspection and independence.

I assure you, a person born mute or blind or deaf or crippled or with Down's or autistic or anything else isn't any less capable of happiness than anyone else. Their happiness is simply different. And that is true for everyone, even people without 'conditions'. Be happy with what you have, make the most of it, and help others do so as well. Maybe they will help you too.

(Note: You mentioned 'being born with the gay' as a horrible thing. I disagree on several levels, but let's not talk about that.)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95427 on: July 22, 2015, 05:14:33 am »

Yeah I'm totally scum of the earth because I'm gay,
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95428 on: July 22, 2015, 05:38:25 am »

I could fill an entire Rage thread with the myriad ways in which the people I live with make me angry.
Since we don't have a Rage thread these days, I think I'll go buy some cheap junk food and comfort eat instead.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95429 on: July 22, 2015, 05:38:34 am »

Yeah I'm totally scum of the earth because I'm gay,

nah m8 icy just said your other senses become stronger nothing wrong with that
Pages: 1 ... 6360 6361 [6362] 6363 6364 ... 8167