Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6354 6355 [6356] 6357 6358 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9426623 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95325 on: July 19, 2015, 08:12:55 pm »

But yeah trying taking vitamin D, like double or triple what it says for daily recommended and see if that makes any difference.
Check how much vitamin D any pills you might take have before doing this. More than 100 micrograms a day might cause adverse reactions, and one can in fact overdose on fat-soluble vitamins such as D.
something something overdose on the D something something
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #95326 on: July 19, 2015, 09:14:41 pm »

Sourceforge is down for maintenance. And I wanted to play IVAN and catch leprosy.

RIP IVAN it's still down.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #95327 on: July 19, 2015, 09:24:40 pm »

grlbgf

Bowels being silly again. IBS is terrible, and so is acid reflux. It generally flares up when i get nervous/anxious/worried about something, and unfortunately for me, i get that a lot. It noticably detracted from the experience of Jurassic World, since most of the movie was spent with no real apetite (not even munchies for sweets and soda), along with a load of gas lodged behind an obstacle. I could of course have gone to the toilet, but i didn't want to miss out on any of the dinosaur'y goodness. :<

On top of that, i very regularly have to contend with my burps either being stuck in my stomach or bringing up some acid and/or content. I'm starting to figure out ways to minimize this, but there are still those times where one little burp leaves my breath smelling and tasting like vomit for the next half hour. Suffice to say, that's undesirable.

Is it dangerous? No. Is it bothersome? Yes, a lot. The very best part for a hypochondriac like myself is that frequent acid reflux carries an elevated risk of esophageal cancer. :I (doctor doesn't seem worried though, so i'll just go ahead and not think about that too much)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95328 on: July 19, 2015, 10:43:17 pm »

US Taxpayers Spend $3.5 Million to Find Out Why (75% of) Lesbians Are Fat. This is up from the 1.5mil from 3yrs ago.
Also: don't go through the comments. Not. worth. it.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #95329 on: July 19, 2015, 10:58:00 pm »

Sourceforge is down for maintenance. And I wanted to play IVAN and catch leprosy.

... if folks want to play it, I've got the 050 windows version gathering dust in my roguelike folders, which I think was the most recent of the main developer's, before they stopped working on it. Not quite the newer stuff fans worked on, but it's there. Can prooobably manage a download link if someone's desperate. Just PM me or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #95330 on: July 19, 2015, 11:07:14 pm »

"Hmmm, its been extremely busy all night every night for the past few weeks... Better only put down a skeleton crew for Sunday and just let those poor fucks twist in the wind." Man I wish that I could find a job doing something  that doesn't make me hate my fellow man.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95331 on: July 19, 2015, 11:43:08 pm »

... if folks want to play it, I've got the 050 windows version gathering dust in my roguelike folders, which I think was the most recent of the main developer's, before they stopped working on it. Not quite the newer stuff fans worked on, but it's there. Can prooobably manage a download link if someone's desperate. Just PM me or somethin'.

Yeah, I did eventually get myself the newer fan version from github after a bit of internet trawling. My new sad is that I keep[Alright, only twice now, but still] arbitrarily dying in one turn from stepping on active landmines and having my mustard gas grenades/wands explode and finish me off.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #95332 on: July 20, 2015, 12:56:14 am »

programming is my only skill and i'm extroverted as hell

did i pick the wrong trade?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95333 on: July 20, 2015, 12:57:21 am »

I dunno. Where I live, IT people who are charismatic are basically crack made of gold.
As in, you should be getting some crazy advancement options.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #95334 on: July 20, 2015, 01:07:02 am »

programming is not IT except that it happens to involve IT

...but i've worked IT yeah

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95335 on: July 20, 2015, 02:24:58 am »

As an extroverted programmer managing programmers or being a team supervisor should suit your skill set. Unless you are a pushover.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95336 on: July 20, 2015, 02:28:54 am »

Though we're also assuming that extroverted = popular, which isn't always accurate.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95337 on: July 20, 2015, 02:31:18 am »

Come home today to find the dogs had tried to excavate the bricks around my bed, under which the kittens are kept. Despite that, its the most fortified location in the house for them. My brothers dog and mine will have to be left outside when they're not monitored, which means a proper dog kennel. I just wish I could trust her. Making sure the trash and dirty dishes and whatever else she gets into is moved outside/dealt with before we leave works, sure, but I can't haul the kittens out, because there's no better shelter for them. The dogs will have to go out. They're adults, there's shade, and water.

That damn puppy will probably have to go out too. She's picking up cues from then other two I know, and she definitely hasn't learned the "don't beat up the cats" rule yet. Or any others besides finally ceasing to potty in the house, which is probably more habit than training. Its very difficult to train a dog that doesn't trust you in the first place. Positive reinforcement is impossible because she doesn't seek praise or reward, just barks at us whenever onenof us men enters the room and runs and hides. Punishment wouldn't be an option anyway, and everything is a punishment already, even looking at her. Were just assumed to be monsters, only my mother can interact with her reliably.

In truth, cats are much easier to train than dogs, if only because their potential for total property damage is reduced with their size, and they're too lazy to get into most things.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #95338 on: July 20, 2015, 03:28:26 am »

Though we're also assuming that extroverted = popular, which isn't always accurate.
I'm not. Just that being extroverted has lead to experience in dealing with people. And that he is capable of applying that experience to dealing with new people.
I've met a number of popular people who are absolute shit at management. They don't draw clear enough lines of acceptable behavior and enforce them.

It really does suck when a pet/animal is too skittish to engage. :(
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #95339 on: July 20, 2015, 06:46:49 am »

US Taxpayers Spend $3.5 Million to Find Out Why (75% of) Lesbians Are Fat. This is up from the 1.5mil from 3yrs ago.

What's so strange about research into why a specific demographic has a clear and identifiable health issue at a disproportionate rate?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 6354 6355 [6356] 6357 6358 ... 8167